Author Topic: My First movie-actually good...  (Read 326 times)

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
My First movie-actually good...
« on: February 04, 2008, 07:19:33 AM »
Man i spent like 3 hours last night making a youtube video, and ITS GOOD especailly since its the first video like that i ever made....

Aces High II
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 11:02:52 AM »
Here are some suggestions:

1. Don't use music making references to sex. Soundtracks are preferred.

2. Try not to get the mouse into the recorded film.

3. Try to get some more camera angles on your kills. We mainly saw internal views of all your kills. Show us some external views from under the wing, next to a gun, at the nose, gun-cam, behind the canopy, etc... Simply mix up the camera angles to increase the excitement of your film a little.

That's all I can come up with right now. Mainly because of the startling reference towards bed time in your film's music. The only part I could really focus on was your proud kill of VansCrew. Nice job!:cool:
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:20:11 AM »
If you are gonna stay in your Internal view. Make sure the "Use Recorded Views" is checked.

THis way we can see your opponent more than just looking out the front of your plane.

Mathis
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 12:09:41 PM »
You'll need to lower the resolution at which your recording with in fraps.  Perhaps use Half Size in Fraps options.  The recording FPS was sub 30 frames per sec, which is not to be desired.

One thing you can gain from your first movie is that "It's a start."  Each movie you do you learn new tips on making it better.  So the comments and suggestions may be more negative and plentiful than you wanted, it will only make your next films that much better.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 04:51:02 PM »
Originally posted by Denholm
Here are some suggestions:

1. Don't use music making references to sex. Soundtracks are preferred.

2. Try not to get the mouse into the recorded film.

3. Try to get some more camera angles on your kills. We mainly saw internal views of all your kills. Show us some external views from under the wing, next to a gun, at the nose, gun-cam, behind the canopy, etc... Simply mix up the camera angles to increase the excitement of your film a little.

That's all I can come up with right now. Mainly because of the startling reference towards bed time in your film's music. The only part I could really focus on was your proud kill of VansCrew. Nice job!:cool:

1. I really like the song :aok
2. It was wierd cause everytime i tried to change the view, the mouse would be in the recording screen
3. lol with vanscrew......o and i will do better on my next video, just was kind of happy that i threw that 1 together and it turned out better than it hoped....
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 05:01:00 PM by angelsandair »
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 05:04:32 PM »
o and how do i keep the mouse out of my screen? i cant change views with out it showing up, pretty obviously, but i will try to upgrade it and see if it turns out better, maybe different clips with a different song