Author Topic: Engine vs Flames  (Read 582 times)

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
Engine vs Flames
« on: November 10, 2007, 09:08:05 PM »
Originally posted by SEseph
On the sat KoTH of this month, I encountered a situation that made me think. It was at the begining of a round, and there were 4 of us in a small furball. One of my burts lit another pilot on fire. I turned to ignore him. No sense in wasting ammo on someone who can not complete the round, like having no engine. Next thing I know, I'm torn up by him, go down, to which he soon followed. When I asked the CM's why this was the case, I was told controlled flight was the reason.

So my question is this: What is the diffrence between a pilot with no engine using his remaining E to kill someone at the begining, or during the course of a round and someone on fire? Neither has any hope of making it to the end, there is no way to fix this or compensate for it. Rudders, Elevaters, even guns can be lost, no problem, you can keep fighting, and over come. Engine loss and fire are terminal. There is no hope. You can even give an approximate time of death for both. I believe this should be changed. Fire=done unless final 2.

Seph
Silent Executioner

Originally posted by AKDogg
Well we could try this.  If your on fire and are not the last 2, then u must bail out.  Sounds resonable to at least give it a try but the problem is police it, espescially on SatKOTH when we have like 40+ people that attend.  I can only be at 1 place at a time in the event.  I believe this is the reason for the rule in the first place with planes on fire are acceptable till lost of control.

I posted this in the wrong forum, so I moved it here. Dogg, I agree the policing, but films let us fix disputes. I also saw another post on the original thread about not knowing you're on fire. Well, I like to cut my engine in fights for quick turns, so I don;'t always know my engie has died until I try turning it back on. Now, we can TELL the guy he';s on fie, because the other pilot will more than likely know he is. It's honor, and few people in the KoTH are without it. I think we should atleast try it, and see what happens. Pilot wounds are a degree of damage and could make it, but fires.. you aren't going to be on fire for 5 minutes.. just not gonna happen :)
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields