Author Topic: Memorable Spawn Campers  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2007, 10:12:44 PM »
ghi spawncamps in lancs

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2007, 12:16:26 AM »
The best spawn camper I've met to date was Tecnine.
Ostis on a runway, that's a classic! Try doing an M3 full of vehicle supps at each end of a deacked field with a dead VH.
For some reason the sight of an M3 sends them all into an upping frenzy, you'll die most assuredly, but with 50+ odd kills under your belt:rofl
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline eagleheartone

• Copper Member
Strategic planning or Spawn camp
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2007, 04:20:14 AM »
Seems to me that allot of you fighter jocks(lol) have no idea what it takes to complete a full mission on the ground.  If a person was to look at a map and set it in strategic settings, one country would just violate the other two.  Ah is not played in that aspect in the MA, it is all about furballin(which dont bother me). I used LW to gain fighter kills and still do to this day, I dont particularly play stategic in LW, no sense of command and everyone moving from on furball to another. Realistic WWII action in AH, well in LW it more like 4 monkeys F$%^&*kin a football if ya ask me.  Spawn camping.. the only one that complains is the one that keeps coming up over and over again (mind you not in same place everytime).  Its an advantage of a smart thinker, someone looking ahead to see where the enemy will attack next, and too keep red force's out; or delay them from their objective.  Furball(could be called a CAP), but mostly not.  Its your money, have fun, but dont expect LW to be called the best of the best arena, to me it is a large bowl of nuts, with a squirrel in the middle tryin to grab one.  SO, have fun and enjoy....  
<>   I can.. and will spawn camp... and kill  kill  kill    lol
Eagle
Eaglehrt

CO.  5th SFG "S.O.A.R."

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2007, 05:12:58 AM »
how about the ones that camp a spawn or VH alone with the intent to gain score points and not get the base?
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2007, 05:19:08 AM »
Originally posted by chrish483
how about the ones that camp a spawn or VH alone with the intent to gain score points and not get the base?

You can ruin their day by not upping.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2007, 05:46:14 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Spawn camping allows people to sit in one spot, do nothing, and get kills easily. It allows small groups of people to sit in one spot, do nothing, and rack up lots of kills. It's sort of like IRC, with artillery pieces.

Look at total kills per tour, Rich. Spawncamping is probably the single most popular activity, because it requires almost no skill- no SA, no complicated maneuvers, no extensive training required, no knowledge required of aircraft capabilities, weapon ranges, fuel states... it's vulching for the hopelessly inept.

And darn fun too! :aok

Hubs my favorite player
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Best Spawn Camper
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2007, 06:07:45 AM »
There are several great ones...

Dr7 is probably the best, since he is patient.

The most annoying were the ones that flanked the spawn point and shot you from behind.

Personally, I liked to spawn, quickly find a spot behind some cover, and camp away.  I have many months with over 1000 GV kills doing just that.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2007, 07:03:38 AM »
makes me wonder if anyone would still gv if you actualy had to drive to the base or town with no spawn, would make finding gvs to kill a little harder and campers would hate it, youd have to camp in town cause thats were there headed.
if a feild is being vulched or a spawn is caped i dont up. that simple.
when i do gv i dont like going in a straight line right where they expect you to be anyway, why give up easy kill? go the long way around, sure it takes more time but its safer lol.

the ground war in ah, can be fun,
but to me its just a diversion.
and as i dont really care about score or gving much spawn camping is not what id do as a pass time, to tell the truth any kind of score padding bores the p@** out of me. id rather be dying..... and having a blast doing it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 07:06:31 AM by goober69 »
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2007, 09:50:04 AM »
Originally posted by 68Ripper
_____________________________ __________________

Well apparently you don't see to well and sound like one of those "if you don't spend all your time in a fighter then nothing you do is worth mentioning" type people.

At least with Vulchers you have a fighting chance. What chance do you have popping up in the exact same location in a GV, engines off, with some score potato sitting there shooting everyone unlucky enough to spawn?

Same ol furballers arguement, they put ya down for spawn camping but it's ok for "them" to vulch.  And for your information they don't spawn in the same place everytime.

Grow up!

Your post is confusing.... are you fore, or against spawn camping?

For me, spawn camping is gaming the game, any looser can do it, I've even done it a couple times, and if I can do it, any one can. I don't think I've ever "saluted" anyone landing ills in a GV. 99% of the time there camping to get their kills.

I think HTC should set up a "no fire zone" with a 2k radius at all off base spawns. This way you get to spawn in, scan the area and terrain, pick your line of march, and move out.  

All bases should have a local spawn option that will spawn you 2k off the base so you can spawn near the base for defence, and not have to get hammered by some bozo parked inside the hanger.

I think then you would see some great GV battles. A lot more tactics would be used, heck you might even have squads grouped in columns advancing on a base for attack, tanks lining ridges waiting in ambush, M3's and M8's used as scouting vehicles to hunt these tanks.

Ah well, another aspect of the game that will never come about due to dweebery  of the "spawn camp"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2007, 09:51:23 AM »
Originally posted by 68Ripper
Same ol furballers arguement, they put ya down for spawn camping but it's ok for "them" to vulch.

Your confusing furballers with scorepotatos.

Furballers don't want to fight OVER a base ... they want to fight BETWEEN bases.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline panzerr

• Copper Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2007, 10:53:28 AM »
I enjoy camping occasionally, and during those times, when I start getting hit from a GV that's 4K-5K out, I know it can only be one person....DR7.

DR7!!  :aok
Total aggravation since Tour 48...
Panzerr in game.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Strategic planning or Spawn camp
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2007, 10:57:32 AM »
Originally posted by eagleheartone
Seems to me that allot of you fighter jocks(lol) have no idea what it takes to complete a full mission on the ground.  If a person was to look at a map and set it in strategic settings, one country would just violate the other two.  Ah is not played in that aspect in the MA, it is all about furballin(which dont bother me). I used LW to gain fighter kills and still do to this day, I dont particularly play stategic in LW, no sense of command and everyone moving from on furball to another. Realistic WWII action in AH, well in LW it more like 4 monkeys F$%^&*kin a football if ya ask me.  Spawn camping.. the only one that complains is the one that keeps coming up over and over again (mind you not in same place everytime).  Its an advantage of a smart thinker, someone looking ahead to see where the enemy will attack next, and too keep red force's out; or delay them from their objective.  Furball(could be called a CAP), but mostly not.  Its your money, have fun, but dont expect LW to be called the best of the best arena, to me it is a large bowl of nuts, with a squirrel in the middle tryin to grab one.  SO, have fun and enjoy....  
<>   I can.. and will spawn camp... and kill  kill  kill    lol
Eagle
Go potato another Arena and spare us your dimestore lectures about "tactics".  

I have one word when it comes to spawncamping:  FireHawk.   He was banned.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2007, 02:06:25 PM »
FireHawk had tanks that could fly and speed away from a spawn at 300 mph
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2007, 02:08:55 PM »
ive killed eaglefart over and over while he was trying to camp....you may have "tactics" but you lack in skills...w00t have a good day
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2007, 02:19:01 PM »
Originally posted by Solar10
You know... Rich you really need to experience before you can comment.

You have no change against vulchers unless they are really desparate for a kill and mess up, but with GV spawn campers there is every chance to break it because you do not spawn in the exact same location evey time in a GV (unless you are spawning at the hanger).

Naw, I'll comment anyway. Obviously you may not spawn at exactly the same point but when you are killed 4 times in a row by the same score whoring nit-wit you are also ,obviously, not spawning that far apart.

I admit I mistook "vulchers" for "cheery-pickers", so let me re-address that and say vulchers suck too. I just never see them cause I almost never take off or land at front line bases. I'll still say you have more of a chance against vulchers then spawn campers. Ive shot down quite a few vulchers from land guns and anti-air GVs. One mutt was killing airplanes still on the runway and I murdered him from a land gun.

I just hope I never care that much about racking kills, and upping rank, by playing in such a way. Either SC'ing or vulching.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"