Author Topic: Battle of Midway  (Read 2043 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 01:57:50 AM »
Raptor does good work doesn't he? :)

Show off!
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 11:36:54 AM »
Originally posted by soda72
As Kong already mentioned if you can find a multi plane fight things become much more interesting with the setup.  The f4f-4 has a better chance in pairs even if multiple zekes come in with an alt advantage.  If you can put aside the urge to HO the fights can last for several minutes and are quite fun...

The 1 on 1 fights can be fun as well, but make sure you come in with reasonable expectations.  If you're planning on turn fighting a zeke 1 on 1 in a f4f don't expect to win, just enjoy it for what it is.  If you can last 30 seconds without 'extending' away you've done real good.  Sometimes you can get the zeke driver to make a mistake, and make him pay for it, but don't count on that happening to often.

Agreed on all points here.

I absolutely got pwn'd repeatedly yesterday in the F4F.  There are some hella bad blind spots in that plane- I'd say I got killed 3 times and never even knew the guy was back there until my blood was splattered all over the canopy (olklok, I'm looking at you...you too MGD).
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 11:39:19 AM »
"Toonces, check six you got a zeke on your tail."

Thinking: What, that guy 2.0k out?  He's no threat.

BAM BAM BAM!  "What the....?"

HOST:  Olklok shot you down.
HOST:  You have been killed.

"WHERE THE HELL DID THAT GUY COME FROM?!!!?"
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Skull-1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2008, 10:24:29 PM »
Okllok picks, that's why he goes from 2.0K to zero in no time.

Then he runs runs runs runs runs.  FAR away as fast as he can...  And since he's in an FM-2 you can't catch him.

He's ruined quite a number of good fights with those tactics.   I don't even go in the arena when he's there any more.  

Love the map.  Enjoy the Zeke...   But it seems a lot slower than it should be, especially with the FM-2 there.

Takes all day to catch Buffs in it and then you die...  Boring.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 12:32:58 AM »
Love the map and the setup.  Actually getting spoiled by its beauty and have little interest going into standard maps.

~AoM~

Offline Eldorado74

• Zinc Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 03:02:46 PM »
Love the AvA arena, been my fav since it was the CT, used to go by HiJacker but was off for a bit. I still see some of the old faces (when you get real close lol) and a lot of new ones. Sure do miss the old VF27 days, was a lot of fun then too.  Midway is great, I get killed alot mostly by KONG, he always has my number (better than me) you would think that as long as I have been at this I would be pretty good, but i usually end up on the recieving end of a long burst, but boy do i have fun!:lol

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2008, 03:16:43 PM »
Originally posted by Skull-1
Okllok picks, that's why he goes from 2.0K to zero in no time.

Then he runs runs runs runs runs.  FAR away as fast as he can...  And since he's in an FM-2 you can't catch him.

He's ruined quite a number of good fights with those tactics.   I don't even go in the arena when he's there any more.  

Love the map.  Enjoy the Zeke...   But it seems a lot slower than it should be, especially with the FM-2 there.

Takes all day to catch Buffs in it and then you die...  Boring.

FYI The FM2 isn't enabled. The F4F-4 is. The F4F-4 is only faster than the A6m2 under 4k. Above that the A6m overtakes it at all altitudes. Also, if the zero stays at 5k and the wildcat goes to the deck, the zero will outrun it and catch up to it.

The wildcat is the weaker plane by far, with 1000fpm less climb rate, less speed at all but the deck, twice the turn radius, lack of cannons (not an issue against the a6m2 though), and the views available.

Might want to consider that before saying things are unfair for zero pilots :D

I agree on principle about the bombers, though.

P.S. Here ya go, F4F-4 vs A6m2:
http://www.gonzoville.com/ahcharts/index.php?p1=f4f4&p2=a6m2

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2008, 03:54:16 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
FYI The FM2 isn't enabled. The F4F-4 is. The F4F-4 is only faster than the A6m2 under 4k. Above that the A6m overtakes it at all altitudes. Also, if the zero stays at 5k and the wildcat goes to the deck, the zero will outrun it and catch up to it.
The wildcat is the weaker plane by far, with 1000fpm less climb rate, less speed at all but the deck, twice the turn radius, lack of cannons (not an issue against the a6m2 though), and the views available.
Might want to consider that before saying things are unfair for zero pilots :D
[/url]

Krusty the times that I was in there the fights were otd. Theres no need to gain alt untill okpick comes in. Even then hes always 5k+ above the fight waiting for a 1v1 to start so he can dive in.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »
I don't doubt it. One reason I stopped flying in AvA. Not him, but everybody in general does it.

But I wouldn't blame the plane (as skull was) when it's pretty much out-classed by the zero in this setup.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2008, 04:04:10 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
I don't doubt it. One reason I stopped flying in AvA. Not him, but everybody in general does it.

But I wouldn't blame the plane (as skull was) when it's pretty much out-classed by the zero in this setup.

Skull isn't wrong, Krusty, the FM2 is enabled here.  See the other thread.

- oldman

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2008, 04:09:09 PM »
The other thread? I missed that one. I was going off of the first post in THIS thread, which said F4F-4, hehe.

Okay, then. I'm sorry, my mistake!

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2008, 09:12:35 PM »
Since today is the last day

A6M2
f4f

have been disabled

and

f6f
p40e
and
a6m5b is enabled

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2008, 01:09:56 AM »
well, i didn't mean this as a bash on okllok (or MGD).  in 4v4 engagement, if i'm getting picked, that's poor SA on my part.

i say good flying. i can't pick for crap.

Offline meandog

• Zinc Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2008, 09:07:22 AM »
are you crazy soda....take the f4f out and place a f6 with all them 50 cals. against only a little zeke. OMG the japs aint got a chance now........oh wait a min...u can't make everybody happy i guess...lol

the way i see it is if it aint a challenge then whats the point of trying all

although the 4v1 thing really does suck. others should have honor and expand there fighting capabilities

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Battle of Midway
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2008, 02:32:06 PM »
Both the p40 and the F6F are doing really good vs the 0s.  F6F is almost unteachable by them
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.