Author Topic: D3A Bug.  (Read 384 times)

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
D3A Bug.
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:39:50 PM »
We figured out during KOTH that if you jump into the tail gunner of the D3A and press back space twice it puts you in some sorta no mans land view. Justs a heads up.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
D3A Bug.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 04:08:10 PM »
Couldn't reproduce it here, Husky.  Is your backspace key mapped to something other than the default?

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
D3A Bug.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »
Yea it happend to me during KOTH.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
D3A Bug.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 04:53:17 PM »
Originally posted by -sudz-
Couldn't reproduce it here, Husky.  Is your backspace key mapped to something other than the default?

My backspace is mapped to default. Let me go do some quick test to see if I can reproduce it.

Ok Sudz I was able to reproduce it, Ive got an idea why you couldn't get it to work. In KOTH when ever we fly planes with rear tail gunners we fire off all of our tail ammo before the start of the round. Thats why all of those who flew KOTH saw it and you could not.

Sudz fire out all the tail ammo then hit backspace twice that should work for you and send you into no mans land. If for some odd reason you cant get it to reproduce Ill go ahead shoot you a film. :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 04:59:18 PM by Husky01 »
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
D3A Bug.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 11:02:09 PM »
Another weird thing regarding this, I just did duplicate this in TA, after you do the disappearing thing with backspace 2x, you hit 1 to get to pilot position and I noticed if I fired my guns they were shooting from the rear tail gun.
We may not have noticed that with external view off during KOTH but in TA with it enabled it was clearly showing tracers from rear gun when firing from cockpit after you did the no rear ammo double backspace thing.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
D3A Bug.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 01:35:27 AM »
Originally posted by fuzeman
Another weird thing regarding this, I just did duplicate this in TA, after you do the disappearing thing with backspace 2x, you hit 1 to get to pilot position and I noticed if I fired my guns they were shooting from the rear tail gun.
We may not have noticed that with external view off during KOTH but in TA with it enabled it was clearly showing tracers from rear gun when firing from cockpit after you did the no rear ammo double backspace thing.

This did happen in KOTH. I was fighting against ColSuave and lucine? And Col kept complaining that his tracers were shooting out the rear. I'll have to check the film but I think lute or dogg said it looked normal from CM Eye mode.
-AoM-

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
D3A Bug.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 10:00:24 AM »
I looked at it and in CM eye it did look normal in CM Eye watching ColSuave shooting. tracers to the front. yesterday in TA with external view enabled it looked from my persective that rear gun had tracers coming from it.

Not sure it its possible but I wonder if how you're viewing it makes a difference in its effects.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
D3A Bug.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 10:01:54 AM »
When I was duplicating this bug offline, I could see tracers coming from both front & rear gun at the same time when in external mode.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
D3A Bug.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 07:52:25 AM »
Happens with all single-gunned planes like the Il-and Stuka. Maybe with the huge multi-seaters too.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.