Author Topic: film viewer playback is unsable for a lot of us due to very jitter warpy playback  (Read 778 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
its not enjoyable to watch and the motion is very jerky without any sense of fluid motion.

all planes warp and jitter about .2k back and forth. its not fun to watch and quite annoying that what would have been a great film capture is spoiled by this bug.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
i agree
i have some film clips to make in to a movie but cannot use any of them.
Even a clip filmed off line is the same.

its just not useable
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline acfireguy26

• Nickel Member
      • FW
Thought I was the only one this was happening to. Wish this were fixed.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
me too.

only happened since the film viewer was told to be using a higher frame capture %  than before
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline acfireguy26

• Nickel Member
      • FW
I hope this will be addressed soon.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Jus tbumping to the top of the stack in the hopes that someone from HTC will give us a little info on what, if anything, is being done to fix it.

Does anyone know if the older film viewers will work with the current version's films?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Oddly enough, I only get this jumping/stuttering when I have it on fast-forward.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
No one here can reproduce this, so far.

Maybe there is a piece of the puzzle missing.

1)  Is your film folder full?  There is a limit on how many films you can have in a Windows folder before Windows itself starts acting badly when it needs to access a file.

2)  Are you using any custom camera shots?  It is possible to get jerky motion when usingreally long camera shots (distances).

3)  Are the films from thr current release of Aces High II, or an older release?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline acfireguy26

• Nickel Member
      • FW
I will post a film tomarrow to show you what is happening on my end.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
Originally posted by Skuzzy
No one here can reproduce this, so far.

Maybe there is a piece of the puzzle missing.

1)  Is your film folder full?  There is a limit on how many films you can have in a Windows folder before Windows itself starts acting badly when it needs to access a file.

2)  Are you using any custom camera shots?  It is possible to get jerky motion when usingreally long camera shots (distances).

3)  Are the films from thr current release of Aces High II, or an older release?

1) The film folder on my PC has 164 files in it and a total folder size of 954 MB.
I am running Windows XP SP2 on a pretty high end machine.

2) the jitters occur regardless of distance but are very noticeable up close, jumping from 2 to 300K out in sort of a pulsing type of motion, like predictable lag, so to speak.

3) I will test with older films and current version films and revert.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
Just noticed that I have an older Beta version installed on another drive for some reason, the film viewer version that was automatically firing up was 2.07p4 from that build, May 2006.  

Things look better on the actual 2.11 version of the film viewer.

I recommend all people having jitter/warp problems check their version (Help > About) and make sure they've got the latest one linked.  If not, you can right click an AHF file, select "Open With", then click "Browse" and browse to ahfilm.exe in the directory that  your current version resides in.  Also make sure that you tick the "Always use the selected program..." box.

The default installed location for the ahfilm.exe file is C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\ and the correct file datestamp is 9/19/2007 12:30 PM

I suspect that since a certain version of AH, the call in the setup that updates the ahf file association is no longer made, and if you install to a different location, it will use the old ahfilm if not overwritten.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 06:04:31 PM by scottydawg »

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
well i just deleted ah and ahfilm viewer then redownloaded a fresh copy

still got the problem of judders and wraps when the plane is to close to anything.

now i cant make any films so thats another part of my AH enjoyment gone down the crapper.

If things are going to change it ould be niice if it was for the better.

And before anyone says its my pc i  have cleaned AH from both my pcs and reienstalled it and both have the same problem.
 2 different computers 2 different specs both with the same problem.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Did you physically delete the HTC folder before installing a new copy rogerdee?

If you did, could you send me a DXDIAG output?  We have a variety of machines around here and I cannot duplicate this problem at all.

Would you send me a film that demonstrates the problem you are seeing as well?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline acfireguy26

• Nickel Member
      • FW
Skuzzy I sent you two examples of what my films look like. I sent it to support@hitechcreations.com . I Thank you for anything you can do to help.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Time's fun when you're having flies.