Author Topic: 262 tail spin  (Read 333 times)

Offline splitatom

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
262 tail spin
« on: January 26, 2008, 04:20:22 PM »
i was coming back after shooting down 2-3 planes i dont remmeber i had lost one engine because i colided with someone i was coming in had my landing gear full flaps deployed whem all fo a suden i wnet into a tail spin like when you lose your virticle stap
snowey flying since tour 78

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
262 tail spin
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 04:41:18 PM »
If I read this right, you probably had too much torque on one side, causing it to flatspin. This happens to me in F4U's a lot, when I try to slow down fast I kick my rudder, but if I slow down too much I get into a flat spin I can't get out of.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
262 tail spin
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 09:40:33 AM »
You were coming back after shooting 2-3 planes that you don't remember ?

Or was it, you don't remember losing one engine because you collided with someone ?

:rolleyes:

Think about it ...

Landing speed

plus

Landing gear

plus

Full flaps

plus

One engine

Spikes ... I'm sure you know this ... the Me-262 does not have torque and it has tri-cyle landing gear, although, power-on to one jet engine at stall speed could most likely feel like it had torque.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
262 tail spin
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

Spikes ... I'm sure you know this ... the Me-262 does not have torque and it has tri-cyle landing gear, although, power-on to one jet engine at stall speed could most likely feel like it had torque.

Yes, I know, and I've had situations many times where I have had one engine...it feels like it has torque.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
262 tail spin
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 07:14:35 AM »
well if you fly aroud with a p38 with one engine off. the plane does seem to yaw to the side that the engine is on. maybe this contributed to your flat spin. were you at full throttle when you stalled?

i dont fly the 262 much but im guessing that one engne on full throttle and get very slow if you use too much rudder it could contribute to losing control.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V