Author Topic: pop up join messages  (Read 349 times)

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
pop up join messages
« on: December 01, 2007, 03:09:02 AM »
anyone else get these all the time?
i didnt think i was that low of a score to attract these new people.
im mainly in a gv and i know they cant join a gv and i have only 3 fighter kills just becase they got in my way so why do i get all these pop ups in the middle of a GV battle and get me kiled:D   gee wiz

sometime here ill fly a few in my lap tho im not a teacher on fighting but i could teach on landing and such,

easy teach on landing is in a C-47  you can land them in the darndest places and the worst of grounds,  i can teach basics on flying  tho fighting is up to another teacher:D   PM  me i guess
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
pop up join messages
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 03:19:26 AM »
Somewhere there is an option to show join messages in the text window not a dirty great pop up screen.
People can join a GV, It's handy to have.
If you want to get in and clear an area in a T34, grab a squaddie, the worst shot drives, the better shot joins and jumps in the turret. The higher speed of the T34 makes it a harder target and with a full time driver it will easily outmanoeuvre other single player GV's.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
pop up join messages
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 03:29:05 AM »
well the last i knew a person couldent join another in a GV tank or whatever,    if a someone wants to join a gv thats fine and dandy with me  didnt know they could tho,  they might find it boring sitting at a map room waiting for a M-3 to show up:D

would be nice to drive while another person could shoot at a target tho.

is that why M-8 can drive circles arould a tank while firing at it?  i know the person cant drive and shoot at the same time
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
pop up join messages
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 03:41:42 AM »
its best to remind these guys to ask 1st ... if there not doing it outta spite .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
pop up join messages
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 03:47:03 AM »
Type .showjoin 0 into your chat box in each arena you don't want join popups. .showjoin 1 will undo it.

With them off, you must type .accept GameID in order to accept a join request, though.

EDIT: Help file on dot commands.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 03:52:42 AM by OOZ662 »
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
pop up join messages
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 03:48:16 AM »
Originally posted by chrish483

is that why M-8 can drive circles arould a tank while firing at it?  i know the person cant drive and shoot at the same time

You can do and shoot at the same time, and with the M-8 it's highly advisable you learn it or you're dead meat.  Use the rudder to steer while in any position other than driver.

And if those "Dude wants to join you" messages annoy you, type ".showjoin 0". That will disable the popups.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
pop up join messages
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 03:57:20 AM »
^what he said.
Yes it is possible to steer while you shoot, just not as effectively as a combined effort.
I think it's worth noting that as far as I know, kills are credited to the pilot (or driver) and not the gunner.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
Fabricati diem, punc

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
pop up join messages
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 04:38:30 AM »
you suckers :D   how do you drive and man the gun at the same time?

i chase you guys around and around with my tank and yor still shooting at me:D   i cant go back and forth that fast unless a second person is in the tank and you cant have 2 people in a tank, not that i like using the M-8 a pea shooter but i know it can down any tank when its running it in circles and shooting it enough times,
i know the turret wont turn fast enough and then drive turning it wont keep up  its a pisser to be dogged by a M-8, pintal  will track an M-8 but not stop it from shooting and kiiling me,  ARRRGGGG hate that but it is funny seeing an m-8 circle a tank and theres nothen he can do to keep up but maby a lucky shot from the main gun.
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
pop up join messages
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 04:48:27 AM »
OK
you seem to not be getting what we are saying.
you suckers  how do you drive and man the gun at the same time?

I'm guessing you don't have a stick with rudder control or pedals then. If you did you could try the directions given to you by Lusche.
and you cant have 2 people in a tank

Yes, you can. Next time you're out in a group of GV's ask someone if you can join them and see.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
Fabricati diem, punc

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
pop up join messages
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 05:56:44 AM »
yes i do have a stick, not that i fully understand your trick yet but i get beamer1 as gunner or wannab and well be a team to be reacken with.

didnt know this if your not on bish side bewere, im finding my new team in tanks,  you guys are in trouble now,  KIllz you dont stand a Chance now:D
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
pop up join messages
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 06:15:13 AM »
squeek........:cool:
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
pop up join messages
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 07:13:05 AM »
Originally posted by ColKLink
squeak........:cool:

:aok

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
pop up join messages
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 11:47:01 AM »
Originally posted by SD67
^what he said.
Yes it is possible to steer while you shoot, just not as effectively as a combined effort.
I think it's worth noting that as far as I know, kills are credited to the pilot (or driver) and not the gunner.

If you are the only guy in the tank, you get the kills regardless. If you have a gunner attached, they get the kills.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
pop up join messages
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 12:53:52 PM »
Always throw a join message out to someone when they are on final approach.