Author Topic: My Nagant  (Read 955 times)

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
My Nagant
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 07:30:05 PM »
Originally posted by BiGBMAW
looks like a "Saturday Night Special" ...SHould be banned

Btw...Lord look at that gap between barrel and cylnder

I beleive, per a previous thread on this very same revolver, that the shell casing protrudes from the cylinder at the time it's fired to compensate for that.

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
My Nagant
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by BiGBMAW
looks like a "Saturday Night Special" ...SHould be banned

Btw...Lord look at that gap between barrel and cylnder

not to add any confusion but I thought that when the hammer is "clocked" (man this is so stupid) that the cylinder moves forward slightly to close the gap, I could be wrong its been along time since I fired a SA or a DA, and then there could be difference between Russian and American designs...

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
My Nagant
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 07:38:40 PM »
http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=217043&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

And so on.

I tried to explain the idea. Low tolerance highly accurate weapon.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
My Nagant
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 08:27:57 PM »
Great photos too.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
My Nagant
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 09:18:04 PM »
Originally posted by Nefarious
My Mosin Nagant is an 1891/30 with the Izhevsk arsenal stamped 1941. And it is a Triangle with an Arrow. Its the top rifle.

I have read that Tula (with a Star, as You corrected me) Nagants were the best quality. Originally Mk1895 revolvers were produced in Tula since 1897.

I seriously envy you guys. I can only go to a shooting-range to practice a rented handgun, with no chance to work at it at home or buy my own ammo.

I have shown Dima (Russian) a Nagant cartridge this Spring when he visited me. I can go to jail for 5 years for showing it to someone else. They can jail you here for owning a single .22LR cartridge, and it;s a real problem, because I have some back from 20 years ago when I was in rifleing team. And I don;t know where they are now. All over the place. I even used some (lead) in technical drawing in the Uni :D Nagant is almost no danger, our brave Militia will think this is a defected or empty case :D No bullet outside ;)

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
My Nagant
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 10:25:58 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
I have read that Tula (with a Star, as You corrected me) Nagants were the best quality. Originally Mk1895 revolvers were produced in Tula since 1897.

I seriously envy you guys. I can only go to a shooting-range to practice a rented handgun, with no chance to work at it at home or buy my own ammo.

I have shown Dima (Russian) a Nagant cartridge this Spring when he visited me. I can go to jail for 5 years for showing it to someone else. They can jail you here for owning a single .22LR cartridge, and it;s a real problem, because I have some back from 20 years ago when I was in rifleing team. And I don;t know where they are now. All over the place. I even used some (lead) in technical drawing in the Uni :D Nagant is almost no danger, our brave Militia will think this is a defected or empty case :D No bullet outside ;)

Is that because of strict gun laws that you are unable to possess cartridges?
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
My Nagant
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 10:32:51 PM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
Is that a crack or split?

I just know it's intended to be there :D It's not a crack...I'll take it apart and see.

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
My Nagant
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 10:54:47 PM »
Originally posted by FrodeMk3
Russian, it looks like you were able to find one that was rust-free and in fairly good condition, not put together out of spare parts or cast offs. Congrats!

I think they all come this way. I got it from AIMPlus. Mine looks new...and probably is.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
My Nagant
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 11:04:36 PM »
Dammit man, you're in Chino?

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
My Nagant
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 11:08:34 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Dammit man, you're in Chino?

Yep. Why?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
My Nagant
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 11:09:30 PM »
I'm in Riverside. Where do you go to shoot?

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
My Nagant
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 11:20:49 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I'm in Riverside. Where do you go to shoot?

The only one I knows is in Chino. It's off of euclid ave. It's not even rifle...and a bit expensive. 15$

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=chino,+a&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.984987,82.265625&ie=UTF8&ll=33.936355,-117.658532&spn=0.001086,0.002511&t=k&z=19&iwloc=addr&om=1

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
My Nagant
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 04:06:27 AM »
Originally posted by Russian
It's not even rifle...and a bit expensive. 15$

$15 to shoot your own guns? Are there no Free Public Ranges in CA?
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
My Nagant
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2007, 08:32:10 AM »
No free ones that I know of.

That range was built for the 1984 Olympics.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
My Nagant
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 09:53:45 AM »
Ok... I don't recall having to have boroda explain anything about the gun to me including the "protruding" shells...  I know all about the gun anyway.

are you talking about the brass coming out past the cyl or the fact that the shell heads are not recessed?  either way... I was aware of both.

All nagants sent here are in pretty good shape.  they are also dirt cheap.. it is the weak underpowered ammo that is expensive.

I never said it killed all those people.. it only killed the ones who were kneeling.

It probly didn't kill anyone in the winter.. cause the heavy coat would stop the puny bullet.   would leave a nasty welt tho.

I suggest that you put the trigger on a good trigger scale.   you will find the double action somewhere between 16 and 20 lbs if it is typical of the breed.

lazs