Author Topic: 71st Squadron "C" flight...  (Read 1794 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
71st Squadron "C" flight...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 07:59:33 AM »
Originally posted by Obie303
Hello everyone.  I've just recently dropped out of my former squad because I never flew with any of them.  Not their fault.  My time schedule is pretty erratic and I tend to fly a few days a week.  

So, if you don't mind, I'd like  to drop in on vox 171 some time this week to say hi.  I've flown with a few of the 71 squad in the past and look forward to winging with you again.

Obie

Stop in anytime....would love to fly a few with you again

Thats the one thing about the 71st, its hard to find time to fly alone:)

I popped in a bit at an odd hour for me (noonish AZ time) and we had 8 or 9 guys with funny accents on the channel. I pulled out my trusty "English to english" translation book and chimed right in:D

6am, noon, 6pm, midnight it seems we always have a few guys up somewhere

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 11:40:59 AM »

:D

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 12:43:24 PM »
LOL we're closer to the anti-horde...

The fact that you'd even put 71 squad and horde in the same thought shows you dont no much about us at all.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 01:30:55 PM »
Thanks again Snaphook.  I had a blast the other day.  Look forward to winging again with everyone!:aok

Obie

(Might be a few days though.  We're getting slammed with back to back snow storms.  I can already hear work calling me for emergency coverage.)
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 02:00:11 PM »
Stay safe Obie, its looking nasty out there!  

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 07:12:52 PM »
Originally posted by Obie303
Thanks again Snaphook.  I had a blast the other day.  Look forward to winging again with everyone!:aok

Obie

(Might be a few days though.  We're getting slammed with back to back snow storms.  I can already hear work calling me for emergency coverage.)

Obie...we enjoyed having you. Look forward to seeing you again and as was said....stay safe out there working.:aok
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 10:57:22 AM »
In the end what your "enemy" thinks about you is a good indication of how you conduct yourself. Our CO got this via PM after some hotly contested action last night...

Yo RT!!!
I just wanted to commend you and your guys for the good sportsmanship they display.Its a very refreshing change from the "hate" thing you can usualy get in thereIts nice to have a "enemy" squad I can respect in ability and character.Keep up the good work!Send the fellaz my love hehheheh

This is what we as a group strive for. While we are competative and aggresive we try to be level headed, fair and honorable. To us its not just about "winning" its about winning (or losing) with honor.

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 11:45:33 PM »
Thanks Red & Fugitive!  Snow storm number 2 on its way.  If I'm lucky, I'll try and log a few hours Sunday morning before the wife ack starts.

This is what we as a group strive for. While we are competative and aggresive we try to be level headed, fair and honorable. To us its not just about "winning" its about winning (or losing) with honor.

This is the main reason why I enjoy flying with the chaps from the 71st.  All of you are a class act and bring a level of play to AH2 that is unsurpassed!

Obie:aok
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline FalseHope

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 10:11:06 PM »
Hey guys, have a few quick questions... after reading the posts up above you seem to be close to what me and a friend of mine would 'need'.  And i say 'need' only in that i use to play AH2 about a year or so ago.. then got out of it.  Well im wanting to come back to it.  A friend of mine and me both use to play Fighter Ace Alot, and were both realy good in it.  I stoped playing FA when i found AH... i liked the idea of being able to be on the ground as well as in the air.  So that if you got tired of dodging bullets up in the skies you could test your skills on the ground.

Well to make a long story short, Im wanting to come back to AH.. and im doing my best to drag my friend back into it with me.  But i know AH can be complicated at times... so. Have two quick questions =)

First is do you guys require that the 'names' of the squad members have any special letters or numbers in them?  And second is.  Do you guys have people that know enough about the settings and controles (like the chat radio... ive never been able to figure out how to work the channles) that can teach us how to get up in the air again and actualy 'function' while doing it =)

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 11:38:58 PM »
Originally posted by FalseHope
Hey guys, have a few quick questions... after reading the posts up above you seem to be close to what me and a friend of mine would 'need'.  And i say 'need' only in that i use to play AH2 about a year or so ago.. then got out of it.  Well im wanting to come back to it.  A friend of mine and me both use to play Fighter Ace Alot, and were both realy good in it.  I stoped playing FA when i found AH... i liked the idea of being able to be on the ground as well as in the air.  So that if you got tired of dodging bullets up in the skies you could test your skills on the ground.

Well to make a long story short, Im wanting to come back to AH.. and im doing my best to drag my friend back into it with me.  But i know AH can be complicated at times... so. Have two quick questions =)

First is do you guys require that the 'names' of the squad members have any special letters or numbers in them?  And second is.  Do you guys have people that know enough about the settings and controles (like the chat radio... ive never been able to figure out how to work the channles) that can teach us how to get up in the air again and actualy 'function' while doing it =)

they have more then enough people that can teach you that. however this is a fairly old post dont know if they have any openings anymore. if they do and they let you in feel lucky cause in my book the 71st is one of a kind. theres not many of us that like the classic fights anymore and the 71st still like to have them.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline FalseHope

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 07:28:29 AM »
never know till ya try hehe =) i'll get up with them, or try to, once i get my joystick in the mail =)

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 01:58:31 PM »
plenty of space left kilz, that's the point in this third wing ;)

false, we don't have any requirements namewise, you don't need to add any letters or numbers or anything :)

and yes, pretty much everyone in the squad knows exactly how the game works controls wise, we can easily have your radio up and running quickly and help you configure that stick of yours if you need ;)

knights vox channel 171 (type 171 in the radio channel selection box for the box labelled v)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 06:52:27 PM »
We're not focused on quantity but we seem to keep on growing. As Biggles said we dont have any naming or skill specifics and we have plenty of guys who can help on both the basics as well as more advanced aspects of the game.

What we do "require" is simply that you spend a bit of time with us...might be a few days or a few weeks but once your comfortable with "us" and we've had a chance to get to know you then all you need to do is ask biggles or I for an invite. Biggles and Doom came over with me and we've added 4 more guys so far with another 2 or 3 that are in the tag along process. As always we have 20-30 other knights who know they are always welcome on 171 if their own squad isnt on at the time or will tag along when they see us running sweeps.

I'd guess it'll take a year to fill this wing up but I'm sure when we need to we'll consider another addition to the O club.

Offline FalseHope

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 06:56:39 PM »
hehe 'k  well got AH installed again.. and my joystick 'should' get here by the end of the week... i hope... or atleast the beginning of next week.

Ended up nameing my 'tag' in game as FoxHeart.

Offline Twolf2

• Zinc Member
Congrats!!!
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2007, 01:29:42 AM »
Congrats on the third wing. You won't find a better bunch of guys to fly with and Snaphook will be an awesome CO.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 02:26:46 AM by Twolf2 »