Author Topic: Radical Changes on CV 5" Guns Needed  (Read 3324 times)

Offline Triumph

• Copper Member
Is it just me or anyone else member the day...
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 12:30:16 PM »
Is it just me or anyone else member the day when a skilled cv crew could role 5 bases with little damage to our CV? I have not seen that too often since the arena splits.
<<<Triumph>>>

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Radical Changes on CV 5" Guns Needed
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007, 02:15:13 PM »
ATTENTION:  I figured out what they (six players) were doing about 4 hours after my original post when I finally stumbled across the channel they were using.

It turns out it was not a case of INDIVIDUALS who were doing this, but an organized act of in-game sabotage by six (they all seemed to know each other) players.

Not exactly a scientific plan...but here's what they were doing...

Just how easy is it for more experienced players to convince less experienced, (ok...KIDS) to agree to do the following:

A) Defect to the enemy, identify the locations of the enemy CV groups and PM them the exact locations.

B) Get into the 5" guns ASAP (LONG before there is any percieved threat to that CV) and sit there...when the time comes that someone wants to use them to defend the cv...they are blocked from doing so.

C) Make it look like you are firing at attacking planes, but don't shoot down the bombers.  That makes it "look" like you are attempting to defend, when in reality, it's sabbotage.

The CV gets whacked everytime, and the spy crew keeps doing it all day until the 12 hour ban is up, and then goes home.

I wittnessed this go on all day yesterday...complete with range radio traffic between the rogue defectors.

My proposal from the original post would help stop this, and my request for bumpable 5" guns based on rank still stands.

In a nutshell, we may not be able to do anything to keep the high school defector groups from coming over and spying on CV locations...but in a small way, could help US from letting THEM from taking our 5" defense guns hostage.

If you don't mind the enemy pulling A, B, & C on you all day, then you are right and I am wrong.

I'm just trying to help each country to help defend itself from some shady players who do stuff like this.

68ROX
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 02:40:14 PM by 68ROX »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 03:28:14 PM »
Well, who were the infamous 6?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 05:17:50 PM »
I agree the newbies need all the practice they can get, especially when i'm taking off or fighting close to CV and get hit by my own 5inch ack.

Think entire wings of terror squad got shot at by 5 inch, wasn't sure if it was a bish spy or just some dumb kid shooting at friendlies for kicks.

anyhow we already have low ranks running the CV's whats sad is fact some don't know how to use a CV and they can control where it goes.

I won't say names but jerk had to take a CV from me and place it on top of a PT boat spawn, not the brightest idea cletus.

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2007, 07:22:52 PM »
I would LOVE to mention each and every CPID of these guys but I would get flagged by forum rules.  

A couple were zipcode guys but a couple were folks I was dissapointed in.

I WILL say they were rook in LW Orange on Saturday, none had a rank higher than 2000, which is why I still recommend the change.

It seems some folks are talking new folks into being their spy/sabotage stooges.

I think this is totally Bush League gameplay.

68ROX

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007, 07:52:05 PM »
Forward films to htc.  That's an even easier fix.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2007, 08:23:36 PM »
Ghastly....

Nice Idea, but not what they officially call the "C" word.

Shady play and the "C" word play are 2 different issues.

I refused to used the "C" word in the original post because of that.

I do not wish to have the ire of the mods ban my issue over a word.

What I see is a prime example of players using a hole in the system to gain an advantage.

Either have country hopping be a 2 or 4 week rule or have 5" guns on cv be bootable by rank.

Until then...we are all victims of having our CV's held hostage by the gullible high school crowd.  

If you disagree let me know....

I have a great answer for ya.

68ROX

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2007, 08:39:47 PM »
Originally posted by 68ROX
Ghastly....

Nice Idea, but not what they officially call the "C" word.

Shady play and the "C" word play are 2 different issues.

I refused to used the "C" word in the original post because of that.

I do not wish to have the ire of the mods ban my issue over a word.

What I see is a prime example of players using a hole in the system to gain an advantage.

Either have country hopping be a 2 or 4 week rule or have 5" guns on cv be bootable by rank.

Until then...we are all victims of having our CV's held hostage by the gullible high school crowd.  

If you disagree let me know....

I have a great answer for ya.

68ROX

Because players with the best ranking are less likely to use loopholes in the system? :lol

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2007, 08:46:13 PM »
BTW : Ghastly ((<>))

We're talking about Busch League/Slime Ball Game play...not coding "C" word...so odds of HTC responding, much less makeing a difference means they won't do jack....unless we demand it of them as a group who are sick of shady game-play.

I personally believe that the above mentionted play is slime induced.

If you disagree, please let me know....as well as your counrty....
So I can start training/teaching/execution the same slimeball tactics against you, making your CV's worthless....unless HTC will intervene with a way to stop it.

Your call.

I'm more than happy to start a SKUMBAG Operations Group

68ROX

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2007, 08:47:40 PM »
Originally posted by FBplmmr
Because players with the best ranking are less likely to use loopholes in the system? :lol

No....just sucker nubs into doing it for them

Plain & simple.

Some folks just are too lazy to read.

68ROX
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 09:00:58 PM by 68ROX »

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2007, 09:15:20 PM »
Actually, I think that if you have film of the "out-of-school" tactics - I hate to use the "C" word for it, but it comes darn close in my book - then HTC would be likely to address it with the players involved.

I actually rather doubt that the "new" players using these tactics are really new players that are being "suckered" into poor sportsmanlike game play by more experienced players - I find it much more believable that they are probably alias accounts being used for such.

I personally don't have a strong opinion either way whether the guns should be rank-bootable or not - I see both sides of the issue as problematic.  On the other hand, I DO strongly empathize with your frustration.

I also believe that a player that is ON the CV and wants to "drive" should be heavily favored over a player that's no where near it.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2007, 02:47:07 PM »
Originally posted by 68ROX
unless we demand it of them as a group who are sick of shady game-play.

After having met Dale (HiTech) at 2 different cons ... Arrogance and "demanding" anything from him is not going to work out to well for you ... no matter how many people stand behind you ... as a matter of fact, it would probably result in the complete 180 of what you want.

Step back from the keyboard ... take 10 deeeeeep breaths and repeat 10 times ... "This is only a game".
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2007, 04:12:20 PM »
High ranking players I would suspect may be just as likely to be a dweeb as low ranking one.  Like others, how would anyone gain experience.  You are assuming that a number that can be gamed easily is grading a person on skill and oddly, not being a dweeb.  Personally, I'd rather have all those uber sticks flying cover for the CV, than sitting on a 5in.  Honestly, doesn't really matter who is on the 5in anyway.  CV's tend not to last very long, and when they do, it's not because Jesus is sitting on the black ack.  Also, making it longer to change a country solves nothing.  PM everything, splits squads into country's.  The only thing making making it longer to change sides would accomplish would be to make a number imbalance and make people unhappy....like the squads who are generally seen looking to fly with the side with the lowest numbers.

People game the game on every level, from goons to field ack, to cv ack now.  Just another problem from guys who just must win the war at all costs, because it is that important.  It doesn't make it right, but in the process, we shouldn't be asking for changes that could have a large negative effect the other 95% of the people who just enjoy the game.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 04:19:12 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2007, 07:27:04 AM »
Originally posted by pluck
High ranking players I would suspect may be just as likely to be a dweeb as low ranking one.  Like others, how would anyone gain experience.  You are assuming that a number that can be gamed easily is grading a person on skill and oddly, not being a dweeb.  Personally, I'd rather have all those uber sticks flying cover for the CV, than sitting on a 5in.  Honestly, doesn't really matter who is on the 5in anyway.  CV's tend not to last very long, and when they do, it's not because Jesus is sitting on the black ack.  Also, making it longer to change a country solves nothing.  PM everything, splits squads into country's.  The only thing making making it longer to change sides would accomplish would be to make a number imbalance and make people unhappy....like the squads who are generally seen looking to fly with the side with the lowest numbers.

People game the game on every level, from goons to field ack, to cv ack now.  Just another problem from guys who just must win the war at all costs, because it is that important.  It doesn't make it right, but in the process, we shouldn't be asking for changes that could have a large negative effect the other 95% of the people who just enjoy the game.
One good stick in a 5" can defend a CV from attack, more can make it unstopable, I know, I have done it.

Last night I landed 11 kills in one sortie with the 5".  I got bored and gave up command and my 5" and took to the air.  In less than 10 min, the CV was down.  I am not saying I am uber or anything, but all it takes is a few good players and the CV will last, all you have to do is try.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org