Author Topic: Why you chose the squad your in  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Why you chose the squad your in
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2007, 03:56:28 PM »
Originally posted by kilz
lol why you need 50 Jugs when 5 can get the job done

Maybe they all forgot to take ord?

Nothing against them, but I couldn't help but imagine 50+ P47s with full ammo 8-gun packages trying to strafe the hangars down! :rofl

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2007, 03:57:47 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Maybe they all forgot to take ord?

Nothing against them, but I couldn't help but imagine 50+ P47s with full ammo 8-gun packages trying to strafe the hangars down! :rofl

LMFAO :rofl
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2007, 03:59:19 PM »
This has been about my eighth month playing this game and I have been bouncing a lot of squads.
I started with my first squad, the 79th Fighter Group and I will always had fun in that squad. After having dificulties, I move on to one of VansCrews sqauds. It too was fun, but no one ever showed up on anyday so I left that squad and found WWhiskeys squad. It had the same problem as VansCrews squad and so I left that squad. I went back to bish and saw a good friend of mine, allied, so I PMed him and asked him if I could get into his squad.
I have been part of the 490th battlin Bulldogs for about three months now and I belive that this is the best squad around.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2007, 04:06:12 PM »
i chose the Hired Guns, because i was RTB and smoking,,,,almost to base, when one of their members asked me to cover him on a bombing run.....which i did as soon as i replaned. at this point, i still knew a LOT les than what i know now.......3lips, hgdan, and lazydog2, all took me under their wing, and taught me a lot about bombing, and gv'ing....and dan helped me a lot with the fighters.......on top of that, we tend to work very well, and closley together.....not as much as a year ago, but we still try. i mainly stay in the air as i scuk in gv's...but i give them cover when they need it.

or, i might've had a few drinks that night.....not sure which:D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2007, 04:15:16 PM »
Birds Of Prey. Because you will never fly with a greater bunch of guys, ever.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2007, 04:15:49 PM »
Originally posted by kilz
lol why you need 50 Jugs when 5 can get the job done

Trying to resist...trying....trying.... must not.....

whew. (Great straight line, BTW)

I went a long time as a lone wolf, and learned a lot about fighting doing it. After months of that, I realized I wanted a chance to develop more friendships than you can outside a squad. I wandered around flying with this group and that, and finally decided that for me the best match was Daddog's group, the 332nd Flying Mongrels. (OK, they were the best matched squad that would TAKE me...but I digress...)

Just a great group of guys, people that are great to hang around with; and people who are flat out there for each other when RL acts ugly.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2007, 04:50:15 PM »
Rolling thunder is first squad i've joined,I didn't feel the need to embarass myself by jumping into a squad as a complete dweeb.Yeah ive not been playing for 2 years yet,but I wanted a few skills under my belt before I became part of a group.
I'd had a surprising number of offers to join squads,but Falcon23's manner and attitude convinced me to join up.I'm glad to say I haven't regretted it.

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2007, 06:15:47 PM »
I must say that flying with groups such as Ace's and 8's is what makes the game fun!We have a substantial number of pilots but winging up with squads like the Ace's and 8's , The L.C.A also an outstanding bunch, The Death Rattler's , The Tomcatter's, The Gruppe Outlaws', The Blackout Boys, Raw Prawns, The C Hawks when we were there for a few tours, The 68 Lightning Lancer's ,and The Freebirds just to name a few opens up an entirely new game dynamic.

Your completing your missions and meeting great people in the process.Alle the squads have such talented members that when we all work together a positive outcome is much more likely. AAolds ,AATalon ,myslef, AApumbaa, AALoki, AADiesel ,AAkupton ,AABeta12 and AAPhase are a few of our tacticians but having other tactically based squads to join and the complete the tasks makes the game a pleasure.

We are all ways trying to learn more and perfect our craft but having guys like A8Tool and The Ace's and 8's , Rondar, HEELER and his crew, A8wolf,A8Cole, A8HaTrik GEEONE, A8hunter, A8balls, A8viper, A81HAND ,DEEMNN, TTIGER, Zulu, DR7, BiPoLaR ,SEBongo ,Gianlupo, OBX and his comical comments to all ways make you laugh,Betty,SheGoTya, Wonder, jdjnr, kilz and The Guardian Angels ,Tristate, CofnCrnr and LovlyDth, LYNX , ColKlink, ANNAKIN ,Latrobe, Louman, Pop04, Mus51,  Chaingun,the LTAR's to all ways give us a great fun filled battle to keep AAPhase ,AADiesel and AAolds busy in those GV's,or DirtDevl his crew soaring through the blue yonder or stodd and MrMeaty to shoot at. The game just wouldn't be the same!

= Salute = and thank you all for adding your different and unique personalites to the game. It makes my monthly investment woth it.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all you pilots ,Gver's and sailor's.May gurdian Angels and Link Angels protect my cousin who is currently on a destroyer of the coast of Afghanistan ,may they also watch over AAHpint who is touring in Afghanistan also right now promoted from Warrent Officer to Interogator. I'm sure these men would love to be home with there families but they are doing what we pretend to do in the game for real life. So I all soldiers,son's and daughters.May they all return home safe...Amen
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 07:19:50 PM by AApache »
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2007, 04:28:43 PM »
Nicely posted apache

:aok   Merry Christmas to everyone in AH.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2007, 04:45:58 PM »
I had seen Ax and Dex working together in one of the LW's one day. They was taking down the whole field.

I asked Dex if there were any openings.
2 days later I was in.
:)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2007, 05:05:54 PM »
cause we own everyone...
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2007, 05:13:41 PM »
Salute AApache's cousin and Salute AAHpint and Salute LTARthug, for being stuck there for the Holidays God Bless and keep your heads down.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2007, 05:19:36 PM »
Well, heres mine:

My first name was "9598"

When I started out about (Give or take a month) 2 years ago, I went solo for about a tour. Then I met up with a great guy named GIGANTO. He was in his early-mid 20's at the time, and he had a squad named "The Artful Dodgers". It had a good 10 other kids in the squad, so I learned to fit in and starting actualy learning the game.

2 names that pop up ALOT when I think of my old squad is: Everett1 and Jp22. Everett was the X.O. and JP was a good guy. Spent a lot of time with both of them. We changed names constantly and we stuck with the "Wings of Death", which later was changed to "13th Wings of Death". I spent about 7 months altogether with this squad. Then I took a break for about a month in July. I came back early August and many things had changed.

GIGANTO had been called to duty for the Navy (I think, Army or Navy) and I have not heard from him since.
A fellow squaddie and very close friend (in-game) had commited suicide.
The squad had since split and it turned into the 303rd bomber group. Serenity was the C.O. I spent about a week with them and I decided it was time to try something different.

I left them and went solo for 3-4 days and I advertised on country "Lookin' for a squad, any openings anywhere?". I got numerous replies from about 4-5 squads. Then I got the PM that changed my AH career.

BelethCH PM'd me asking me to tune channel 164, so I did, and there were almost 10 people on the first time I tuned. BelethCH asked me my age and I replied "11". The C-Hawks don't usually accept people under the age of 18, so odds looked slim. Then out of the blue, F4jCH came out on vox and said "I say we let him stay for a while and let SpiveyCH (C.O. of the whole group) decide. I owe my C-Hawks career to F4, because Bel was about to say I wouldn't be accepted.

So I flew with them for about a week before I got a invite from MotleyCH. He was C.O. of the 383rd at that time. I still think the only reason I got into that squad is because of what F4 said. I started learning all over again and I kept improving on my skill. In January, I decided to change my name to "SubwayCH", and I still use it.

About 4-5 months later, one of the highest moments in my game history happened.
I was strolling through the roster, and I spotted a name that looked very familiar: "Jp23". I recognized it as soon as i went back. I quickly PM'd him telling him who I was, and he was just as happy. I asked him if he had a squad, and he answered "no".

I quickly told him to tune channel 164, and I was lucky Beleth was on at the time. I told him who he was and Bel asked him "you'll surely be getting an invite". This really cheered me up to see someone from my early AH career.

This squad is just a great, well structured squad that is tons of fun. I hope I never leave. Everyman in the 364th is a brother to me.

Now, i'm a great mission maker and good at getting people to work together. I sometimes tune to fly with the 71st, JG11, (+), and 68th. I've volunteered for the next scenario, and I hope I do a good job.

I'm addicted, and I hope to never leave.

Regards,
Subway
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2007, 05:50:11 PM »
Originally posted by SuBWaYCH
Well, heres mine:

My first name was "9598"

When I started out about (Give or take a month) 2 years ago, I went solo for about a tour. Then I met up with a great guy named GIGANTO. He was in his early-mid 20's at the time, and he had a squad named "The Artful Dodgers". It had a good 10 other kids in the squad, so I learned to fit in and starting actualy learning the game.

2 names that pop up ALOT when I think of my old squad is: Everett1 and Jp22. Everett was the X.O. and JP was a good guy. Spent a lot of time with both of them. We changed names constantly and we stuck with the "Wings of Death", which later was changed to "13th Wings of Death". I spent about 7 months altogether with this squad. Then I took a break for about a month in July. I came back early August and many things had changed.

GIGANTO had been called to duty for the Navy (I think, Army or Navy) and I have not heard from him since.
A fellow squaddie and very close friend (in-game) had commited suicide.
The squad had since split and it turned into the 303rd bomber group. Serenity was the C.O. I spent about a week with them and I decided it was time to try something different.

I left them and went solo for 3-4 days and I advertised on country "Lookin' for a squad, any openings anywhere?". I got numerous replies from about 4-5 squads. Then I got the PM that changed my AH career.

BelethCH PM'd me asking me to tune channel 164, so I did, and there were almost 10 people on the first time I tuned. BelethCH asked me my age and I replied "11". The C-Hawks don't usually accept people under the age of 18, so odds looked slim. Then out of the blue, F4jCH came out on vox and said "I say we let him stay for a while and let SpiveyCH (C.O. of the whole group) decide. I owe my C-Hawks career to F4, because Bel was about to say I wouldn't be accepted.

So I flew with them for about a week before I got a invite from MotleyCH. He was C.O. of the 383rd at that time. I still think the only reason I got into that squad is because of what F4 said. I started learning all over again and I kept improving on my skill. In January, I decided to change my name to "SubwayCH", and I still use it.

About 4-5 months later, one of the highest moments in my game history happened.
I was strolling through the roster, and I spotted a name that looked very familiar: "Jp23". I recognized it as soon as i went back. I quickly PM'd him telling him who I was, and he was just as happy. I asked him if he had a squad, and he answered "no".

I quickly told him to tune channel 164, and I was lucky Beleth was on at the time. I told him who he was and Bel asked him "you'll surely be getting an invite". This really cheered me up to see someone from my early AH career.

This squad is just a great, well structured squad that is tons of fun. I hope I never leave. Everyman in the 364th is a brother to me.

Now, i'm a great mission maker and good at getting people to work together. I sometimes tune to fly with the 71st, JG11, (+), and 68th. I've volunteered for the next scenario, and I hope I do a good job.

I'm addicted, and I hope to never leave.

Regards,
Subway

Nice Story!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2007, 06:26:13 PM »
I had been asked 2 previous times to join "The Damned" once in 96 and again in 98 or so ( maybe 97 when AW2 came along ) EDIT: Lugs had asked me 1st back in AW4W then  Egger & Bama  asked me 2 different other times.......then after joining Snowman's Eagles Squadron, our whole squad merged with the Damned in AW in 99, since Snowman was a former Damned....... been here ever since....and seriously regret not joining the 1st time I was asked.......

They have become my 2nd Family.......we treat each other like family, help each other....even have family like squabbles from time to time, which always smooth over....take visits just to see each other , and support each other in times of need....3/4's of the Damned do not fly regularly anymore, but the non regulars do pop in from time to time

we still have rather large followings in different games

Aces High II, Target Ware's Target Korea/Rabual/Midway etc...., wwiionline, Everquest/EverquestII, Ashrons Call, Ultima ( or did ), America's Army, and numerous other online MPG's....I can't remember them all...some games we no longer participate in: Fighter Ace, WarBirds, Combat Fighter,  Jane's different games in the head to head room thingymajigs.....
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 06:29:37 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC