Author Topic: so what do you do?  (Read 2285 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 09:58:35 AM »
and leslie... those are all good advice.. the truth is.. in MOST cases the feral crowd.. just like other animals...  look for the weak and the sick but.. you can't count on that.  

other things that happen are dog attacks here.   I have shot about a dozen dogs in the country that had packed up.   It is simply better to have a gun than not have one.

I can't imagine anyone who would not like to see me pull out a j frame and from a one foot distance.. put a 357 mag into a pit bull attacking their little boy or girl or someone elses.;

I can't imagine anyone who would want to be in a classroom with the guys who banned guns rather than me with one... especially when they can hear the little goth role player moving from room to room shooting the other sheeple.

I like to say that not carrying is a choice.. and I do believe it is.. but I believe it is a gutless and inhumane choice.

I am saddened that so many...including myself are hampered from carrying so much of the time

lazs

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 12:00:59 PM »
lazs i work labour when i do get the motivation to earn money and so i have a sun bleached pair of steel toecaps that i wear most of the time anyhow.

now i know a rabid pitbull may beable to grab my leg just before i kick its ribs into its lungs but then i still saved the child even if at my own expense.

before guns men and women were still known for insane acts of bravery to protect the weak from attack.

all im saying is that you dont need a gun to save a child from a pitbull, even if it does make it 5 times harder.

but then....you dont need a gun to go into a school and kill 7 people....
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 12:03:13 PM by B@tfinkV »
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 12:03:37 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
You are more likely to be attacked or mugged than you are to be in a wreck where a seatbelt would save you..  but.. they make us wear seatbelts.

lazs
C'mon now Lazs. Your hurting your credibility with junk stats like that.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 12:20:10 PM »

From that site... there are 1,400,000 violent crimes in the US every year.

Now.. one of you parrot, empty headed lefties please explain how seatbelts save the lives of 1.4 million Americans every year????

i thought he already proved his point?  clever way of looking at it too if you ask me.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 01:12:19 PM »
guys...  you might save the lives of 10% of the accident victims in car wrecks by forcing them to wear seatbelts right?  that might be what?  5,000 people.. that is 5,000 out of 300,000,000

now... there are 1,400,000 victims of violent attacks...  that is.... 1,400,000 out of 300,000,000

sooooo.. what about "you are more likely to be attacked than to have your seatbelt save your life"  did I not get right?

yet... you wear... are forced to wear.. seatbelts.. they are more trouble to put on and more uncomfortable to wear than to grab, and carry a handgun.

FBI stats show that firearms are used between 1.5 and 3 million times a year to stop crime.    do seatbelts prevent anything even close to that?

Of course not.

lazs

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 02:12:50 PM »

FBI stats show that firearms are used between 1.5 and 3 million times a year to stop crime.    do seatbelts prevent anything even close to that?

lazs

And how many crimes are committed using firearms a year?

Dude, put the NRA pamphlet away and start thinking for yourself.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 02:17:05 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
And how many crimes are committed using firearms a year?

Dude, put the NRA pamphlet away and start thinking for yourself.

And how many deaths are caused by cars every year? Wanna compare the numbers?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 02:42:10 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
And how many deaths are caused by cars every year? Wanna compare the numbers?

Im not the one who started comparing seatbelts with guns. ;) Cars are a useful part of everyday life for most, but a gun is not really useful for anything unless you are a soldier, hunter or a cop in some countries.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 03:05:12 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Im not the one who started comparing seatbelts with guns. ;) Cars are a useful part of everyday life for most, but a gun is not really useful for anything unless you are a soldier, hunter or a cop in some countries.

Or, unless someone stronger than you is threatening to take your possessions or your life, in which case a gun becomes infinitely more useful.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 03:47:53 PM »
a gun is only usefull if you want to kill someone. most people who held a gun to a mugger would probably just end up giving the mugger the gun anyhow.

maybe there are alot more people in American that feel they are happy to kill another person if the need presents itself. Most people around here are only happy to incapacitate a person if the need presents itself, even the muggers dont want to kill people.

having guns also makes people less likely to be capable of defending yourself without a gun. possibly.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 11:02:03 AM »
well..  I have no idea what the mugger will ultimately do.   I have held a gun on people before.. I had no problem with knowing that I would shoot if they moved.

I don't know what they had in mind.   I don't care.  they crossed the line.  If they were shot I would shoot to stop.. that is..  hit something on them that would stop them.. most likely they would die.  

In my opinion.. they shot themselves.. sad but.. what ya gonna do?  some people are just self destructive.   Not my call.  Their destiny was in their hands.

lazs

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 12:24:23 PM »
lazs are you related to clint eastwood at all. that would be cool.

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 12:39:20 PM »
Guns...
Here where i live we don't use guns.Fists get the job done.Guns are for weak.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 12:45:32 PM »
In some respects crodh... you are correct.   In a position of weakness a gun is indeed an equalizer..  we all have been in a position of weakness tho when it was not to our advantage.

If not.. we will be.   youth has a habit of leaving us.. our mothers and sisters are never a match for thugs tho.

One of my guys at work is 6'3" and about 250..  cocky too...  he came to work with a bad back one day.. could hardly move.. I asked him if I needed to kick the living crap out of him.   Just to prove I could.   It would have been easy.  

when he is well... I could still do it no problem with about 5 other guys helping.

lazs

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
so what do you do?
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 06:54:13 PM »
clint is the best coyboy of all time. the dude smoked so many cigarillos his lip moulded with a hole for them.