Author Topic: Big map is back, but...  (Read 5997 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 06:15:11 PM »
FIRSTLY.....thanks HTC and Co.  It's great to use these terrains again.  I'm happier than a pig in the proverbial :D

Guys right click country status when you get in.  NO..... I REPEAT NO 40% win criteria.  It's the old way except you have to keep all your bases.

For those of you that never experienced the old single MA these maps were the norm.

Strat players look at Zone bases hint hint...... do not panic.

For the furballers there's still plenty of opportunity between the closest bases across the waters......do not panic.

Sit back with a cold one and enjoy.  Maybe even raise a glass to HTC.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 06:23:28 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
and those that want to furball may be disappointed.

Lol, I am, Steve, I hoped it was the Donut! :D

Originally posted by Lusche
I swear, the first thing I read on Ch200 after entering arena: "OMG, we will never reset this map! That sucks" :D

LMAO! Yeah, I believe that, Lusche, heard it a lot today. :)

Thank you, HTC, and welcome back to the big maps, I missed them a lot. Now give us Trinity, FesterMA and the Donut!
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:38:55 AM by hitech »

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2007, 07:06:22 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:39:07 AM by hitech »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007, 07:09:56 PM »
Yaay!

Now we need to go back to:

1 arena
no uncapturable bases
only one country needs to be taken to win.

SOMEDAY!
It will happen!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2007, 07:11:40 PM »
RV8's are allowed thow :aok
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2007, 07:16:34 PM »
Hmm...finally some room for a 30K B17 mission.:aok
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2007, 07:17:43 PM »
Originally posted by SpikesX

no uncapturable bases
only one country needs to be taken to win.

I hope to see that crap  never  again...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 07:20:16 PM »
I hope to see that crap  never  again...

Awww...party pooper!

I remember the rolling ghi missions...best fun i've ever had.

And all the "VOLCH VOLCH VOLCH"!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2007, 07:24:53 PM »
Originally posted by SpikesX
Awww...party pooper!

I remember the rolling ghi missions...best fun i've ever had.

And all the "VOLCH VOLCH VOLCH"!

You can always do such missions, they are not related to the war win criterias in any way.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2007, 07:52:30 PM »
Great map, great terrain, interesting possibilities abound, whoever built the thing I you.

Its also to freaking big.

Naw, I aint complaining. Im just giving my opinion. You would need about 5 times the players in it to make it as action filled as even the Uterus map. We had a stretch tonight where the Bish were fighting the Knights and that was it. We stole a bunch of bases and saw nothing but green the entire time. So you either had to fly for about 2 hours to get to the bish/knit furball or you had to change sides.

And bomber missions to strats?? I hope you have about 3 hours free to drone to the other side of the world and bomb a target that doesn't mean much and that probably wont even be defended.

Maybe Im wrong and need to give it more time. But so far tonight was boring. And I suspect that since its going to take so much longer to get to places that theres going to be a lot more bailing out of airplanes. Most of all bombers.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2007, 07:55:30 PM »
so far I have to say I like it. It seems pretty easy to find fights away from the furballs. So it looks like bigger maps will allow more 1 v 1 fighting.
"strafing"

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2007, 08:01:59 PM »
We stole a bunch of bases and saw nothing but green the entire time. So you either had to fly for about 2 hours to get to the bish/knit furball or you had to change sides.

Yup, the toolshedder hordemonkeys will spill in their pants over this map. I logged in and sure enough,  there were a couple of hordes rolling undefended bases.  Hordes from each side, but they will never meet because they consists of eunich vulchers and toolshedders that fear being involved  in a fight.  If they are, they can always re-up in some other abandoned corner of the map after they are quickly sent to the tower.  Terrible for gameplay unless you like bombing buildings.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 08:16:18 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Yup, the toolshedder hordemonkeys will spill in their pants over this map. I logged in and sure enough,  there were a couple of hordes rolling undefended bases.  Hordes from each side, but they will never meet because they consists of eunich vulchers and toolshedders that fear being involved  in a fight.  If they are, they can always re-up in some other abandoned corner of the map after they are quickly sent to the tower.  Terrible for gameplay unless you like bombing buildings.

While you were constantly whining on 200, there were many pitched battles all over the map. I wanted to furball? No problem. I had a few one-on ones at remote, smaller battles (mostly lost 'em - I suck tonight), I thwarted a low scale enemy "sneak" of a Vfield, I was hunting buffs, took part in a quick CV battle...

I never had any problems finding a fight, actually I found more variations in them.

This big maps give us back some opportunity to do ALL the things we wanna do, switching between playing styles without having to wait a few days 'till another map comes up. GV battles far away from airfields so that the Vh's aren't dropped every 2mins, CV action, strat runs, furballing.. all is there.

And for that pet argument "toolshedders can hide all the day": As I already said many times : We could do that before. When I log on there is one arena with 150 players and 3 with less than 20 - I didn't need any large map to fly without any opposition.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Big map is back, but...
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2007, 08:17:37 PM »
You can always do such missions, they are not related to the war win criterias in any way.

Yeah but it's just not the same...:(

FlyKommando.com