Author Topic: X52 Help Please  (Read 479 times)

Offline VonKost

• Copper Member
X52 Help Please
« on: December 10, 2007, 07:25:47 PM »
Seems that my Z axis (rudder twist) keeps pushing to the left. I can find any way to calibrate it and it's really annoying. Is my stick going bad or do I need to do something else?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 07:40:47 PM by VonKost »

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
X52 Help Please
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 08:04:52 PM »
when you calibrate in game do you move ALL axes? that is,  twist the rudder as well as move your stick through it's axes, move your throttle and rotational pots on your throttle and the slider?
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline VonKost

• Copper Member
X52 Help Please
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:20:51 PM »
yup, tried it twice. I'm beginning to wonder if somthing is outta whack.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
X52 Help Please
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 08:59:02 PM »
What other USB devices are you running and are you running it through a powered hub yet. A powered USB hub could solve your problems, it did for me.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
X52 Help Please
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 01:09:17 PM »
What USB hub did you get? I've tried everything I can think of on my x52 pro and nothing makes it work right. Updated bios, deleted and restored usb ports, latest drivers and nothing makes that stick work. I even have a powered hub that was intended for a laptop.

I've gone back to my ms ff. Which works okay. It just doesn't have all the features of the x52.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
X52 Help Please
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 01:14:49 PM »
Do you have your trim setting mapped to the dials on the throttle?  
If you do, and you have combat trim turned off, if the rudder dial is off center, that will cause this problem..
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
X52 Help Please
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 01:54:36 PM »
Do you have your trim setting mapped to the dials on the throttle?

I make sure that all rotories have a dead band in the middle from 40% to 60%, this keeps me from having to be so precise on centering them up.  Might try this & calibration of the affected controls in AH:aok :noid
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
Similar problem
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 02:00:29 PM »
I have a similar problem. Only affects certain aircraft though. Particularly bombers, multiengine planes. And P40N for some reason. I may have solved it or got myself into a new set of problems. Bought a Ch Setup. Hopefully that will hold a cal.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
X52 Help Please
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 08:16:14 PM »
SCCA,

I think you were spot on. I set some deadband on all axis and the dials. It's been flying extraordinarily well. Been fun. My KD is going up an itty bit. Still though, I feel I now have a chance.

Thank you,

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
Rudder ?
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 02:56:04 PM »
Use the Dial next to your thumb on the throttle controller. Much better than the twisty stick. If you Fly R/C planes its a natural transition. Dont knock it till you try it.

Kamori

Offline golfr

• Zinc Member
Re: Similar problem
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 10:08:04 AM »
Originally posted by alskahawk
I have a similar problem. Only affects certain aircraft though. Particularly bombers, multiengine planes. And P40N for some reason. I may have solved it or got myself into a new set of problems. Bought a Ch Setup. Hopefully that will hold a cal.

That's probably the best solution, CH makes great stuff. I've had my Combat Stick and Pro Throttle for MANY trouble free years.

I have original Thrustmaster rudder pedals, the strong metal ones. The only CH product I'm not real fond of are the rudder pedals, they're kind of flimsy and the pedals are too close together.