Author Topic: Pilot select...  (Read 7184 times)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
Re: Pilot select...
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2008, 02:14:49 AM »
Grat buddy
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2008, 08:36:06 AM »
No idea.  I didn't calculate that yet...

It's at Columbus. Start day is around Nov....so I'm going to be on casual status for sometime. 

Where will you be casual status?  At Columbus or elsewhere?  If you can do casual at the UPT base, it can help you get a bit of a start settling in.

And BTW, if you ever have a question that you don't want to ask your IPs, send me a PM or email.  Most of the IPs at Columbus were heavy drivers and they often don't look at things quite the same way as fighter pilots, so feel free to ask me any questions that you think wouldn't go over too well at Columbus.

Plus I recently started instructing in the T-6 and I'm Chief of our pilot instructor training (I teach new IPs) so I have a bit of perspective on a lot of pilot training issues.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2008, 09:49:01 AM »
Hawk,

I used to work on them as well. The worst thing I could call someone was to refer to them as a Cessna Engineer. It came up many times when I was fishing around trying to fix some darn part that couldn't be seen or reached with both hands. One of the worst was trying to replace a cotter pin on the shimmy dampner on the front landing gear of a 337. It takes 2 people to replace one cotter pin.
:furious :furious

soooooo.......

cessna has ford engineers workign for em? :aok :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2008, 10:58:12 AM »
gratz, g'luck, and be sure your instructors are made aware of your mad flight sim skillz!

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2008, 11:00:57 AM »
soooooo.......

cessna has ford engineers workign for em? :aok :rofl

Nope they hired the Ford rejects. If their knuckles dragged on the ground up to the wrist, they qualified.
 :huh
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2008, 08:41:04 AM »
Where will you be casual status?  At Columbus or elsewhere?  If you can do casual at the UPT base, it can help you get a bit of a start settling in.

And BTW, if you ever have a question that you don't want to ask your IPs, send me a PM or email.  Most of the IPs at Columbus were heavy drivers and they often don't look at things quite the same way as fighter pilots, so feel free to ask me any questions that you think wouldn't go over too well at Columbus.

Plus I recently started instructing in the T-6 and I'm Chief of our pilot instructor training (I teach new IPs) so I have a bit of perspective on a lot of pilot training issues.

Thanks for the offer. Lets take this into a more private chat....

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2009, 09:31:01 AM »

Getting stuff issued felt very 'Christmas' like. :D

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2009, 09:58:02 AM »
Just wondering if I could pick your brain a bit Russian. I spose Eagle can answer this as well or anyone with the knowledge for that matter. I was wondering what the selection process was like? How many interviews did you do, what kind of education background you had, the testing involved? Did you have to make a commitment to service before knowing whether you could fly or not? I'll be finishing my degree up within the year and I've thought about trying to get a flight spot. Feel free to pm me if you don't want to post it all out in the open, or to tell me it's none of my business :) .

-Zap

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2009, 09:59:24 AM »
<--- envious
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2009, 09:58:12 PM »
Just wondering if I could pick your brain a bit Russian. I spose Eagle can answer this as well or anyone with the knowledge for that matter. I was wondering what the selection process was like? How many interviews did you do, what kind of education background you had, the testing involved? Did you have to make a commitment to service before knowing whether you could fly or not? I'll be finishing my degree up within the year and I've thought about trying to get a flight spot. Feel free to pm me if you don't want to post it all out in the open, or to tell me it's none of my business :) .

-Zap

It seems the only way for you to reach your dream is to apply though OTS.  Contact officer recruiter and tell him / her your intentions.  He will schedule you to take AFOQT and TBAS.  You will need to have 3-5 letters of recommendations and interview with a pilot.  After selection you will wait over a year. Then you will take initial flight physical and work on top secret investigation.  If you really want to do this, this is a perfect time to do so since process takes such a long time.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2009, 09:29:18 AM »
Congrats Russian  :aok

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2009, 03:29:41 PM »
Thanks a bunch for the info. I'll get right on it. And congratulations by the way :) .

-Zap

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2009, 06:46:27 PM »
Man it would be nice to have a surplus tweet to fly around in. 38 would be cool also.
Congrats on the selection. Please be sure of your targets on the ground. The grunts love you but put your rounds on the bad guys.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2009, 09:43:14 PM »
wtg russian, congrats.  :)

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2009, 11:38:41 PM »
Let me guess... He's not really a Russian? ;)

WTG Russian! Good luck!  :aok
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi