Author Topic: Dweeb Pilots  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 02:33:16 PM »
Too many ways to describe a Dweeb pilot.

Look under CorkyJr in the dictionary and you'll find it....er...wait!
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 02:36:32 PM »
If you want an "honorable" fight, go to the DA. Expect everything when you're in the MA.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 02:56:10 PM »
Looks like the "dweeb" is the guy that just put you in the tower.

However it happened, it certainly wasn't anything you did wrong.

You got ganged, vultched, HO'd, picked, rammed, acked, ran out of gas, lawndarted, anything but killed in an honorable way.

He's just a dweeb!
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 07:40:17 AM »
My opinion, for what its worth (which is exactly 0)

Anyone who has an acct and flys aces high is a dweeb.

You could have a real life, but as long as you fly here regularly you are at least part dweeb or closet dweeb.

Thats a given, like death and taxes, it isn't going to change.

Now, that being said, there are high class dweebs, and there are low class dweebs.

Now some would say that as a trainer, I should only fly the harder planes.
That you should never catch me in a La7 or a nik.

Yet I say to each his own, viva la difference!

Some days going out and dancing into a furball with a nik and coming home to land a few kills just FEELS TOO GOOD, not to do it.

You have a problem with that, ok, thats YOUR problem.

You died to my guns, well shouldn't have let me get them on you then should you. Everyone flys, everyone dies. If you died, you made a mistake, someplace. Even if it was just upping the wrong field at the wrong time.

Lose the egos, we don't need em. Accept that YOU screwed up, don't blame the other guy because you died.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »
HOers
Runners
Gangers
Pickers
Vulchers
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline kozhedub

• Zinc Member
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 12:13:08 PM »
I'd support a Spit XIV like perk on the -7 if it would stop the whining.

Also based on Lusche's usage chart, a similar perk on the Spit XVI, N1k, and P 51D.

Maybe 5 points . Not enough to stop anyone who want's to stop from using it to use it, but perhaps lessen the usage somewhat and stop the  :cry :cry
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 12:15:43 PM by kozhedub »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 12:38:18 PM »
Originally posted by kozhedub

Also based on Lusche's usage chart, a similar perk on the Spit XVI, N1k, and P 51D.

Maybe 5 points . Not enough to stop anyone who want's to stop from using it to use it, but perhaps lessen the usage somewhat and stop the  :cry :cry

I'd oppose that actually, and I have no interest in flying any of those.

Why?  Because then new players will be at more of a disadvantage and people will just whine about Typhoons, Spitfire Mk VIIIs, Bf109K-4s and Hurricane IICs as they replace the newly perked quad.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 03:16:26 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
... and people will just whine about Typhoons, Spitfire Mk VIIIs, Bf109K-4s and Hurricane IICs as they replace the newly perked quad.

and the next quad, and the next quad, and so on, and so on, and so on ...  ;)
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 04:54:58 PM »
After "Pimp my ride" here comes "Perk my ride" on AHTV
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 05:52:58 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
I'd oppose that actually, and I have no interest in flying any of those.

Why?  Because then new players will be at more of a disadvantage and people will just whine about Typhoons, Spitfire Mk VIIIs, Bf109K-4s and Hurricane IICs as they replace the newly perked quad.

I think this is an excellent point. As someone relatively new and low in the fighter rankings (i.e.High number) being able to fly easier to master planes means I can get in close and in amongst things getting on peoples sixes and anticipating their moves. They are usually in less agile planes and I can practice and learn while having a good time and surviving for a reasonable time. If I come up against an experienced spitfire its a different story of course but lower 190,s 51's 47's etc    :D They may think Dweeb Newbie but should they be getting into spit territory in the first place. If they didnt enjoy it would they do it.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Coward

• Zinc Member
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 06:38:10 PM »
Use the 51, D-9 etc to dive in at high speed and shoot at an aircraft that exposes himself to a shot.... equals dweeb. :confused:

Likewise, it has also been written that if you are, ahem..brave.. and use your 51, D-9 etc to slug it out in a low fight with a plane made to turn well at low speed, then you are a dweeb for not utilizing your aircraft properly :cry

The only person I can truly please, ultimately, is the one paying my bill, me. :lol

COWard    moo

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 07:11:44 PM »
Originally posted by kozhedub

Plane usage should not be used as a criteria to perk a plane.  The criteria in place is the only one that should be used.  Any plane that is proven to cause an unbalance in the game play should be perked.  Just because a plane is popular doesn't unbalance the game play.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 12:24:18 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
I think it is time I put an end to this :)

Dweeb ride = 190
Dweeb pilit =  Person in the 190

Reason?  They know they picked a plane that cannot fight.  They chose to get in a plane that all it could do is intercept buffs, vulch, HO, or run.  They call that flying smart.

Thank you,
Next thread please?  :lol

There are a few exceptions. Urchin can and will fight in a 190 and I've seen a few turn fight a P51 with skill. I respect these guys.  The ones that erk me are guys who have  more then enough skill to fight but instead act like a two week B&Z picker.    It would be like you flying around in a 190 picking people.  I doubt that you would ever get shot with your skill level.   Guess some are just afraid of getting their virtual plane shot down by taking chances fighting and others aren't.
Jay12

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 02:51:10 PM »
Dweeb pilots are the ones who drop 5k ft to enter a fight against a lone enemey that's already 5:1 in their favor.

Dweeb pilots always turn sharply to avoid a bandit instead of calmly dragging the enemy for a friendly.

Dweeb pilots never give 6 calls.

Dweeb pilots dive bomb carriers in Lancasters and B-26s.

Dweeb pilots bail out of their bombers from 20k ft when they see approaching enemies.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Dweeb Pilots
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 02:54:49 PM »
100% Agree...

Originally posted by BlauK
If you want "an honorable fight" (whatever that may be by each and everyone's definition), do not go HO with them yourself.
If you don't go HO with them, they are not coming HO at you. It is as easy as that. There is always two planes going towards each other in a HO. :p [/B]

For those of you that believe that you can fly nose on a unknown pilot and not get HO'ed. What are you thinking? Oh yes, "Chivalry" a WWI concept that went out with WWI. In modern warfare, if you present yourself as a target you will get shot. For those that understand the concept of the dogfighting and how to present their aircraft for a test of skill. "I you".

BTW, I hear from time to time some folks get really upset about what they call PICKTARDS. Read some of the accounts of "The Blonde Knight of Germany". Yep, that's right Eric Hartmann 352 Kills was the world's highest scoring ace of all time as well as the greatest PICKTARD ace that ever flew. He has my respect for skills and wanting to be alive at the end of the day.

MHO

Cheers:aok
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 03:03:34 PM by swareiam »
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell