Author Topic: Burn outs from around the world  (Read 868 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Burn outs from around the world
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 10:09:03 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Or when one vehicle just wont do.
:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De3_IWrNJnA
what kind of s--- bike was that??? some 80cc honda with body kits?

W A S T E of my 2 minutes :furious
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Cougar68

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 10:09:34 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Looks cool as hell but look how long it takes him to actually start going anywhere, and once he does how long it takes for him to get that car upto any kind of respectable speed
Ifanother car were next to him racing .
A car with less power but more traction could win that race.

The reason he isn't going anywhere is because he's holding the brake as well as the gas.  He sat there, on purpose, smoking the tires until he decided he wanted to go.  As others have said, it wasn't a display of acceleration but of power.  And once he let off the brake, it was gone even with the tire spin.

Second car is going to get someone hurt.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 10:41:35 PM »
unless you are using a line lock on the brakes, holding the brakes on and spinning the tires will overheat the transmission, do it too many times and you will be rebuilding the transmission.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 12:13:26 AM »
Not really. If you have drums, most often they are left loose, and if you have discs, they are most often turned down by the bias valve. Never burned a transmission up doing burnouts. If you DO NOT spin the tires, you might burn up the converter by generating too much heat from stalling it.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 03:01:13 AM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
Not really. If you have drums, most often they are left loose, and if you have discs, they are most often turned down by the bias valve. Never burned a transmission up doing burnouts. If you DO NOT spin the tires, you might burn up the converter by generating too much heat from stalling it.

Or pop a transmission-cooler line and start a helluva fire.

I used to do a little bit of Bracket racing on Friday nights' at the track. Since there weren't many cars' entering, they used to run the 11.99 and faster guys' with all of us slower street cars. This resulted in some kinda wide-spread indexes. In the second round of that nights' eliminations, a guy in a Tubbed Vette with a 9.02 dial and all the boxes' pulled up to race a dude in an old Late '60's Chysler Imperial who had a 22.50 dial. The difference in the dial times, for those who aren't familiar with Bracket racing, is what is called an 'index'. Your 'Index' is what you claim your car will run in the 1/4 mile, starting as soon as your car breaks' the staging beam when you get the green. Anyway, the Corvette staged, and set his transbrake, linelock, delay box, etc. when the Imperial did. The Imperial get's his light, and goes. During all this time, The vet was run up against his Trans-brake, Bouncing off the rev-limiter, waiting for his tree. Since 22.50 (imperial) - 9.02 (Vette) = 12.98, The Corvette was riding the Trans-brake for an AWFULLY long time. As soon as he released, he popped the lines' off of his Tranny, Starting a fire that spread from under the hood of the 'Vette to inside of the Drivers' compartment. He got it pulled over at half-track and bailed out okay, But the 'Vette was pretty badly burned up.

It was kinda funny I remembered those' indexes, but they were what was found to be the root cause of the problem.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Burn outs from around the world
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 03:44:22 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
I think Lazs will enjoy the first one, big block.  Viking will most likely applaud the last. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUq58mZUWm0

Lol, no I liked the first one too. It was clearly better than the stupid and dangerous BMW one. The Iraqi one was impressive, but not like the hotrod.

I am howerver more partial to this 1100 hp BMW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFP-6BWwidM

Here it is on the track at Rudskogen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8gChRI95do

;)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 05:06:10 AM »
C'mon Mate! You left out Australia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4gqpWdWplU

...-Gixer

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 06:50:35 AM »
Awesome Gixer! :aok

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 06:58:22 AM »
Originally posted by Gixer

...-Gixer

Nice one, Gixer. I have to say, out of the videos here so far we definitely won the burnout comp.

:lol
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 07:30:23 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Or when one vehicle just wont do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De3_IWrNJnA

The Redneck Song(to the music of the Lumberjack song)

I'm a redneck and I'm ok
I sleep all night and I drink all day

I wear no shirt,have a confederate flag
On the back of my pickup truck
I wish I was a Klansman
I am a real ****up

(Chorus)

I'm a redneck and i'm ok
I sleep all night and i drink all day
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 07:45:06 AM »
Originally posted by FrodeMk3
Or pop a transmission-cooler line and start a helluva fire.

I used to do a little bit of Bracket racing on Friday nights' at the track. Since there weren't many cars' entering, they used to run the 11.99 and faster guys' with all of us slower street cars. This resulted in some kinda wide-spread indexes. In the second round of that nights' eliminations, a guy in a Tubbed Vette with a 9.02 dial and all the boxes' pulled up to race a dude in an old Late '60's Chysler Imperial who had a 22.50 dial. The difference in the dial times, for those who aren't familiar with Bracket racing, is what is called an 'index'. Your 'Index' is what you claim your car will run in the 1/4 mile, starting as soon as your car breaks' the staging beam when you get the green. Anyway, the Corvette staged, and set his transbrake, linelock, delay box, etc. when the Imperial did. The Imperial get's his light, and goes. During all this time, The vet was run up against his Trans-brake, Bouncing off the rev-limiter, waiting for his tree. Since 22.50 (imperial) - 9.02 (Vette) = 12.98, The Corvette was riding the Trans-brake for an AWFULLY long time. As soon as he released, he popped the lines' off of his Tranny, Starting a fire that spread from under the hood of the 'Vette to inside of the Drivers' compartment. He got it pulled over at half-track and bailed out okay, But the 'Vette was pretty badly burned up.

It was kinda funny I remembered those' indexes, but they were what was found to be the root cause of the problem.

Yeah, well, you cannot account for the fact that some people will be dumb enough to use rubber cooler lines. I use steel tubing or stainless steel braided hose.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by Gixer

...-Gixer

Awesome :lol   Machinery going out the way it was meant to.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 08:03:29 AM »
my cars are sticks..  they won't do some on the line burnout with the front wheels locked unless I were to add a line lock and I see no reason for it.

They are street cars.   The big block does big block things tho.. like chirping the tires at 60 if you just stomp the pedal hard or... if you are going ten mph and stomp it.. the tires just go up in smoke for a sec then haze as the car accelerates..   the Healey..  well.. it is a different story it is evil.   It tends to move around a bit.

Burnouts are fun..  I like the way the engine sounds and the way the rear end moves around and the smell of tire smoke.   everyone loves to see a good burnout (keith richards aside).    If the motor sounds good while it is being done..   If the car has the right attitude while it is being done.

lazs

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 05:38:11 PM »
Originally posted by Cougar68
The reason he isn't going anywhere is because he's holding the brake as well as the gas.  He sat there, on purpose, smoking the tires until he decided he wanted to go.  As others have said, it wasn't a display of acceleration but of power.  And once he let off the brake, it was gone even with the tire spin.

Second car is going to get someone hurt.

I know what he was doing. Still when he did decide to go. he didnt exactly shoot out of the gate figurativly speaking.

And yes he was showing off.
He was also wasting as I originally stated. Good rubber off of the tires.

I used to do the same jackarse stuff with my 70 1/2 Camaro back in the day.

Eventually stopped the practice cause I got tired of needing new tires
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 07:18:55 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
I know what he was doing. Still when he did decide to go. he didnt exactly shoot out of the gate figurativly speaking.

And yes he was showing off.
He was also wasting as I originally stated. Good rubber off of the tires.

I used to do the same jackarse stuff with my 70 1/2 Camaro back in the day.

Eventually stopped the practice cause I got tired of needing new tires

If he has enough extra dough to build that Street rod, chances are, a new set of back tires aren't going to kill him.