Author Topic: Has the LA7 regained it's throne...  (Read 4061 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Has the LA7 regained it's throne...
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2008, 04:31:38 PM »
You coming back Lev?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2008, 04:40:36 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
You coming back Lev?

From our squad forum:

Originally Posted By Dead Man Flying

Hey guys, my wife upped my allowance to $12 per month.  She also said that if I am a good boy she may give me the $14.99 that I need to play.  So, I may be seeing you all soon.  All I have to do improve my cooking and cleaning she will let me have my joystick back :)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2008, 05:02:12 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Pretend it was made in the US.  Looking good now doesn't it?

Huh? I don't fly US planes very often.. my current plane is a 190 A8 far from uber more like flying a brick with big guns.
"strafing"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2008, 05:23:11 PM »
Originally posted by Anaxogoras

Perking an aircraft should be only determined by how often the aircraft is used.  

No, the current criteria for perking aircraft is the only one that should be used, now and in the future.  The current criteria is to perk those planes that HTC feels would unbalance the game.  The La7 nor the Spitfire Mk XVI meet that criteria.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2008, 06:06:34 PM »
No, the current criteria for perking aircraft is the only one that should be used, now and in the future. The current criteria is to perk those planes that HTC feels would unbalance the game. The La7 nor the Spitfire Mk XVI meet that criteria.

Your argument against what I said is that you like the way it is now?  I think you can do better than that.  Calling HTC's opinion or whimsy a criterion does not make it so, just like putting  lipstick on a pig doesn't... err, well, you get the idea!:rofl  Until perking is based on something objective it will never hold up to scrutiny.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2008, 06:13:12 PM »
HTC doesn't need to stand up to our scrutiny...it's their game :)
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2008, 06:22:48 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
Once again I ask you for the data on this...it appears to me that guys who never fly the La-7 seem to have the most opinions about what it can or cant do...

and anytime you want to duel (for fun) spit8 vs La-7...Ill take the spit...you or anyone else here can show me how a much better turner it is...

if your beating spits consistently in a la-7 then you are fighting poor quality spit pilots...

once again if someone (lushce maybe?) could direct me to where the airplane stats are...it would end this debate nicely...I am prepared to discover I am wrong....

I have no 'data' site on the subject...  what type real world 'data' would prove anything about this game to begin with?  I'll be happy to show you.. I'd thought you'd pick the 5 though.. lol

If you can actually get the la7 slow nuff for full flaps.. it can turn inside a spit and usually easy like..

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2008, 07:08:48 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
If you can actually get the la7 slow nuff for full flaps.. it can turn inside a spit and usually easy like..
Until spit drops flaps too... Spit 16 with flaps down turn rate is about equal to that of LA-7, with Spit being more controllable at very low speeds, therefore in slow speed fight Spit 16 has a slight edge - under assumption of equal skill. Unfortunately, Spit 16 will usually gain advantage right off the merge due to the vastly better instantaneous turn at medium and higher speeds...

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2008, 07:34:45 PM »
Originally posted by Anaxogoras
Your argument against what I said is that you like the way it is now?  I think you can do better than that.  Calling HTC's opinion or whimsy a criterion does not make it so, just like putting  lipstick on a pig doesn't... err, well, you get the idea!:rofl  Until perking is based on something objective it will never hold up to scrutiny.

I'm just saying that the criteria that HiTech and gang use to set perks is far better than your suggestion of setting perks based on plane usage.  Just because Spitfires and La7s just happen to be a popular ride doesn't translate to unbalancing the game play.  Since they don't unbalance the game play, they don't need to be perked.

If HiTech decided to change it to how you want it, then it would be possible that every time a plane becomes the "flavor of the month" it could face the possibility of being perked due to its current popularity or causing lesser rides to become perked.  The Zeke and Hurricanes are popular planes, ones that you see all the time, especially for base defense.  Since they are popular planes to fly, under  your "perk criteria" they would face the possibility of being perked despite the fact that these planes do not undermine the balance.

And yes, I like the criteria that HiTech and cronies currently use to assign perks.  As I said in my previous post, planes should only be perked if they would cause the game play to become unbalanced if they weren't.  I might not agree with some of their decisions on what planes were perked (TA-152 is an example) but not the criteria.

ack-ack

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2008, 10:44:33 PM »
I thought the 152 is now un perked, I flew it a few nights ago to intercept a 30K+ raid against the knight HQ and I do not recall a perk cost. :cool:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2008, 12:07:58 AM »
Originally posted by DaddyAck
I thought the 152 is now un perked, I flew it a few nights ago to intercept a 30K+ raid against the knight HQ and I do not recall a perk cost. :cool:

Was just using it as an example of a plane that I didn't understand why it was perked.

ack-ack

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2008, 01:12:27 AM »
Ok, I did not understand why it was perked in the first place either.  It is afterall a plane with a very specific niche to fill, one that in AHII is very rarely needed since there are too few higher altitude engagements.