Author Topic: The Art of Base Capture  (Read 808 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
The Art of Base Capture
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 10:18:40 AM »
Originally posted by apcampbell
Ok here's another question to go with this, what is a sure fire way to get all 10 of those troops dropped directly on target from a GB? Specifically, what altitude, and speed is best, and what visual indicator should you use to initiate the drop? (F1, F3, position of the town in respect to position of the bird). I haven't seen any write ups on how to do this.

Landing it is the fastest.

If you GOT to drop this is what I "try" to do.

I go in otd, and chop throttle as I pull up RIGHT over the maproom.  I try to stall it out @ 1k up, and hold it nose up in the stall.  If you time it right, all the troops come out in a cluster, and land close to the same time.

Gota be carefull not to drop too low w/ this move.

I've also seen some do a tight spiral around the map room as they drop.  The key is to get them as close to the maproom as possible, and in as tight a group, and as low as possible.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
The Art of Base Capture
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 11:04:52 AM »
Easiest  thing to capture would be a small section of no-mans-land.

(1)Find an isolated spot away from the bases. Say a grove of trees in some lonely valley. Best if it's not actually within the enemy's radar ring.

(2)Fly there with eggs and kill anything in your capture zone. If you choose your zone wisely nobody will be there. It is not necessary to take out the sheep.

(3) Land close to or in your zone then exit your plane by hitting enter 3 times. Have all pilots join in a circle and declare ownership.

(4)Proudly announce on 200 that you have captured your objective and if you would like, give it a name. You can now frolic about in a celebratory dance.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline trap2000

• Zinc Member
The Art of Base Capture
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 05:36:14 PM »
(5)Ignore kong.

What about ammo, radar and ack factories; can they be captured? Does damaging / destroying these targets have a significant impact on strat?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
The Art of Base Capture
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 05:57:57 PM »
Originally posted by trap2000
What about ammo, radar and ack factories; can they be captured?

They can not be captured directly . They change ownership according to who is controlling their respective zone base. (To find zone base, rightclick on map, select "Zones")
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
The Art of Base Capture
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 05:21:57 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
Easiest  thing to capture would be a small section of no-mans-land.

(1)Find an isolated spot away from the bases. Say a grove of trees in some lonely valley. Best if it's not actually within the enemy's radar ring.

(2)Fly there with eggs and kill anything in your capture zone. If you choose your zone wisely nobody will be there. It is not necessary to take out the sheep.

(3) Land close to or in your zone then exit your plane by hitting enter 3 times. Have all pilots join in a circle and declare ownership.

(4)Proudly announce on 200 that you have captured your objective and if you would like, give it a name. You can now frolic about in a celebratory dance.

LMAO :rofl