Author Topic: film viewer playback is unsable for a lot of us due to very jitter warpy playback  (Read 783 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
We use FRAPS also, and I cannot get the issue to show up there either.  The footage in the current commercial was captured using FRAPS.

EDIT:  By the way.  We need the actual films (.ahf) showing the problem.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 09:21:31 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
I have the ahf and wmv file posted.

It's in all my Der Grosse Schlag Senario AH films.  4 total all filmed back in October.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
Originally posted by acfireguy26
Skuzzy I sent you two examples of what my films look like. I sent it to support@hitechcreations.com . I Thank you for anything you can do to help.
Both films you sent play as smooth as silk for me using the current released Film Viewer.

The only time I could get a stutter was when you first pull the trigger in the second film.  Please send me a DXDIAG output and also how you have the various options in the "Video Settings" configured for the game.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
I have the ahf and wmv file posted.

It's in all my Der Grosse Schlag Senario AH films.  4 total all filmed back in October.
Your ahf film plays smoothly.  With FRAPS running, it still played smooth, for the most part.  When recording with FRAP, it got choppy.  I also noticed in the recording when it got choppy the frame rate was below 30FPS.

The video is going to be choppy if the frame rate gets below 30FPS as FRAPS has no way to interpolate between frames so it fills frames with the same frame of data until the frame is updated.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline acfireguy26

• Nickel Member
      • FW
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Both films you sent play as smooth as silk for me using the current released Film Viewer.

The only time I could get a stutter was when you first pull the trigger in the second film.  Please send me a DXDIAG output and also how you have the various options in the "Video Settings" configured for the game.

Ok I will send the info you require but it will be tomarrow evening thank you.

P.S. This is odd. The first film for me looks like night(was filmed as day) and is very jittery. The second is just very jittery(warpy).

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
its funny but i tried some older films before the latest game update and the film viewer was changed and it worked perfect,even close formation flying.

It seems to be only the lastest films from the last update of either the game of film viewer are affected for me
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
Any chance I could get one of those films?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
i take it you want the ahf film part and not the fraps film or d you want clips of both so u can see the reslts that i am getting
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
First of all, is the stuttering only happening in FRAPS?  Is the frame rate shown by FRAPS dropping below 30 during the record?  If so, there is nothing we can do about it.

Anytime FRAPS drops below 30, there will be stutters in a film.  It cannot be avoided.

But, yes, I would need the AHF file.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
no these films are stuttering with fraps not even being on ,when  i am just viewing them,i noticed it since the last update of the fim viewer but as i said before it did not do it when i tried a older film from earlier in the year.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk