Author Topic: 1 month w/ no AH  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
1 month w/ no AH
« on: December 05, 2000, 12:39:00 PM »

and the withdrawals keep getting worse!!!!

Just wanted to let you dudes know that I haven't quit AH.  My stick is broken and it will be at least 2 weeks b4 I can get a new one.   Maybe I'll be lucky and 1.05 will be out when I'm able to get back.

S!

Udie

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2000, 12:40:00 PM »
You're not missing much, pretty redundant with same terrain,no updates.  Thank goodness for the Scenarios!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2000, 03:42:00 PM »
My monitors been dead for like a week now...but im not really missin much,   H2H...

------------------
aka Nefari...

Fighting in the air is not sport, it is scientific murder...

[This message has been edited by Nefarious (edited 12-05-2000).]
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2000, 05:03:00 PM »
Damn OOODDDEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Thought that Saitek was brand new? Oh well I got a new stick myself. New usb Microsoft Precision Pro and!!! I bought those German rudder pedals I was telling you about at the CON. I luv em Still getting used to them though. I'm in the middle of upgradeing my system so i have'nt been on much. See ya when ya get back up int eh unfriendly skies

LLB OUT!!!!!

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2000, 06:14:00 PM »
I can relate udie. About 6 months ago my system went down for 3 months till I had the $ to get her up and running. To the credit of my squad I had offers from $ to whole new systems and pay them back when I could.  I choose the long road and waited to save much to their dismay.  

Who says you can't make life long friends on the Internet?  I have.

We will be here when you return.  
------------------------
CM, CO, daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Snapshots
Event Calendar

Where men become friends and friends become brothers.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline SIFTER

• Zinc Member
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2000, 07:35:00 PM »
UDIE?,
Whoa! You still live! Bummer about the stick! Max and I are holding down the fort!Skorpyon has been busy too? Where did you finally settle down? Come back soon! One month back home in Knight land, selling warbonds, is plenty!
                          BERSERKR

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2000, 08:29:00 PM »
 My stick is broken, and I cant get up

Sorry udie. I just had to say it.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2000, 09:11:00 PM »
Udie money makes you wait 2 weeks or is it hard to get joysticks?
I have a saitek cyborg 3d with a slightly tempremental top hat which i replaced recently and you'd be welcome to it to tide you over the 2 weeks but i doubt it would even reach you by then.
hope to see you up soon  

hazed

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2000, 12:56:00 PM »
Money, stupidity and spoiled rottenness is what's making me wait.

I need a new stick but can't afford it.  My brandnew Saitek is broken, but I lost the reciept.  And I cannot, willnot relearn to fly with out rudders, stick and throttle.  I'll probobly go out and get another saitek x36 USB, but may look at CH usb gear too.  

Things are going good here in Austin.  The new job is working out great, but I don't make as much as I did in Houston, YET    Thank God I have a roommate.  I'll be back soon though I can't handle the withdrawals  

Udie

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2000, 06:32:00 AM »
Udie, go CH and you will never regret it.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline SIFTER

• Zinc Member
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2000, 09:03:00 AM »
Yea Buddy,
CH is the way to go! Just won a CH products (non usb) throttle on E-bay, to go with the F-16 Combat stick I've been using. Now these "button mashing fools" won't have the advantage!  It expensive but, they make the whole setup in USB. Once you get used to the light movement it is sweet! Make DIES pay for the beer this month so you can take care of your controller emergency!   BERSERKR

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2000, 10:26:00 AM »
What's broken on your USB X36???  Have you tried www.saitekhelp.com  for any help?  Great place to answer your questions!!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2000, 10:36:00 AM »
Udie

Bestbuy.com has the X36 combo for $60.

At least you can watch every minute of the televised political witch hunt ZZZzzz

hurry back

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2000, 10:50:00 AM »
 Saitek may honor the warranty based on the serial number. If it was manufactured within the warranty period the manuf. date or ser # on the stick should be proof enough.

-Westy

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
1 month w/ no AH
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2000, 10:57:00 AM »
Before I got the Saitek USB (with works awesome BTW) I had the old analog. I'd wear the pots out on it every 6 months til it was unusable. Then I'd just ship it to Saitek in California. They'd look at it in its destroyed condition and simply send me a new one, no cost. If it was fixable, you get it repaired no charge. I went through 3 before getting the USB (although the view hat switch is almost ded from constant use.)

Email the guy in California, found on the support site. They support their sticks, no doubt. If you hear diffrent you aint trying hard enough.