Author Topic: Account deleted for good.  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Account deleted for good.
« on: January 26, 2008, 12:56:26 PM »
Came back for a few weeks, tried it out again, got just as fed up in that time as it took me 2 1/2 years to get to last summer. Game just holds zero appeal anymore, even as an occasional time killer. Same BS in the arenas, same crappy gameplay, same changes that don't really change anything.

When I left last summer, I'd hoped it was going to be just temporary, but if anything I think the game has gotten much worse since then, and I can't see it miraculously improving if I wait another 6 months and try again. So this time I'm completely deleting AH and everything that goes with it from my system. I'd probably be selling my stick if I didn't use it for other games that I still enjoy sometimes.

To the few people I did enjoy flying with, and good luck, and I hope you continue to enjoy it. This isn't meant to be an attack on HTC or a call for anyone to "come with me", just saying so long.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 12:57:46 PM »
I'll miss your avatar....:O

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
Re: Account deleted for good.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 01:01:45 PM »
Originally posted by Treize69
[This isn't meant to be an attack on HTC or a call for anyone to "come with me", just saying so long. [/B]

Then why such a critical post.  I f you decided to leave for your personal reasons, why not just say that - instead of knocking the game.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 01:02:45 PM »
are you looking for one of us to jump in and stop you leaving, if so i will attempt it.

or did you just figure on leaving a bitter list of compliants to say 'So long HTC and thanks for all the good times' ?
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 01:05:19 PM »
Take care Treize
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 01:07:16 PM »
If I wanted to bitterly list complaints it would have been about 5x as long as that. I actually kept that quite tame compared to what I was going to post, but I don't want to get PNGed from the forums.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 01:08:02 PM »
Buh, bye.  

Seventh year in AH.  Six in AW.  You're wrong.  

Buh, bye.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Account deleted for good.
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 01:10:48 PM »
Originally posted by Treize69
Came back for a few weeks, tried it out again, got just as fed up in that time as it took me 2 1/2 years to get to last summer. Game just holds zero appeal anymore, even as an occasional time killer. Same BS in the arenas, same crappy gameplay, same changes that don't really change anything.

When I left last summer, I'd hoped it was going to be just temporary, but if anything I think the game has gotten much worse since then, and I can't see it miraculously improving if I wait another 6 months and try again. So this time I'm completely deleting AH and everything that goes with it from my system. I'd probably be selling my stick if I didn't use it for other games that I still enjoy sometimes.

To the few people I did enjoy flying with, and good luck, and I hope you continue to enjoy it. This isn't meant to be an attack on HTC or a call for anyone to "come with me", just saying so long.

If you were just saying "so long" the post would have been much shorter. No doubt there are things in life to be miserable about but I dont believe computer games rate. "The few people I did enjoy flying with"?:lol Let me give you some advice kid. Sour grapes of that type will ruin your life. 95% of the people in this game you never even knew.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 01:13:10 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 01:15:32 PM »
Sad to see you go, man. I had a good time flying with you.  Stay in touch.
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Re: Re: Account deleted for good.
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 01:18:13 PM »
Originally posted by Wizer
Then why such a critical post.  I f you decided to leave for your personal reasons, why not just say that - instead of knocking the game.
I didn't think he knocked the game -- he knocked all the lamerz playing it.

<== Mega Lamerz, BTW.

No point in continuing to play a game you don't enjoy.  Good luck, and I hope you find something more enjoyable to waste time with.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 01:35:07 PM »
I can understand your feelings Trieze.

I find myself flying less than I did at first lately.  It's hard to quantify 'lame' gameplay for me, but I know when I'm not having fun because of it.

However, I'm kept here, for now, because of the folks on my squad with whom I truly enjoy flying online.  If not for my squad and the friendships I've developed I'd be gone as well.

I'm looking forward to CT.

Hope to see you around, but if not, I'm sure it's a loss for the community.

Best,
Toonces
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 01:45:31 PM »
it is a shame to see you leave, good luck and S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »
I'll carry on the fight for the I.A.R. 81c
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Account deleted for good.
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 02:09:49 PM »
Originally posted by Wizer

It is a critical post on the gameplay he's not leaving for personal reasons he's leaving becuase of gameplay (it seems), he's entitled to his opinion.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 02:24:11 PM »
take care bro :)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns