Author Topic: NT  (Read 1065 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Best plane for catching runners
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 12:11:41 AM »
Originally posted by Chubbie
I chase them all the way to the field and blow them away when they turn around or try to land. I'm persistant, don't run from me unless you wanna die while you're landing. Yea I'll suicide through the flak, I don't care.

Another thing is starting to bug me now and it's the mindless hordes that seem to be the new trend. You don't see any small engagements now, it's always lopsided 20v5 30v10 etc etc. This is probably why I'm seeing all the p51s and 109ds, it's the only way to fight the hordes if you don't have alt.

MW areana thursday night......over A52....was a minor furball....think it was somehting like 8-12 or so......and was massive fun lthough we did eventually lose the base

<>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 08:40:18 AM »
You mentioned the 190s but do not forget the TA152. I use that to hunt down low 262s. I think it must dive faster than about anything and holds course too up until about 500 mph. Of course once you're on the deck you are game. Above 20k  nothing climbs like it and nothing stays with it at 30k according to an article I read.

It does not turn very well though.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 10:02:02 AM »
Originally posted by Chubbie
I chase them all the way to the field and blow them away when they turn around or try to land. I'm persistent, don't run from me unless you wanna die while you're landing. Yea I'll suicide through the flak, I don't care.

I've done that a few times and I quickly realised that it is not a good way to play the game.

Getting those sort of kills is not important, is it?

HighGtrn has a nice perspective on it... if they run from you... you're obviously out-flying them which is a small victory in itself. Sure, you don't get your name in lights for it but it's still a victory for you.

Look at it this way.. I consider landing-vulches to be the lowest of low as far as 'honour' goes in the game... HO's ganging, running etc are all a matter of course in the game... a substitute for a lack of ability. We all know that. Running someone down while they've got their gear out, braving their ack just so that you can kill them while they're trying to get their aircraft down demonstrates no skill on your part and also a vindictive and petty side of your personality.

Don't take this as personal attack on you, Chub, it is in no way intended to be so.

Instead of flying for the kill try flying for the fun of it all. There are plenty of guys that I've had great fights with (in which I have won and also had my arse handed to me) and because of a good attitude these guys always say hello on 200 whenever I land kills or make my presence known. I can switch countries at any time and be met with greetings and offers to wing-up with 'adversaries' that I've had good fights with in the past.

Basically, forget the kills for now... they will come. Fly to have a good time. A friendly and considerate AH player will always have a more positive experience when they log on compared to those who have a bad attitude toward those around them, be it on range channel or 200.

Once you've earned some respect perhaps you can call out on 200 and ask them to turn.... otherwise... let it go, there are plenty of other dweebs to kill.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 03:24:48 PM »
Originally posted by Getback
You mentioned the 190s but do not forget the TA152. I use that to hunt down low 262s. I think it must dive faster than about anything and holds course too up until about 500 mph. Of course once you're on the deck you are game. Above 20k  nothing climbs like it and nothing stays with it at 30k according to an article I read.

It does not turn very well though.

The Ta-152 is actually worse in a dive than any other member of the 190 family.  It's maximum dive speed is about 450 mph vs. 550+ in all of the others and those long extended wings will snap if you pull out too hard from a fast dive.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 09:23:28 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
The Ta-152 is actually worse in a dive than any other member of the 190 family.  It's maximum dive speed is about 450 mph vs. 550+ in all of the others and those long extended wings will snap if you pull out too hard from a fast dive.

Indeed, I got too fast trying to follow a jug in a dive (we were fighting at nearly 30k)

He snapped his wings off and I got railed into a dive that took me no less than 25 thousand feet to recover from.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 12:00:10 AM »
Originally posted by Getback
You mentioned the 190s but do not forget the TA152 (...) Above 20k  nothing climbs like it  

Not in this game ;)

Regarding to pure climb rate, above 20K the
- P-47N is on par (and faster in level flight)
- Spitfire XIV seriously outperforms the TA in climb rate and top speed
- P-38J/L have about same climb rate up to 25K
- P-51B climbs better above 25K and is almost as fast as Ta-152 up to 30k
- P-47D-40 has about the same rate of climb
- F4U-4 climbs better up to 25K and is faster up to 28k
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 12:02:26 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman