Author Topic: looking  (Read 518 times)

Offline 71313

• Copper Member
looking
« on: December 24, 2007, 02:09:19 AM »
Hello all, looking for some help with acm in 109e an f. any tips would really be a great help Thank You.
handle the business,before the business handles you

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
looking
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 07:52:38 AM »
I'm no expert on the 109's, but I have to say the E and F are WAY more maneuverable than I thought they would be. Don't be afraid to get into a turn fight with some planes because one notch of flaps with make you just as, or even more, better of a turner than some spit's and la's. If you really want to learn some ACM's then head over to the TA (Training Arena) and see if there's a trainer in. If not then ask around in there, someone will help.

Offline 71313

• Copper Member
looking
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 10:56:21 PM »
any trainer out there want to give me a hand,with acm in a 109e or f
handle the business,before the business handles you

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
looking
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 10:23:43 AM »
Visit You can contact a trainer there and set up a time that works for both of you.

Offline splitatom

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
looking
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 02:11:43 PM »
well in the e aim higher than normal because mgff drop alot and on the f try to keep speeds in the 200-350 range it turns beter but for helpfull tips go to soda aircraft evaluations
snowey flying since tour 78

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
looking
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 02:47:08 PM »
Originally posted by splitatom
well in the e aim higher than normal because mgff drop alot and on the f try to keep speeds in the 200-350 range it turns beter but for helpfull tips go to soda aircraft evaluations

The 109F is a monster with flaps out. The first notch deploys around 200, and full out is probably around 150. You can outturn late-model Spits in the Freidrich, and out-run early model Spits (its surprisingly fast). The 109F eats Spitfire Mk IX's for breakfast, as its faster AND turns better (assuming the Spit doesnt get flaps out) The gun package is so-so, fine if you know how to use it.

I honestly would not recommend the 109E unless your just messing around. In the late war arenas, its a dog. The armament honestly sucks (only 60 rounds for each of its fairly weak and hard to aim cannons) though it can turn extremely well, but it has a roll rate similar to that of the Il2.