Author Topic: Why you chose the squad your in  (Read 3937 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Why you chose the squad your in
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 03:25:25 PM »
Morph roofied me.

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 03:27:41 PM »
I joined the TEXAS AIR CAV's because everyone in the squad is funny and fun to be with, and always help you out.

Offline 4XTCH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2007, 06:16:45 PM »
Originally posted by texasmom
If I had only known what I was missing when I was with that first phantom squad, I probably would have looked for the ~Air Raiders~ sooner.   :)

:noid OK Mom... you got us hooked... who was the "phantom" squad?

4XTCH
~364TH C-HAWKS FG~

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »
That is a funny story tho TXMOM   :rofl

Offline 68ptdapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 07:47:24 PM »
I started out flying thje old AW and when i lost my internet connection tehn got it backe 6 mos later i tried to fimd a game out there that was just as fun. I happened to stumble across the site for aces high .. not aces high 2. When i first can=me on i was allocated to bish... and i had fun as all heck flying and getting shot down...more of the second than the first.

I then decided to upgrade from flying with a mouse to using my first joystick...then i got my first kill...was addicted at that point. then i started to go to the different countries and fly a couple of weeks as a bish then rook then eventually i stayed a knight... that was in 1996..around that time i started freelancing with the 68th and became aquainted with a lancer at that time and he challenged me in a duel in the dueling arena.

Well I got shot down and then i asked him for advise on what i was doing wrong ..he spent 2 hours in the dueling arena with me and helped me out alot...that gentleman was 68KO.  little did i know the next time i came on i was invited to join the 68th. Been with the 68th since then..minus aprox 4 years while i drove trucks long haul.. when i came back i was gracelly accepted back into the 68th and learned of the unfortunate death of a friend

the 68th are a group of guys that are the appitamy of brothers by different mothers. I would not feel right leaving the squad and if I do it will be hard to do because I have made alot of good friends here.

68KO
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 07:50:30 PM by 68ptdapp »

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 04:28:18 AM »
The AArch AAngelz:  

Before I had joined the AAs, I was known simply as olds.  I had GVed the daylights out of everything under the sun---with decent results.  When I used to fly it was almost always a suicide mission.  Then one day I was GVing some base and AApache happened to be there.  He asked me to grab troops...I did.  We repeated the process numerous time that day.  Usually I ran the troops  LOL!  AApache talked, I typed, but we chatted anyways.   He ended up asking me if I wanted to wing up with the squad and consider joining despite my lack of any flying ability and fierce reluctance to fly anyways, lack of vox or a joystick.  I used a mouse when I first started and for about 6 months of my time with AAs.  

I discovered after spending a bit a time with the AAs just as olds, that I was treated with respect, shown much tolerance for my basic newb questions and everything and I was accepted as a focused GVer who was fairly unwilling to fly....LOL!   I was freely given knowledge.  I was trained in anything I asked about and given aid in so many battles and other matters.  These qualities are still hallmarks of the AAs.  We are willing to give most people a chance, to teach what we know, to help a squad member when in trouble as best we can with game-reason (meaning we dont expect to people to bail with kills, at high alt, part of a posted mission, or if in a perk ride, but some members will and have done this).  

The AArch AAngelz 187th in my opinions is a well rounded and versitile squad with members that cover the spectrum of game skills.  We have some great pilots, tankers, bombers, and tacticians.  We are very freely organized in that we dont require each other to fly together all the time.  We are all free to do our own thing most of the time.  When we do call for missions, we do our utmost to cater to each members desires in regards to their part of the mission so they can show off their skills and prowess.  Many times I can remember AA missions that flatten an entire enemy base, while at the same time destroying the town and capturing it too. When a majority of the AA squad is online at the same time, trouble for the enemy is sure to come.  We want to have fun, we like destroying stuff, and we are willing to wreck our ranks to do it and we love to talk while were doing it, were a noisy squad!

I am proud to be a member and the XOII of the AArch AAngelz 187th.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 04:33:02 AM by AAolds »
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2007, 06:39:29 AM »
i came to AH when they switched from AHI to AHII. Right away i was and LTAR from day one LTARokit recruited me. at the time it was just me and LTARokit the rest of the squad was still on WWIIOL. LTARokit tried his best to teach me everything he knew.

I would say a few months later most of the LTARs switched back to AHII. and started recruiting. i have meet a ton of people along the way. made a ton of friends as well. LTARs taught me tactics on base taking and defending a base. taught me how to run a squad when i became an officer for the LTARs. not to many could help me with my flying. I use to hate to up a fighter. it was about this time i started to hate the fact that i could not fly. only gvin get old after a while. so i left the LTARs for a while.

flew Knights for a while where i meet up with Lambo BatFinkV and they started to teach me a few things.

Flew Rooks for a while, where for the first time i got to know SHawk for the person he really is. i owe dam near all me E fighting to him. Its where i also meet Storch, where he taught me how to keep the advantage in a dog fight as well as turning my 109s and 190s alot better. this is also the point i joined the HA's for a short time. I owe these gents a big SALUTE for helping me with the rest of my fighter skills. HA's are a great group of guys.

I finaly went back to LTAR being a more rounded player in this game. where they welcomed me back with open arms. i flew with them for about 1 to 1 1/2 more years.

I got to a point that where i knew i was destin to do something more. and i found out what that was. i knew it was not going to be an easy task by far. i left the LTARs for the final time. I started my own squad 173rd Guardian Angels. I was not sure what country to base this squad out of so we did some time with the Bishops then some time with the Rooks and then the Knights. we walked in the first day with the Knights and the amount of people that supported us and welcomed us with open arms was moving. So this is where i thought it would be best to start the squad. It has been an up hill battle since then to build and train new members. we now have 24 Members a couple that are still new but for the vast of them they are well on their way to being our next Vets.

I could not ask for a better squad. we have became a family. I am looking foward to many more years with this new squad.

And yes I still consider the LTARs as my family even tho we kill each other now. i had the honor of meeting LTARhntr and LTARstud not to long ago.

I also want to thank all the other players and squads that i have ran into in my past time with AH its been a blast and i cant wait till xmas to chase down Hitech in his santa sled :) :aok
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2007, 08:36:24 AM »
I recieved and invite by mistake, and they haven't been able to get rid of me!:p :rofl :aok
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2007, 09:03:29 AM »
Originally posted by USRanger
Originally posted by Slash27:

That's enough outta you missy.

A-thora-tie!!!!:D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2007, 09:12:17 AM »
38s and a nice small group of folks.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2007, 09:39:02 AM »
To quote Chris Farley from Wayne's World, "Cause I got no place else to go!!!!"

:cool: :rofl

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2007, 12:16:30 PM »
Why i chose my squad?

"Xargos: Angel Give me your Email

Steve: 9inchesoflove@assrammers.com

kappa&scot: ROFLMAO

platano: lmaoo thats getting sigged"

Cuz of funny watermelon like this

:lol :rofl
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline P47Gra

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2007, 03:36:55 PM »
I flew with precision for a month before they took me in, Their Mistake.  Anyway, Floatsup has been a great leader and has taught me more about bombing than anyone.  Everytime I think I know all there is to know he says "Hey Gra did you know this?'.  Dam no and he gives me a lesson.  He makes it fun and the squad is as looney as I am.  I even got my son Nasty47 in the squad.  He is learning everyday and sometimes learns more than he needs to know (ahhhemmm).  Well anyways PRECISION is the squad of the Knights.  Salute the 68's our brother squad.  Thanks Magnum for upping JUG missions.  50 Jugs slaming the door shut on an airbase.  I wonder what the Bish say when 50 Jugs come in at 400 knots and level their home.  OHHHHH Chit!!!!

JUGMAN

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2007, 03:47:40 PM »
Originally posted by P47Gra
I flew with precision for a month before they took me in, Their Mistake.  Anyway, Floatsup has been a great leader and has taught me more about bombing than anyone.  Everytime I think I know all there is to know he says "Hey Gra did you know this?'.  Dam no and he gives me a lesson.  He makes it fun and the squad is as looney as I am.  I even got my son Nasty47 in the squad.  He is learning everyday and sometimes learns more than he needs to know (ahhhemmm).  Well anyways PRECISION is the squad of the Knights.  Salute the 68's our brother squad.  Thanks Magnum for upping JUG missions.  50 Jugs slaming the door shut on an airbase.  I wonder what the Bish say when 50 Jugs come in at 400 knots and level their home.  OHHHHH Chit!!!!

JUGMAN

lol why you need 50 Jugs when 5 can get the job done
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline VonKost

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2007, 03:54:45 PM »
What other option would a Thunderbolt jocky have?