Author Topic: Memorable Spawn Campers  (Read 2549 times)

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 12:37:30 PM »
Ok, here's my input on spawn camping, unfortuanately there are a lot of maps where the spawns are so close either to the base or the town that the spawners can just sit there at the spawn or maybe drive a couple hundred feet and start knocking down buildings. Case in point which is a prime example is the Map where A63 spawns into A1, the spawners can fire from the spawn point and take the town fairly fast... thus the need for spawn camping, even worse if one country has A1 and another Country has A2... A2 spawns right at A1's town!

I think that is the most extreme case but there are a lot of cases where the spawners can shoot from there spawn in tanks and take down buildings either on a base or that bases town depending where the spawn is.

To me spawn camping in most cases is needed to prevent base capture simple as that. Just as vulching is to prevent uppers from getting to town where you plan on letting out troops. Granted most vulching is done just for the sake of vulching. Vulching is a offensive tactic where as Spawn camping is a Defensive tactic.
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 01:17:38 PM »
i own all in GVs...im the best GVer to ever play the game....w000000t
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 01:20:26 PM »
Originally posted by BiPoLaR
i own all in GVs...im the best GVer to ever play the game....w000000t
No I aM!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 01:21:58 PM »
ive owned you more that 4935867093476039486480685 times in gvs...haha...w000t along with everyone else that has ever rolled a GV on this game....
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 02:21:27 PM »
From what I can see spawn camping isn't a defensive tactic as much as its a Lifestyle. I mean how else can people consistently get 300 or 400+ kills in GVs to 20 or 30 deaths in 100 or so sorties?

At least with Vulchers you have a fighting chance. What chance do you have popping up in the exact same location in a GV, engines off, with some score potato sitting there shooting everyone unlucky enough to spawn?

Its no more a defensive tactic to help your team then jumping into a bomber a dozen times a month is, climbing to 25,000', and dropping on some lonely strat, with 90 people signed on, while never seeing a dar bar light up.

Originally posted by 68Ripper
Ok, here's my input on spawn camping, unfortuanately there are a lot of maps where the spawns are so close either to the base or the town that the spawners can just sit there at the spawn or maybe drive a couple hundred feet and start knocking down buildings. Case in point which is a prime example is the Map where A63 spawns into A1, the spawners can fire from the spawn point and take the town fairly fast... thus the need for spawn camping, even worse if one country has A1 and another Country has A2... A2 spawns right at A1's town!

I think that is the most extreme case but there are a lot of cases where the spawners can shoot from there spawn in tanks and take down buildings either on a base or that bases town depending where the spawn is.

To me spawn camping in most cases is needed to prevent base capture simple as that. Just as vulching is to prevent uppers from getting to town where you plan on letting out troops. Granted most vulching is done just for the sake of vulching. Vulching is a offensive tactic where as Spawn camping is a Defensive tactic.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 02:38:39 PM »
On any map where there are the normal spawns, and spawns out to Tank Town areas, or as in the case of some of Fester's maps, where you have to drive from base to base, look to see where the most people are in tanks. I don't think it's really about offense or defense, so much as it's about easy kills with minimal effort.

Look at isles as a good example. Before, when the Spawns in the center island were within direct line of sight, you could count on dozens of vehicles out there, spawning in and letting the shells fly. When the terrain was redone, and you could no longer do that, it's popularity dropped immediately. That is telling.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 02:43:44 PM »
Originally posted by Rich46yo
From what I can see spawn camping isn't a defensive tactic as much as its a Lifestyle. I mean how else can people consistently get 300 or 400+ kills in GVs to 20 or 30 deaths in 100 or so sorties?

You don't necessarily need to spawncamp for a 10-1 K/D, but it surely helps ;)

At least with Vulchers you have a fighting chance. What chance do you have popping up in the exact same location in a GV, engines off, with some score potato sitting there shooting everyone unlucky enough to spawn?

The chance is sometimes bigger than you think, and defenitely much bigger than it used to be.
Back in the old days spawncamping was much easier. The terrain was better suited for a camper: generally flatter with small hills that almost all had a little plateau at their top. There you could sit at an higher elevation, but still level (easier to aim that way). Also the "grace period", where the spawning vehicle is not shown yet to the campers has been prolonged. But most important, the spawn point itself has been enlarged, so at many places it's nowadays not longer possible to cover every part, especially with more hedges, little hills & ridges.

If you have to break a spawn, do a coordinated effort. bring along some friends, don't spawn for a few minutes, then all at once. A few buddies dropping bombs at the same time are help too  (And with a bit of luck, you see a spawncamper whining about that "lame pilots bombing GVs" on CH200 :D)

Its no more a defensive tactic to help your team then jumping into a bomber a dozen times a month is, climbing to 25,000', and dropping on some lonely strat, with 90 people signed on, while never seeing a dar bar light up.

That's a improper comparison. It actually IS a defensive tactic. I try to prevent an enemy attack. As pointed out earlier, sometimes it is even mandatory to prevent a nearby town getting rushed.
If my base is under attack, I'll fight my way to the spawn if necessary.

If you don't like me to spawncamp, drop a bomb on me or - don't spawn. Camping without victims is ultimate boredom ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 02:46:13 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2007, 03:16:08 PM »
_____________________________ __________________

Well apparently you don't see to well and sound like one of those "if you don't spend all your time in a fighter then nothing you do is worth mentioning" type people.

Same ol furballers arguement, they put ya down for spawn camping but it's ok for "them" to vulch.  And for your information they don't spawn in the same place everytime.

Grow up!
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2007, 03:22:02 PM »
spawn campers are not that hard to kill in a gv. i am fairly good at breaking the camp with a few spawns. LOL ask GMC31st:D
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 03:42:37 PM »
Originally posted by 68Ripper

Well apparently you don't see to well and sound like one of those "if you don't spend all your time in a fighter then nothing you do is worth mentioning" type people.

Same ol furballers arguement, they put ya down for spawn camping but it's ok for "them" to vulch.  And for your information they don't spawn in the same place everytime.

Grow up!

You won't find bombrich in a fighter, but try to take out one of his bombers....wherw!!
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 03:49:30 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Spawn camping allows people to sit in one spot, do nothing, and get kills easily. It allows small groups of people to sit in one spot, do nothing, and rack up lots of kills. It's sort of like IRC, with artillery pieces.

Look at total kills per tour, Rich. Spawncamping is probably the single most popular activity, because it requires almost no skill- no SA, no complicated maneuvers, no extensive training required, no knowledge required of aircraft capabilities, weapon ranges, fuel states... it's vulching for the hopelessly inept.
Kind of reminds me of you sitting off the end of a runway in a flak trying to rack up kills:D

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »
Like I said, vulching for the hopelessly inept. :D
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 05:01:17 PM »

You know... Rich you really need to experience before you can comment.

You have no change against vulchers unless they are really desparate for a kill and mess up, but with GV spawn campers there is every chance to break it because you do not spawn in the exact same location evey time in a GV (unless you are spawning at the hanger).
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline FBvirgil

• Zinc Member
Re: Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 05:39:18 PM »
Originally posted by MajIssue
This sounds like an oxymoron (squeekers look it up) but it seems there is alot that goes into a "good" spawn camp... As much as I hate upping into a camped spawn, I can't argue with the effectiveness in keeping gvs away from a base or port by camping the spawn point. Dr7 and Lynx stick out in my memory as do Rondar and Wonder. Who is your "King or Queen" of spawn camping?

My question (please ignore wether it is good or bad to camp a spawn because we've all see 'em) is what goes into an effective spawn camp and what is the "best" way to break one up short of a hoard decending on the spawn point?

FESTER  AH1    150+kills 1  camp

B25h breaks camp fast got 12 other day breaking camp.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 05:45:23 PM by FBvirgil »

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2007, 05:54:37 PM »
smart tactic,laser rangefinder  firstshotkillers,sneaky not campers only: LTARs, dr7,baba,TopGunz,GENRLX,Chalenge ,Lynx,Pacerr and few more
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 05:57:44 PM by ghi »