Author Topic: Disgruntled Customer  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2007, 08:04:47 PM »
Originally posted by Wingnutt
so if orange is getting full like 310/320 and blue is almost empty..  say 30/120..  because ORANGE is getting fuller they will raise the limit on the ALMOST EMPTY blue.. to 30/240.. :huh

Thats not the case.

If Orange has 310/320 and Blue 30/120 - nothing will happen.

Only if Blue gets closer to its limit too, then Orange arena cap will be increased: 310/320, 90/120 -> 310/450, 90/120
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2007, 08:25:48 PM »
I said this a long time ago ..its Broke......its a bad idea....in the simpiest terms..  because it violates the most important rule I ever learned in grad school...."THE KISS PINCIPLE"   ...definition.........     KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!
BTW this is not a negative post ..just a simple perspective...having a firm grasp of the obvious is not a bad thing.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2007, 09:34:45 PM »
Originally posted by ghi

I didn't cancel my acount yet but i didn't play for 2 months, this caps worked like Nicorette for smokers , killed my adictive appetite for game,
I would pay 200$/month for  old MA settings

I've been wondering what became of you Ghi. Arena caps are rarely an issue during morning (est) hours. Hurry back...I miss your mini-horde missions :(

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2007, 10:24:43 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
We all know that only cheaters, traitors & spies change sides, and that all planes with ENY > 10 are crap.

:rofl :lol :D

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2007, 10:26:11 PM »
OK so lets do it this way.....

Orange and blue both have a cap of 450 (MAX cap due to community issues), Orange is maxed out, because all the cool people fly in orange  :rolleyes:
Blue has 50 people in it. ( 500 people flying at night is about normal for a weekday)

Any one of you people who don't like or understand the reason for dynamic caps logs in and goes to fly. You one and only choice for LW is blue, and if your lucky the 3 sides are evenly matched to 17 Rooks, 17 Bishops, and 16 Knights ( because we all know knights are ALWAYS out numbered :D )

At best it will take you only about an hour to find a good fight :rolleyes:

Granted, what we have now isn't perfect, but the alternative is worst. Can ya picture how many would be hanging out in the tower in Orange just so they can hang out with the cool people !!!

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2007, 02:47:24 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
Can ya picture how many would be hanging out in the tower in Orange just so they can hang out with the cool people !!!

We have cool ppl? :confused:

:D

The Few GFC

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2007, 03:06:18 AM »
Originally posted by projoe
You must not have read my last line lute. :)
We had 18 guys on last nite for squad nite....I'm not gonna ask 18 people to stop what they are doing, just because I can't get into an arena, are you?  Although, if I asked they prolly would...i've known most of these guys for 10+yrs.

Oh I read it.  I doubt you will ever find 18 people willing to listen to Wrag singing on squad vox, so the most WM's you will find flying together are 8-9ish.  

The single in the other arena never asked for us to change.  I as the CO offered.  I would rather all of us fly together on a map we don't like than one of us feeling left out.  Actually, one member didn't change and stayed in their arena of choice.

As long as we are flying together, we'll have a blast no matter what arena we are in.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 08:19:34 AM »
I found myself reading through this again, trying to convince myself this is a good change after experiencing it for over a year now. Not convinced.  

http://www.hitechcreations.com/news/arenachg.html
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2007, 02:19:18 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
We all know that only cheaters, traitors & spies change sides, and that all planes with ENY > 10 are crap.

Well said Lusche!  :aok
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2007, 02:26:14 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute

I'd rather fly w/ my squad, and if that means moving to join one person, we'll do that. [/B]

Lute,

I think most good CO's would do that .  I know that my squad changes arenas regularly to accomodate players that can not enter an arena.

<>
Spazz

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 06:16:06 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
I doubt you will ever find 1 person willing to listen to Wrag singing on squad vox,

there ya go, fixed it for ya.  :D   :p   :t

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 07:23:18 PM »
So far this month I have a 4 to 3 K/D ratio against 5 eny ME-262s while flying 30 eny KI-67s. Nobody should ever consider an airplane with a high eny trash unless they've gotten in it and gave it a few days flying.  I shoot down 5 eny planes regular with these forgotten Japanese bombers. Most guys use them just to torp CVs but the reality is they are simply great "raid and shoot" airplanes. They are the best "raiding" level bomber we have in the game.

There are some real gems with higher enys. Some of them are really both under-rated and under-used.

The real key is the stick behind it. Ive had some real trouble with higher eny fighters that have sticks in them that have taken the time out to both learn the plane, hone their skills, and hone their bomber attack skills. Attacking bombers is a different ballgame altogether.

Why not take a higher eny plane, get some air under it, and go hunt bombers?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
arena caps are lame
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2007, 09:05:39 AM »
Arena caps are totally lame

...other day (day time eastern) there was only 207 players total online....yet we were forced to populate 2 arenas ....one of which was a map of over 200+ bases .....this led to me being unable to find anybody to fight .....So I got bored ...and logged off .....why the hell do we need arena caps when only 207 total players online? ....stupid idea

even HTC should admit this
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2007, 09:13:53 AM »
Helm... try the search feature... this has been answered many times.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Disgruntled Customer
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2007, 11:48:18 AM »
To bad arena limits and eny can't work together.

The limit sometimes locks eny in one arena and creates eny in another.

I realize a small squad could move to join the one player who can not get in but it would be a selfish and arrogant request for 1 guy to ask a large squad to drop what their doing and move just for them imo. Large squads that are split between two arenas have a choice but possibly at the cost of creating eny in the one they left or the one their going to.