Author Topic: Back To Basics  (Read 782 times)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Back To Basics
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 04:55:49 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute
btw, what was your name before Gixer?

It's always been Gixer since 2001 I took a break from AH in 04 when (is that  the date you started?) and returned about two months ago. Possibly  from the time you started you missed any previous years I've been around hence your opinon of Rookie of me.

Your welcome to your opinion others that have been around for while might disagree. And I don't ever recall coming across you in the past couple of months.

Maybe you could show an ounce of courtesy or atleast check ones history first before slagging someone off in the forums.

...-Gixer

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Back To Basics
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 05:34:53 AM »
Originally posted by Gixer
(is that  the date you started?) and returned about two months ago. Possibly  from the time you started you missed any previous years I've been around hence your opinon of Rookie of me.

Your welcome to your opinion others that have been around for while might disagree. And I don't ever recall coming across you in the past couple of months.

Maybe you could show an ounce of courtesy or atleast check ones history first before slagging someone off in the forums.

...-Gixer

I would give the same advice to you sir.

I started (well... the 2nd time I started, and never quit) was Tour 34 2002, a month or so before you did as Lute.  

I tried AH earlier at the end of 2001 when AW died but I didn't like it (gasp!) and I was still crying over the demise of Air Warrior.  TECHNICALLY I started Dec. 1991, but I don't count that as I only flew a tour or so, and took a break for most of 1991 from flying.

You would have to go back to AirWarrior @ 1996 for my true "roots".

Not surprised you don't remember dying.  They were quite unremarkable fights if IIRC.  Again, I only noted them as I have seen you post on the BBS and expected, oh I don't know, MORE I guess.

And I think you would be hard pressed to find too many supporters of "self taught" vs. "trained" as far as learning how to fight is concerned.  I would be curious who these "others" are.

(edit: I DID dig the whole "ask someone who's been around longer than you about me" angle you just tried.  I would suggest next time to make sure you were around longer than the person you try that with)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 05:45:26 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Back To Basics
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 06:21:01 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute
INot surprised you don't remember dying.  They were quite unremarkable fights if IIRC.  Again, I only noted them as I have seen you post on the BBS and expected, oh I don't know, MORE I guess.

I could say the same, but the difference between us is that I wouldn't go posting such in the forums.

Anyway interesting to read your history, see you around in the MA no doubt.

...-Gixer

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Back To Basics
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 07:30:21 AM »
Originally posted by Gixer
I could say the same, but the difference between us is that I wouldn't go posting such in the forums.

Back at you.  

I will make an effort to cross paths with you again in the arena.

(yes I edited out all the sarcasm and witty remarks)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit