Author Topic: Request an Invitation  (Read 507 times)

Offline trap2000

• Zinc Member
Request an Invitation
« on: November 19, 2007, 12:24:24 PM »
I’ve been flying AH about four months now. I’ve flown as a guest in an FSO and Derr Grosse Schlag. A few of my old squad mates from WB’s are interested in flying in the next FSO. We’re good folks with a fair amount of S3 experience between us. I’d like to request an invitation from one of the FSO squads to let us fly all three frames of the next event with them. Any takers?

Offline WOLF359

• Zinc Member
Request an Invitation
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 05:01:06 PM »
Depends on which side you would prefer and which plane.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Request an Invitation
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 07:14:38 PM »
Originally posted by WOLF359
Depends on which side you would prefer and which plane.
:huh ?

Anyway trap, no one is able to pick their side in FSO. The squads are given a side assignment and the frame CiC decides on the plane. Most of the S3 guys know this already so it shouldn't be a problem.

I can't speak for the small squad I fly with, but the first thing that comes to mind is the number of squadmates you might have coming to the party. No smart CO will up his registration until he see's you and your crew start posting roll call in here. As for the rest of the COs, well they're all pretty smart too.... maybe. :D

The next frame is Nov. 30th if I'm not mistaken, so registration needs to be worked out this (USA) holiday week.

Welcome to FSO
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline trap2000

• Zinc Member
Request an Invitation
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 07:16:02 PM »
Well, my first choice would be Allied in F6F-5's. However, we're willing to fly any plane type and any mission profile. My goal is to give these guys an opportunity to experience an FSO. I'm believe once they fly in this event, they'll be hooked. I realize what’s involved in being responsible for a group of new players and we’d certainly be willing to spend sometime flying with any squad interested in sponsoring us before the event starts.

Edited in: I'll put out the word for a roll call ASAP
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 07:18:39 PM by trap2000 »

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
Request an Invitation
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 07:20:30 PM »
Another option would be to register your squadron and fly together.  You still have plenty of time to do so.  You could sign up in the 4-6 squad commitment level if you can get 3 of your squaddies to fly with you.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Request an Invitation
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 07:29:05 PM »
Trap Stoney has got a good idea. If you can pull at least 4 guys you can register your squad up for FSO. You can put in your side and plane preference along with select how many pilots you can get to attend.If you decide to register your squad you will need to first register your self to the AHevents server (See link below). Once you have registered you can then fallow the links under the FSO section of the website to register your squad. The process if fairly quick and easy.

Here is the link.
http://ahevents.org/fso-related/friday-squad-ops-welcome.html
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Request an Invitation
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 08:12:55 PM »
Trap your welcome to fly with the 347th Fighter Group. As of now I have no idea what side or plane we will be flying.
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Request an Invitation
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 09:09:32 PM »
Welcome trap, I look forward to seeing your crew in FSO.  Lots of good squads out there for you to get some FSO experience, I can say, however, that if you took up 68Falcons offer you would not be disappointed.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
Request an Invitation
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 12:39:02 AM »
Trap,

Good to see you post on the FSO BB. We have talked by e-mail, and if you and your friends want to "try out" FSO before registering a squad for the event, we will find places for you.

You are welcome to look me up, and if we have room (usually 2-3 spots available) in the USMC/71sqn for you, you will be welcome.

My squad CO Tracerx has flown with "the haze" in WB before, and he is eager to see you guys come try FSO.

There are many squads that you can most likely find a spot with in FSO. They are full of good guys who are fun to fly with. I anticipate you getting a warm welcome from whoever you hook up with.

Welcome.

:aok
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 12:41:11 AM by SLED »
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline trap2000

• Zinc Member
Request an Invitation
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 10:14:50 AM »
My friends and I are actually from The Haze and I remember when Tracerx flew with us. Small world isn't it? Thanks for all the responses. Right now I'm working on roll call for everyone interested in flying the FSO. If enough people are interested, we may register as a squad. Otherwise we'll be looking to fly as guests with another group.

Offline 1cajun

• Probation 1/25/2016
  • Zinc Member
Request an Invitation
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 04:37:02 PM »
Thanks for all the responses guys, they are greatly appreciated.

332nd Flying Mongrels

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Request an Invitation
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 06:48:32 PM »
Originally posted by ROC
......I can say, however, that if you took up 68Falcons offer you would not be disappointed.

Why? They still serving a meal and in-flight movie over there? :D

Welcome to FSO Trap! See in the Cartoon skies!

:aok
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.