Author Topic: Skuzzy  (Read 3182 times)

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Tank Site Issue
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 06:55:01 AM »
Kilz, after reading this thread for the 1000th time, I noticed a minor difference between the way you're running GVs and the way I am. I use the same mode for planes and GVs. I know there was a reason I do this, but I honestly can't remember what it was.

Try un-checking "Auto select mode at start of flight" in your controller setup and use Mode 1 for both GVs and Planes. See if that changes anything.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Tank Site Issue
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2008, 03:46:09 PM »
Originally posted by NHawk
Kilz, after reading this thread for the 1000th time, I noticed a minor difference between the way you're running GVs and the way I am. I use the same mode for planes and GVs. I know there was a reason I do this, but I honestly can't remember what it was.

Try un-checking "Auto select mode at start of flight" in your controller setup and use Mode 1 for both GVs and Planes. See if that changes anything.

cc bro will give that a try
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Tank Site Issue
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008, 03:53:52 PM »
come to find out the auto was not selected. so i selected it and still nothing.

so i played with it for a second. took and fired a shot at 800 and then in normal view i took and held my down arrow to make the site normal and i had to range that 800 mark shot at 24 marker. dont know if this info is helpful or not.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kozhedub

• Zinc Member
Tank Site Issue
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2008, 12:18:57 PM »
Well hell, now I understand why people are murdering me from ranges where I couldn't see anything, and why peoeple where telling me that the Ammo type was shown on the gunsight....I thought they could read that tiny arsed text

Offline Reapr

• Zinc Member
Tank Site Issue
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 06:16:43 PM »
I am also having problems with the Tiger, T-34, and Sherman. My sites in the Sherman dont go into the black part out of the bore site but when I use my arrow key to range, it only ranges about 800. The Tiger with AP I can see all the way up to the 2400 mark the rest of the sites fall under the bore site. The Tiger with HE I can only range 2000. I can no longer use T-34 due to this problem. I have trouble ranging 2000 with AP, if I am lucky. This does happen to alot more then just Kilz fellas it is a major problem and is not the computers that is the issue. This took place the first day of the patch , the most noticed was the Panzer HE would be all the way to right of the bore site, they fixed that but nothing else. I have not posted sooner because I thought it would be fixed with next patch but it is not sounding like that going to happen.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Tank Site Issue
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2008, 08:32:09 AM »
Originally posted by kozhedub
Well hell, now I understand why people are murdering me from ranges where I couldn't see anything, and why peoeple where telling me that the Ammo type was shown on the gunsight....I thought they could read that tiny arsed text

lol glad too help:aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
Tank Site Issue
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2008, 11:12:01 PM »
i just spotted this the other night,  seems its just in the T-34 tho.
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Tank Site Issue
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2008, 10:52:59 AM »
The tank site is only meant to be used from the default head position.  Your screenshots appear to have the head position moved forward from the default position.  

If you're trying to use the arrow keys to align your shots in the tank, that won't work.

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
Tank Site Issue
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2008, 01:49:09 PM »
:huh

when im in a tank and i jump to the bore site,  hit the down arrow key to bring the range marks all the way in,  then hit the Z key and then use the bracket keys to zoom in or out or to change the field of view.
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Tank Site Issue
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 03:52:46 PM »
Using the zoom is fine.  If you use the down arrow to change your head position, you'll just be making the range markers inaccurate.

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
Tank Site Issue
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2008, 07:51:37 AM »
Pyro,

Inaccurate in distance maybe, but once you fire, the markers are just as useful for bracketing a target regardless.

This is more about how the sites are used, not about if they are accurate in distance.

Balsy

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Tank Site Issue
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2008, 10:21:51 AM »
Originally posted by Pyro
Using the zoom is fine.  If you use the down arrow to change your head position, you'll just be making the range markers inaccurate.

Pyro i get what your saying but what i am having an issue with is, it never use to do this, and its not happening to everyone.

for example with a sherman some people can use the marks to range 5-6k with mine i cant range past 3k if i am lucky.
Former LTARkilz