Author Topic: X52PRO or X52?  (Read 527 times)

Offline GoldenP51

• Zinc Member
X52PRO or X52?
« on: November 24, 2007, 04:48:33 AM »
Duh Duh Duh...I know it has been asked before but the last posts I've seen about it were about 6 months ago so I was hoping some people had updated information.  And Christmas is coming up so which one should I get for myself :P

P.S.

I don't want CH, although I am getting their pedals.

S!

Offline Wayout

• Silver Member
Re: X52PRO or X52?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 11:28:56 AM »
Originally posted by GoldenP51
Duh Duh Duh...I know it has been asked before but the last posts I've seen about it were about 6 months ago so I was hoping some people had updated information.  And Christmas is coming up so which one should I get for myself

I have the X52pro and I'm very happy with it.  I've never used the X52 so I can't offer an opinion on which is better.
  For most people the sky is the limit.  For a pilot the sky is home.

Offline GoldenP51

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: X52PRO or X52?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 11:25:37 PM »
Originally posted by Wayout
I have the X52pro and I'm very happy with it.  I've never used the X52 so I can't offer an opinion on which is better.

well let me ask you this then about the x52...since the main differences are some customization things (and metal).  Do you use the customized lights on the X52PRO much?  and do you use the throttle screen much?  

I have the Cyborg Evo...have had it for a couple years, the plastic on it has never really been an issue for me so it is really whether the customization of the throttle screen and the lights are worth the extra money i believe.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
X52PRO or X52?
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 02:15:34 AM »
I have the pro.
I like my lights at mid level.
I've not yet tried the macro commands in the SST.
I do use the timer on the display to start when the first hangar or town building drops to gauge time to take. I also use the 3 different time zones. One is set to Texas time, one to GMT and one to local.
The X52pro so far has been my longest lasting set bar my old CH gear, which I no longer have as it is in the grasp of the evil deity also known as my ex.
The Saitek pedals should be arriving next week.

I also use the timer for navigation purposes in Xplane
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
X52PRO or X52?
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 03:30:12 AM »
Standard X52 here. I use the timer in scenario events. I have my LEDs turned off. My three clocks are set for DST on, off, and Eastern time. Rudder potentiometer went out a long while ago, otherwise no failures.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
X52PRO or X52?
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 06:43:01 AM »
Pro has Hall sensors? Absolutely pro if you want it to serve you long.

You can be lucky with standard pots too, but if you are not it gets annoying to fix a spiking stick.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
X52PRO or X52?
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 07:44:45 AM »
All X52s have magnetic hall effect sensors, but only on the X & Y axis, the Pro has 2 sensors per axis and a more rigid pivit. The Pro also has multi-colored LEDs whict can be programed to to respond to game conditions, as can the LCD screen. The standard X52 requires more power than most motherboards can suply, the Pro needs even more. Both should use a powered USB hub.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
X52PRO or X52?
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 08:01:21 AM »
I think that was an excellent question. I'm convinced to get the pro. My x52 standard only lasted about 8 months. Cannot get the rudder to center in AH. It's frustrating to spend that kind of money and have it fall to peices on you so fast. I wish MS would have stayed in the business.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
X52PRO or X52?
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 12:48:46 PM »
I've got the X52 plus Saitek rudder peddals.

The stick has lasted about a year now with no problems. I find the only thing I do is add a little petroleum jelly to the metal plate at the base of the stick every now and then - this makes the initial movement a little less jerky and is particulalry useful when trying to get that last aming tweak in GV's.

I don't really use the led display, other than occassionally timing flights to co-ordinate attacks.

The rudder peddals are just OK. My biggest issue with them is the lack of any real feel in the center point - its a little too easy to find yourself applying rudder pressure without meaning to.

If and when this stick gives out, I'll probably replace it with a pro.