Author Topic: Turkey attacks Iraq again...  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Turkey attacks Iraq again...
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 03:17:50 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Re: Turkey attacks Iraq again...
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 03:51:34 PM »
Originally posted by Viking
Today 50 Turkish aircraft attacked Kurd villages in Northern Iraq killing people. This is not the first time Turkey attacks Iraq; since you are occupying Iraq and thus responsible for security and safety in Iraq how do Americans feel about this?

"Kurd villages" in lieu of "PKK terrorist enclaves"?

Nice.

Since the PKK is almost universally listed as a terrorist organisation and is looking to unite various parts of Turkey, Iran, Iraq, and Syria into a new ethnic "Marxist-Leninist" state using violence against civilian and military targets I'd like to see the U.S. back Turkey even further.

That's how I feel about it.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Re: Turkey attacks Iraq again...
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 03:58:16 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
"Kurd villages" in lieu of "PKK terrorist enclaves"?

Nice.

"Iraqi officials say bombs hit 10 villages, killing one woman, while the PKK reported seven deaths."

That's what the news say.

Since the PKK is almost universally listed as a terrorist organisation and is looking to unite various parts of Turkey, Iran, Iraq, and Syria into a new ethnic "Marxist-Leninist" state using violence against civilian and military targets I'd like to see the U.S. back Turkey even further.

That's how I feel about it.

The US is actually not backing the Turks on this.

"But Iraq and the US have urged Turkey not to carry out its threat."

I agree that the PKK are terrorists, but I was more interested in how you people feel about Turkey invading US controlled airspace and killing people without permission. But if you're actually ok with that then I expect we will see a lot more of it in the future.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 04:03:33 PM »
So you are saying you're ok with the PKK doing the same thing within the borders of Turkey?  

Ankara toughened its line against the PKK after a spate of rebel attacks inside Turkey that prompted widespread calls for action.

In October, Turkey's parliament voted to allow the military to launch operations into Iraq to combat the PKK, which had stepped up attacks in Turkey.

Taken from the link you posted.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 04:24:26 PM »
I like Turkey cause they make yummy döners. In fact I think we need more Turks here in portland so I can buy yummy döners and not eat mickyds crap.

If Saddam and the Turks and most anyone else dont like Kurds much there must be a good reason, Maybe they smell bad. Or perhaps are inconsiderate and block the drive thru lane for 5 minutes because they are stupid? I dont like kurds very much either.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 04:36:34 PM »
Isn't Turkey also in NATO?
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 04:53:51 PM »
So you are saying you're ok with the PKK doing the same thing within the borders of Turkey?  

What? :huh

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 04:55:12 PM »
Yes it's horrible how the rest of the world are hampering your military efforts to bring reason to the world. I sympathize.

If it weren't for the fact that some brave Norwegians  (you obviously excluded) were out fighting Islamic fascists, I might mention the lack of Norwegian military efforts in the past.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 05:00:12 PM »
Originally posted by Angus
Isn't Turkey also in NATO?
Yes.  

Then again, Turkey would not allow the US to use Turkish bases or to send troops through Turkey in the initial invasion of Iraq.  It wouldn't surprise me if the US has been pursuing the northern terrorists, shall we say, "less vigorously" than they could as a consequence.  Kind of a "you didn't help us, why should we go out of our way to help you" situation.

That being said, I doubt the US would go out of their way to stop the Turks, either.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 06:21:55 PM »
Can someone name a good forum where we might be able to import some decent trolls from?
G and Beetle have went over the hill and are useless entertainmentwise.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 06:26:07 PM »
Why, seems like you and Dago are doing fine trolling my thread.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Turkey attacks Iraq again...
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 07:52:59 PM »
Today 50 Turkish aircraft attacked Kurd villages in Northern Iraq killing people. This is not the first time Turkey attacks Iraq; since you are occupying Iraq and thus responsible for security and safety in Iraq how do Americans feel about this?

Good for Turkey.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
Why would I have a problem with Turkey attacking a terrorist group?  Explain to me the "downside" of this action.

Are you trying to suggest that the U.S. should be "outraged" that Turkey was "in our airspace"?

What makes you think we didn't let them?  Who's to say we didn't have a hand in the planning of this operation?  (at least w/ some intelligence support)

No, I have no problem with terrorists being killed.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 08:19:25 PM »
Why, seems like you and Dago are doing fine trolling my thread.
Er, that's feeding a troll.  Trolling a thread is the first post. :huh

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 08:46:01 PM »
This just in.....

Norways response to the Turkish onslaught of innocent Kurdish civilians...

*the sound of crikets chirping*

Please take you and yer dumb arse troll back under the bridge.

Mac