Author Topic: Memorial Flight "Tailspin"  (Read 1607 times)

Offline eagleheartone

• Copper Member
Memorial Flight "Tailspin"
« on: November 27, 2007, 09:51:11 PM »
I just wanted to let the community know, that on Sunday 4pm Eastern time, we will be conducting the Memorial. We would like to make it in a settng where everyone is all together.  We will be flying over A5 in the training arena shortly after 4pm.  I would love to see everyone show up in in 2 formations, 1...  line the runway with gv's (tiger), 2... have a show of mossi's behind the V formation and bail behind and over the field as we fly past performing the Missing Mann. (PstlePete- will be flying the  pink Spit, and E2hawkey will be center runway for his niece).  Tailspin wanted  to see more female pilots, and was working to be an example for all to follow.  If we could make this happen, I am sure it would cause a  littel smile to come across her face as she looks down.  Yanksfan.. will be recording the memeorial for his tribute and film to be released later.  I want to thank everyone for the support, and Honor you have shown for this young Lady that has been taken from us at a very young age.  <<>   Tailspin  and "SOAR with the Eagle's"

Eagle
Eaglehrt

CO.  5th SFG "S.O.A.R."

Offline 68Boomer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 11:21:01 PM »
You would think in my line of work...I could get used to something like this happening to an innocent child. It only gets harder everytime I see it or hear of it. My condolences and prayers to Tailspins Family and Freinds. I will endeavor to be there Sunday.

I can say for certain that she is....SOARing with the Angels.

Offline eagleheartone

• Copper Member
21 gun salute
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 07:05:52 AM »
Just a little more information, during the memorial we will have a 21 gun Salute.. with Tigers. (TY Zip)  Everyone is invited to come show their respect to this fallen "Ace of the Skies".  Please feel free to join in the Air Amoda behind the V formation(upon request.. please fly the Mossi, and bail mid field), and please; everyone let there be total Silence as the formation flies over, and the Salute is fired.  All of S.O.A.R. really do appreciate the support of this community, and E2Hawkey sends his regards and appreciation from the family.  This last flight will be filmed ( TY Yanksfan), and as a community we can show them how much more this community is, than just a game someone plays.  We all make friends and form a brotherhood that last a life time.  I really would like to see everyone there, and will hope for the support that I know this community will give for this very young lady that has been taken away from us. The flight will take place just a little after 4pm easter time; on Sunday.  A5 in the training arena, the flight will enter from the SW.  Thank you, and we hope to see all of you there.

<>

Eaglehrt
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 07:09:58 AM by eagleheartone »
Eaglehrt

CO.  5th SFG "S.O.A.R."

Offline 68KO

• Gold Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 09:24:20 AM »
Tailspin wanted to see more female pilots, and was working to be an example for all to follow. If we could make this happen, I am sure it would cause a littel smile to come across her face as she looks down.

As a female and a mom.... I will do my best to be there to honor her!

My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Sue
mrs68KO
~Sue~ Mrs68KO!
My hubby (68KO) founded The 68th Lightning Lancers. :)

Offline E2hawkeye

• Zinc Member
Angel hair&Babys breath
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 01:17:10 PM »
thank you all
 the warmth& kindness shared by everyone in her combat family& and now my family too
   gives me Goose bumps
 the tragic loss has pushed my family over the edge as we were already spread out all over Gods green  now it seems we cant talk with out fighting
 my brother in law ( tails dad) has stunned us all  with callouse statements
as well as uhmm never mind that . point is if it were not  for my squaddies and the AH community i wouldint be able to cope and remain sober wich Randi would want(she had total distain 4 alcohol and its effects on lives)
miss her very much we all do and the world may never know when angels fly away

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 03:26:35 PM »
Hey Tailspins Unlce........"One day at a Time"  Are thoughts And Prayers are will you. Will try and be there Sunday.

Crims        

479TH Raiders FG
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 04:59:31 PM »
Ill definetly be there Tailspn
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline HGpappy.BG

• Zinc Member
      • http://138thAvationRC.webs.com
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 05:25:43 PM »
Will some please PM me and tell me what happen. The news of this saddens me deeply to here about the loss of a friend, I met Tailspin on the Jelly Cross map not long after she started flying AH through Ccup/Brandy my neice. I wish I coulde attend the Memorial (retired AH pilot) but my thoughts and prayers will be there the hole way.

God Bless you Tailspin, Thank you for the great times

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 05:29:50 PM »
Im sorry but I have to work this Sunday.

I'll be sure to say a prayer at that time and I think its great we are honoring her like this. I know I suggested a flyby when I first heard of this tragedy and I AH and everyone involved for doing it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 06:56:16 PM »
Hey HGPappy its great to see you.  Bad about the circumstances though.

to you from SFRedleg:cry :cry
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline HGpappy.BG

• Zinc Member
      • http://138thAvationRC.webs.com
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 08:34:16 AM »
Would the Pilot in charge of the Memorial or E2hawkeye please e-mail me, I have a huge favor to ask, sence Ccup and I are unable to atend the Memorial on Sunday. arc138th@aol.com. I would like to dedacate a song in the Memory of Tailspin that Brandy/Ccup and I recorded for my Father in 97 but don't know who to send it to.

Offline 68ptdapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 10:00:27 AM »
I will be there to do the flight and i will try to get the rest of the squad to be there..

all our lost fighter pilots

also after the flight I suggest we do a wagonwheel around the base in memory of all lost pilots.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 10:03:01 AM by 68ptdapp »

Offline 68ptdapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 04:17:14 PM »
I have posted a challenge on the 68th Lancer's post site here. and i hope as a respect to you and yours, all the 68th show up and make 68KO proud for returning the favor.
Eagle i took the liberty of posting both postings you made in our section of squads..if you dont mind

TAILSPIN
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 04:24:05 PM by 68ptdapp »

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 04:35:27 PM »
Tailspin.

Sorry chaps, I won't be able to make it., but God speed to him.
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 08:50:44 PM »
S!

i am truly sorry to hear this.  we will always remember.

S!
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan