Author Topic: Big map is back, but...  (Read 6008 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2007, 01:43:18 PM »
Flayed the general idea in bombers is to make it to your target, take out said target, and make it home. I'd say your thinking is right on the money.

On the other hand if one makes a living out of bombing tactical strats, ords, dars, troops, fuel, on bases that actually matter in the fight. If your going after these targets at these bases????

Your going to find reason to heat up your bomber guns. That or "reason" will find you. Most of all with the knits, who seem to take tactical bombing of their bases personally.

Last night I was being chased by a Bish Mossie and P-47 while in my pork store B-26s. For whatever reason they broke off, "the Mossie expended all its ammo while 2,000 yrds off". Maybe they were low on fuel, maybe ammo, maybe they had to clean their room. However if it was Knits chasing me then 99.9% of the time its going to end with one of us hitting the chutes. Or, a damaged fighter breaking off.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline GGhost

• Copper Member
      • 79TH FIGHTER GROUP - FALCONS
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2007, 03:53:43 PM »
Thanks for the big map HTC. Makes some more down the road.

< Salute > - GGhost :aok
Currently not flying

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2007, 05:29:42 PM »
Originally posted by soupcan
:rolleyes:

so your rook countrymen who were defending against our assault
at a12 for over 90 minutes actually weren't there?

the furball between a4 and a1 was an illusion?

it took the rooks a full dar bar and 30 min to capture v11
because it was empty?
By the time yall were into the 3rd base Rooks started showing up in force, and I REALLY wish I hadn't squealing mentioned Bop's, yet another whizzing match there REALLY wasn't the focus of my point. Human nature seems to be that a large % will go for empty bases in here to the exclusion of all else, including ANY sort of interaction with the other sides. I had seen more than a few guys post in the past that small maps FORCE people to fight, and I thought it a rather pessimistic view of gameplay....I stand corrected:confused:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2007, 04:45:29 AM »
Ive had absoultely no trouble finding a furball on the large map at any time of day, inclduing 0730 EST when there are less than 100 people on.

Yes you are going to have squads or groups attack empty bases, the same as it was with any map, big or small.

The one thing Ive noticed is alot more GV action with these maps, especially with the way the Vbases are configured.

The CV action is incredible as you could probably fly all night off a CV if you wanted to as there are so many in play.

I see some of the points ( the wack a mole thing was pretty funny) but in my opinion I just see much more to do for every individuals style of play Furball, Land-Grab, Strats, GV's.

I have really enjoyed this map and I'm hoping this is only the beginning of the re-introduction of big maps into the rotation.

You are NEVER going to have "eutopia" as no matter what not every person is going to like everything all the time, but I think if your looking for certain types of engagements so far this large map has provided more opportunity to find what your looking for.

<>