Author Topic: Titanic Tuesday and Radar again  (Read 332 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Titanic Tuesday and Radar again
« on: December 18, 2007, 07:44:42 PM »
This night there were several issues with radar again. Not as annoying as before (no dots beyond radar range for example) but confusing neverthenless. Two examples:

A222 had a full darbar without a corrsponding number of enemy cons in that sector. At first I thought some enemy mission south of it, but Darbar stayed there for literally hours and no friendly con going there could spot any enemies. No enemies over A22 base itself, radar at 222 was up.

This was an enemy high alt bombing mission. They went 16-7, 16-6, 17-6. Despite being at altitudes above 25k the accompanying Darbar was ever changing in size (and not popping up in neighbouring sector either). Sometimes it was as small as it can be seen on this picture, sometimes a full sector bar. When well  inside A99 radar circle, also some of the buff's dots dis- & reappeared as if flying under radar alt. (They did later bomb a radar factory from very high alt).

EDIT Just after I wrote this lines, I saw a few green radar dots popping on & off deep in enemy territory at very unlikely paces again. Like this one:

Several sectors behind the frontline, this green dot was going on & off several times (A big Knight mission was presumably taking off there)

---

Note the dots well outside any radar circle. And the dots in V49 dar circle were actually reported to be outside dar circle, going between V49 & V58 to A50 (was a Pony raid on that airfield)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 08:27:11 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 08:15:41 PM »
Yes very glitchy i noticed it to i was just in there with you =]

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 07:23:39 AM »
I will also add there are many issues with squaddies showing up in places they are not.  

I like the challenge, but it stinks when things are working like they should.

Perhaps the call for one arena isn't the "wonderful" thing that some will make it out to be..
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 01:33:48 PM »
Originally posted by Scca
I will also add there are many issues with squaddies showing up in places they are not.  

I like the challenge, but it stinks when things are working like they should.

Perhaps the call for one arena isn't the "wonderful" thing that some will make it out to be..

last night when A222 again had its perma-bar  I was over A70 and my squaddies couldent see my dot, except when i keyed my mic, and when it did pop up i was a full sector away from where I really was..

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 01:47:34 PM »
Last night I saw some enemy dots on the map well outside of any radar rings.  They were definately moving but came in and out.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.