Author Topic: Warping  (Read 1109 times)

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 06:34:20 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Very nice explanation :aok  Can you repeat where it says why the packets get lost only when I am on their 6?  They seem to have no issues when they are on mine :noid

Ya know, I really don't know, I'm coming to understand a bit more about it as i have heard alot more people who have never had a warping problems have one lately, now i too have a warping problem where i never had one b4, so i'm trying to understand why, and part of why is how, you have to know how you warp in order to determine why your warping, I have a very slight understanding of it now but in no way do i fully understand.

from what I gather from skuzzy's posts, is that the vast majority of the recent warping problems we are haveing is do to a relitively new "backbone" that some ISP's are useing now, comcast being one of them, which is my isp. the system or backbone they are useing apparently comes from another company (if I understand this right) and it's a good system, but as yet it can't handle all the customers it has, it's overloaded.

Furthermore what I get out of what skuzzy has to say about it, is, there isn't much you can do, if you change isp's more then likely you will end up back in the same boat, if not right away, eventually.

I have never heard of even one person who had been caught intentionally warping, so imho and from the fact that when i have warped offence was out of the question, I don't think it happens, tho I may be wrong.

Don
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Warping
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 06:50:45 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
FYI, if you are on statellite you are probably warping most all of the time.

Statellite is the worst connection you can have to fly on.

< proof :D

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 06:58:19 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
FYI, if you are on statellite you are probably warping most all of the time.

Statellite is the worst connection you can have to fly on.

Satellite connections aren't the best. Especially during peak hours. If you can get a cable connection, it would be a lot better.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 07:31:01 PM »
Originally posted by wrag
The warps I object to are the ones that SEEM so smooth until you line up on their 6.  Then WARP!

I've watched some that flying within 200 yards are SMOOTH but soon as I get on their 6 WARP!

I've seen some that don't warp no matter the distance and then when I almost have a solution to fire WARP.  And I'm NOT on their 6 but coming in from at an angle from the side.

I've even had em warp BIG time after my 1st rounds reach em.  1 or 2 rounds actually land and then WARP.

Some of the warps sure SEEM to happen at the best possible time for the warper.

I have a dozen video's atleast of people in GV's doing this. They are fine, no warping, but when a shell is about the hit them, the suddenly reverse or charge forward, only to return to the point the shell landed right afterward. I'm not talking good timed moves either.. take one of them I sent Skuzzy that has an M3 going full keel.. suddenly, when the round gets near him, he goes full reverse without stopping, or slowing down. Cheating? maybe, wouldn't doubt it. The timing is just too conveinent.

One other thing, maybe it has to do with Lag, but I'm compiling a collection of these videos to send to Skuzzy too. How many of you out there can survive a tiger shell at point blank range, 3 times in an M3? The tiger was the worst, but it mostly happens in M4's and Panzers. I have a list of names I'm also compiling of those who are guilty of these 'offense's' so maybe yall should stop now. Either way, I will enjoy finally getting those who exploit off this game atleast for a few minutes and force them to pay more if it comes to canceling thier accounts. Every game I've ever played, people fully take advantage of exploits, but if it's a huge problem, the programers don't care because then they'd lose too many people by banning them all, or even suspending them. The only time I've ever seen the players force the programers to fix an issue was when we organized a boycott and 'walked' out. While it wasn't fun, those left in the game complained about there being no one to fight.. well, the only way to fix that was to fix the issues.Took two weeks, but suddenly, the problem area's were off limits, or people couldn't log into that character until they fixxed the issues.

Boycotting probably wouldn't work here because too many people enjoy exploits, or just don't care enough to want them fixed. Me? I'd do it in a heart beat. I can find other things to do, and if I have to quit the game.. so be it. Is why I'm back in AH full time.. last game, I walked out wiuth about 100 peeps. We had been told it was working as intended and that suchg and such was impossible, to which we responded by posting about 30 screens of this so called impossible act. We were told it's a fluke. A fluke that happened on atleast 17 seperate occasions by our screens alone in the course of a week.

HTC will fix the problems one day, but probably not soon. Most games have the same mentality: We'll give them things they want in terms of shiney objects, and make them forget the fact the house is rotting beneath thier feet. Most will become sedated, and stop complaining long enough for new shiney things to take thier interest.   While this might not be the full truth, I am only an outsider after all... If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck.. 99.9% chance it is a duck. HTC is not the first to follow this patern, nor will they be the last :(
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 07:37:30 PM »
Originally posted by TwentyFo
There are no cheaters in this game. Warp is due strictly to internet connection.

What game are you playing again?

what is your term of a cheater? Someone who has an unfair advantage over others by using non normal means? Gimme your email, I have a few videos to send you.

If that's not your definition.. then you need to look up the word.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Warping
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2007, 12:28:43 AM »
Originally posted by TwentyFo
There are no cheaters in this game. Warp is due strictly to internet connection.

wrong, u can easily make a gismo to cause warp with a simple light switch
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Warping
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 01:27:56 AM »
I was chasing  set of buffs one night.  As I drew into guns range he was instantly behind me firing and took me down.

We exchanged several PM's afterwards and he knew he had a warping problem around enemy cons and was smart enough to take full advantage of it.

That, in my mind, is no different than cheating.  If he had any honor he'd lay off the guns after the warp, not jump guns to take advantage of it.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2007, 02:42:55 AM »
grab a 190..get speed..stik stir like crazy if someone shoots at you..

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Warping
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 11:25:46 AM »
My warping was caused not by my connection but some resource issue with my old weak laptop, either something with the video or cpu I dunno but. when I'd change views, i'd sometimes get a stutter and a warp. so in my case thats why I'd appear to warp when someone would be near my 6, I'd be switching views, etc.  (also remember to the warper, everyone else looks like theyre warping too, so its not fun)

whatever the case since I got much more powerful laptop, I have had no complaints about me warping, and I'm on the exact same connection.  in fact, I rarely see anyone ELSE warping either.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Warping
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 11:37:08 AM »
I would hope that the jumping bomber drone warp could be addressed in some not to distant patch.  I think I would prefer to have locational errors (on my FE) correct them selves by drones flying a little more smoothly to their proper position rather than warping to new locations.

This smoothing may induce flight paths that are not in reality (actually) possible .............but then warping is not so common an event in reality either.
Ludere Vincere

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2007, 11:48:58 AM »
Originally posted by kvuo75
My warping was caused not by my connection but some resource issue with my old weak laptop, either something with the video or cpu I dunno but. when I'd change views, i'd sometimes get a stutter and a warp. so in my case thats why I'd appear to warp when someone would be near my 6, I'd be switching views, etc.  (also remember to the warper, everyone else looks like theyre warping too, so its not fun)

whatever the case since I got much more powerful laptop, I have had no complaints about me warping, and I'm on the exact same connection.  in fact, I rarely see anyone ELSE warping either.

yep when I loose UDP everyone disappears  I do not find this to be in anyway helpful .

Some one once told me "you should dissengage if you loose UDP" ..I had to laugh because the loss of UDP does in fact cause a disengage as everyone I see disappears and reappears somewhere else.

I suppose if noone is in front of me and I loose UDP I wouldn't even notice (because no one would appear to warp)

but I can tell you that is sucks when you are about to kill someone (you think) and all of of sudden everyone moves to a new unexpected location.
  I have never had anyone suddenly appear in front of me lol.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 12:15:27 AM »
Actually, I believe the issue is more that some ISP's are now beginning to prioritize packets destined to "mainstream" ports and services over more esoteric and less common ones - so web browsing will continue to be responsive while stuff like peer to peer file sharing gets cut back when the network gets congested.  

Unfortunately, AH takes it in the shorts along with Limewire and Morpheus.

Yanksfan, we love ya but you are most definately naive if you don't think that some folks will get away with what they can just because they can (or think they can).  If you think otherwise, just go ask the guys who play in the 8-Player Internet Rooms.  (Oh yeah, first ask them why there AREN'T any any more...)

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
Warping
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2007, 08:37:09 AM »
How come none of these threads ever mentions latency?

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 11:25:01 AM »
Because latency doesn't cause warping.  Fluctuations in latency and/or information that doesn't get where it's supposed to, or at least when it's supposed to, causes warping.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Warping
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 11:36:59 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
I was chasing  set of buffs one night.  As I drew into guns range he was instantly behind me firing and took me down.

We exchanged several PM's afterwards and he knew he had a warping problem around enemy cons and was smart enough to take full advantage of it.

That, in my mind, is no different than cheating.  If he had any honor he'd lay off the guns after the warp, not jump guns to take advantage of it.

agreed.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila