Author Topic: Good news in Iraq is rarely reported in the U.S. media  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Good news in Iraq is rarely reported in the U.S. media
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2007, 12:53:45 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
No punishment due to no councils .... no advisories .... to investigate, sentence or enact punishment sounds like a pretty weak excuse. What's with your Rambo fetish/fixation? No matter how much you wanna project that rather bizarre affliction on me I, well, really don't get it, nor do I particularly desire to. Don't tell me it's another "Russian inside joke."  ;)

Well you either pretend to be stupid or just completely misunderstand me.

Soviet system = a system administrated by People's Councils. Every other country had different system of government, I don;t know what Afghanis had - but it wasn't a system of Soviets/Councils.

In USSR we had same 3 branches: Legislative (in fact more then legislative, hard to explain): Councils/Soviets, from village level to Supreme Council that was a Parliament of two houses, Council of the Union and Council of Nationalities. Then - Executive, from local Executive Committees to council of Ministers/People's Commissars. Then - Judicial, from local People's Courts to Supreme Court. Plus we had a Party structure that was parallel to legislative and executive branches. Plus we had Press/Media that _had_ to react to any correspondence and initialize investigation, involving all 3 branches plus Party.

That's too simple, but maybe will give you an idea.

There was no system of Councils in Afghanistan, they had something else, I don;t know exactly what. There was no Soviet administration there, Soviet 40th Army was solving current military and humanitarian (sic!) problems, and did it quite successfully.

Afghanistan didn't have "Soviet system", it had a different form of government. You see - I try to repeat everything at least twice and s l o w l y.

Yeah. Ummmmm ..... makes perfect bizarrosense. *ShruG*

Hard to discuss anything with you if you don't understand it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2007, 01:01:56 AM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Well you either pretend to be stupid or just completely misunderstand me.

Soviet system = blah blah blah = we couldn't punish our soldiers in Afghanistan because we didn't have a system that allowed for such.

That's too simple, but maybe will give you an idea.

There was no system of Councils in Afghanistan, they had something else, I don;t know exactly what. There was no Soviet administration there, Soviet 40th Army was solving current military and humanitarian (sic!) problems, and did it quite successfully.

Afghanistan didn't have "Soviet system", it had a different form of government. You see - I try to repeat everything at least twice and s l o w l y.

And still can't make a decent point doing so. No punishment of soldiers doing something illegal because they're not in the Soviet Union and .... the system your government used couldn't figure out an effective way to make them obey the law, much less punish them for breaking it ... still doesn't make your case for "superior totalitarian morality." It actually makes the picture more and more pitiful.

Now I know your pride is gonna make you lash out because of that but, Boroda, that's your problem, not mine. The first step toward enlightenment is recognition in your lack of such. Take that first small step. Let the power of Jesus heal your blindness.

(Slaps Boroda's forehead)

HE-YUL!

Hard to discuss anything with you if you don't understand it.

Hard for you to make a point unless there's a decent point there to make. Don't blame me for it not being there. :D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 01:03:58 AM by Arlo »

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2007, 01:11:32 AM »
Now I am quite sure that you don't pretend to be an idiot.

Can anyone here explain this character what I meant? I failed completely. He's trying to explain his sick concepts with my posts that don't have anything to do with that. This village fool called me a "rube" instead.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2007, 01:15:06 AM »
Feelin' a bit skint, are we? Heh.

Here. You try to explain it real slowly for me again.

The Soviet soldiers in Afghanistan were exempt from criminal prosecution because ... why? :D

With respect

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2007, 01:16:53 AM »
Feelin' a bit skint, are we? Heh.

Here. You try to explain it real slowly for me again.

The Soviet soldiers in Afghanistan were exempt from criminal prosecution because ... why? :D

With respect

What makes you think they were not prosecuted for crimes committed?

Are you really such a fool as you try to look?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2007, 01:21:20 AM »
What makes you think they were not prosecuted for crimes committed?

Are you really such a fool as you try to look?

Well I don't know. How foolish of me is it to not notice the punishment you think you illustrated while you were slowly explaining to me why the system of Soviet military law broke down outside the curtain? Besides, I thought your feelin's were so horribly wounded that you had to drop the matter and rush to the infirmary. I'm glad you're not as hurt as you previously thought. We're still good for pie in the other thread, right? :D

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2007, 01:26:15 AM »
Well I don't know. How foolish of me is it to not notice the punishment you think you illustrated while you were slowly explaining to me why the system of Soviet military law broke down outside the curtain? Besides, I thought your feelin's were so horribly wounded that you had to drop the matter and rush to the infirmary. I'm glad you're not as hurt as you previously thought. We're still good for pie in the other thread, right? :D

Keep chewing and wait for Christmas time when your breed gets acquainted with a 40cm Austrian bayonet.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2007, 01:27:28 AM »
Keep chewing and wait for Christmas time when your breed gets acquainted with a 40cm Austrian bayonet.

Could you please repeat that s l o w l y til it makes sense? I mean, it worked so well last time and all. :D

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2007, 01:30:53 AM »
Could you please repeat that s l o w l y til it makes sense? I mean, it worked so well last time and all. :D

Austrian knife-bayonets from WWI are still kept in Eastern-Slavic villages - they are long enough to reach a heart through a thick layer of fat. We don't torture our pork.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2007, 01:33:20 AM »
Austrian knife-bayonets from WWI are still kept in Eastern-Slavic villages - they are long enough to reach a heart through a thick layer of fat. We don't torture our pork.

And that made your previous statement make perfect sense, how? Wait, it's some sort of "threat" I'm supposed to take seriously? I get it! See? I'm not all that slow. I'm feelin' really threatened by you now and am not at all inclined to make fun of you until you blow a gasket again .... sister. :D

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2007, 01:35:17 AM »
I suppose working as a dummy for surgery students lobotomy practice gets payed quite well?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2007, 01:38:25 AM »
I suppose working as a dummy for surgery students lobotomy practice gets payed quite well?

If you're considering it, why not just apply and ask? Listen sister, you better show me, the other white meat, a little more respect or come Christmas time I may hafta hide your Freddy Kruger implements of holiday spirit from ya and you'll be at a loss as how  to eat me. ;)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2007, 01:46:37 AM »
If you're considering it, why not just apply and ask? Listen sister, you better show me, the other white meat, a little more respect or come Christmas time I may hafta hide your Freddy Kruger implements of holiday spirit from ya and you'll be at a loss as how  to eat me. ;)

I ask a person who obviously has some experience.

And again, s l o w l y:  w e  k e e p   y o u r   b r o t h e r s   a n d   s i s t e r s   i n a   s t y.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2007, 01:56:55 AM »
And now go report on me, you, enlightened Democratic intellectual, the White Bone of the planet, for calling you names.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2007, 01:59:58 AM »
You don't have to live in fear about that, with me (though I know that's your first instinct). I'll just make fun of you til you think you win. ;) :aok