Author Topic: X-52 display  (Read 416 times)

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
X-52 display
« on: January 02, 2008, 10:33:13 PM »
is there any reason that that the display on my x52 throttle doesn't light up.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
X-52 display
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 11:39:05 PM »
If you have Saitek drivers loaded go to control panel/game controlers/properties and turn it on.

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
X-52 display
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 02:23:07 PM »
My question would be what, exactly, would you use it for. I have yet to find its purpose.

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
X-52 display
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 06:34:11 PM »
Many reasons to have display on :)

One, you can confirm you have right program loaded.  As an example, my Aces High for squadron use is Aces 9.  My Program/defaults control for non squadron flying is Aces 10

Also, you can confirm key strokes and what they are for by the display, rather than going back into the program software and checking the print :)

Much more easy with the display.

Also, you can use the clock for time and set elapsed time of a mission if you are so inclined :)

Say you are are in one time zone and your squad mate in another, you can set the second clock for that time zone :)

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
X-52 display
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 07:36:33 AM »
All I ever use it for is to see if I've mmy profile selected.. actually it's not necessary but it's nice to see RumbleB on there :)

Offline Hoffman

• Copper Member
X-52 display
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 03:26:16 PM »
Also, the clock is nice, as is the stopwatch.  Nice being able to push three buttons and see what time it is over in England so I know why all the Euro guys are logging off/on.  Helpful for switching profiles.

Also, it works with Windows Media Player and you can change the volume/pause music ingame with it.    Truly excelent for when you're waiting and waiting and waiting for the endless 5 minutes to get to altitude and to the fight, then you just push the button and listen to the engines and guns roar instead of the elevator music.