Author Topic: Disgruntled Customer  (Read 2399 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 04:10:23 PM »
i'll just move the squad to the other arena so we can all fly together.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 04:12:56 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
i'll just move the squad to the other arena so we can all fly together.

That's crazy talk.:rolleyes:
See Rule #4

Offline projoe

• Copper Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 04:16:21 PM »
So if 15 or 20 guys from your squad is in one arena doing missions with other squads and you get kicked out of that arena and can't get back in....your squad mates are gonna stop what they are doing and join you?
Guess i'm not cute enough for that to happen to me.
Projoe 367th Dynamite Gang

Spread my work ethic
Not my wealth!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 04:41:08 PM »
What I find frustrating about the arena caps now is that the arena with the big map that I and many others cried to get back for a long time is always full and the stupid, tired, old, small map arena is always empty.

It seems the players have chosen which they prefer.  Now lift the caps so we can play in the arena of our choosing.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 04:48:50 PM »
I get most of my fighter kills with a bomber that has like a 30 eny. Most nights there are more Rooks then other teams, "I look all the time". I dont know what the reason for that is, if there is one.

I dont have any answers. A squad I used to fly with only chose the M/A with less players that-a-ways in case somthing like this happened you could get back in. Or, guys could join later.

And I wouldnt be so quick to judge harshly the higher eny airplanes.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 04:50:58 PM »
Originally posted by Kazaa
How about giving us the MA back...

Oh snap.

Yep!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline AGM65

• Zinc Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »
What I wonder about is the players over the max number. For instance, you get discoed from one of the MA's. Then you look at the numbers and they read 244/220. How is it that you got discoed and not 24 other players?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 05:03:51 PM »
Originally posted by AGM65
What I wonder about is the players over the max number. For instance, you get discoed from one of the MA's. Then you look at the numbers and they read 244/220. How is it that you got discoed and not 24 other players?

Because discoing isn't caused by HTC and has nothing to do with arena size at all.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »
projoe, here's a snippet from the original discussion on 9-13-2006

Arena format change

Thanks to your patronage Aces High has grown to the point where a single Main Arena is no longer a sufficient solution. It is time for us to move beyond a single main arena. Today during the weekly terrain change, we will be revamping our arena structure with an entirely new model. We’ve looked forward to this point because instead of just simply offering more duplicate arenas, we’ve planned to use this opportunity to diversify our offerings by making different arenas based on different time periods. So instead of having a single arena with all planes available (which naturally emphasizes late war planes), we’ll have 3 different types of Main Arenas- early-war planes, mid-war planes, and late-war planes. This will give us far more diversity.

We hope that through further growth we can add even more diverse offerings such as more time periods and perhaps even time periods outside of WWII such as WWI or the Korean War. This format will also provide more impetus for us to try and comprehensively develop the plane and vehicle set with stuff that would otherwise get swallowed up by the late-war monsters and see little use outside of special events.

Copied from
This Thread

Continued in This Follow Up Thread

Most of the questions people come up with have generally been discussed in depth, and using the search feature just above this thread is a quick way to find the why's and where's of alot of stuff.

HTC added the new servers to accommodate the online population at peak times which have swollen far beyond what a single arena can handle, yet put the caps in place to make sure most don't head to one arena.

I must be one of the lucky ones who simply don't have a problem finding my squad when I feel like flying, and our squad tends to group together, and using the squad channel talk across countries to resolve what we are doing for squad night.

AGM65, that's actually quite simple.  The arena caps change as the other arena populations change.  The cap can lower while the arena is populated, that just means more can't get in, and has no affect on those who are already in.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 05:46:57 PM »
Originally posted by projoe
So if 15 or 20 guys from your squad is in one arena doing missions with other squads and you get kicked out of that arena and can't get back in....your squad mates are gonna stop what they are doing and join you?
Guess i'm not cute enough for that to happen to me.

This exact thing happened the other night.  6-7 of us were flying and one of us disco'd and couldn't get back in.

We finished our sorties and changed arenas.

I'd rather fly w/ my squad, and if that means moving to join one person, we'll do that.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2007, 05:55:31 PM »

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2007, 06:00:24 PM »
Originally posted by projoe
Its 367th squad night on monday's.  I sign in, orange arena is at max 320/320. So I jump in the blue arena.  Check where my squadies are, sure enough everyone is in orange.  After 15-20 min I'm able to get into orange arena.
We have a good squad night goin....then I get discoed.  Oh well happens every now and then.  Sign back up...orange arena has 286 players and max had been dropped to 220. 286/220.... No chance in heck I can get back with my squadies.
I sign in blue arena...play around in there for nearly an hour...where eny is over 20 most of the evening for knit players.  Check back to orange arena...its still 235/220...squad night shot for me because of continuous changes of max players in an arena.  Is there a logical reason why this happens?  Maybe some one can explain this to me?  Or an old thread that has a good explanation?
Very frustrating :furious
ProJoe

Agree with you , very frustraiting,anyway 320 caps in the evening is not bad, but 120 caps in the morning ET,when  are under 200 players combined in all arenas is even worst,
 I didn't cancel my acount yet but i didn't play for 2 months, this caps worked like Nicorette for smokers , killed my adictive appetite for game,
I would pay 200$/month for  old MA settings

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 06:08:58 PM »
I have a spare gruntle I can give you. PM me your addy, I'll ship it to you.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline projoe

• Copper Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2007, 06:09:24 PM »
You must not have read my last line lute. :)
We had 18 guys on last nite for squad nite....I'm not gonna ask 18 people to stop what they are doing, just because I can't get into an arena, are you?  Although, if I asked they prolly would...i've known most of these guys for 10+yrs.
It was just frustrating to be having so much fun with several of your good buds, and because of game restrictions, having to stop.
Guess I'll stop my whine now and deal with it.
Projoe 367th Dynamite Gang

Spread my work ethic
Not my wealth!

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2007, 08:02:02 PM »
I fully understand how the arena caps work but I still think it makes NO SENSE AT ALL..

if one is getting full.. it rases the limit on THE OTHER ONE..

so if orange is getting full like 310/320 and blue is almost empty..  say 30/120..  because ORANGE is getting fuller they will raise the limit on the ALMOST EMPTY blue.. to 30/240.. :huh

its like if you went to the doctor because your arm was infected, and to fix it.. he cuts off you leg..