Author Topic: Frame Rate  (Read 289 times)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Frame Rate
« on: December 25, 2007, 08:07:05 AM »
What would cause the frame rate to drop suddenly.  I usually run aroun 60 to 70 frames but yesterday it started running around 20 to 30 jumping up to 40 every now and then.

I haven't done anything to the computer, but I did delete the game and reloaded it.  It did a little better but not much.  I do have Comcast, but I always had them with no problems until yesterday.

My system is

Service Tag 50Q7JD1
Express Service Code 10927933381
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Processor Speed 2.34 GHz
Memory (RAM) 2048 MB
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Operating System Version 5.1.2600

Thanks

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Screen Resolution
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 06:15:38 PM »
After playing around, I found my frame rate drops when I increase the screen resolution from 1024 x 768 to anything better.  Before yesterday I was running 1280 x 1024 without any problems.  The game runs great in 1024 x 768, but the cockpit detail is lacking, the numbers and letters are a bit fuzzy.

I should have a system that can handle the higher resolutions.

Any Suggestions?

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Frame Rate
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 06:18:03 PM »
Sounds like resource issues.  What video card?  Also check for background processes eating away CPU time.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Frame Rate
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 06:59:07 PM »
G Force 8300..  I did read the sticky about the cpu processing, and I do have around 41.  about 23 say they are the system and the rest are network and several have my name.  I erased the ones with my name which took the amount down to about 23, but when the computer rebooted they all came back.

I only know enough about computers to get me in trouble, but if you can point me in the right direction on how to clean the processing up, I know enough folks that can help me out.

Fred

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
Frame Rate
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 07:56:43 PM »
I only know enough about computers to get me in trouble, but if you can point me in the right direction on how to clean the processing up, I know enough folks that can help me out.

I would recomend doing a 'Google" on the following program  FS Auto Start and install it and letting it shut down unnecessary programs.  This may help but I don't think the number of programs running aren't the problem with your declining frame rates.:aok :noid
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.