Author Topic: Tips and clues  (Read 826 times)

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
Tips and clues
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 07:26:55 AM »
yes rich i also love the nik it has a lot of good strengths to it.
and if your decent in it you can cover for the weaknesses.

i like what soda said about the nik

"Everyone should be scared of you and if they aren't then they are fools.  The N1K may not be very fast, but it is so highly maneuverable and has so much firepower that most N1K's will shoot you in the face at every chance they can get.  It's almost silly, N1K's tend to blast away at anything with D900 and often can land lucky shots that hurt you badly.  There is nothing quite like the nervous feeling of a N1K D900 back spraying the sky around you full of lead"

his site may be a lttle out of date, but i still say its how i learned most everything i know.

too bad nik's get a bad rep from ho's and people tell everyone its a dweeb ride.
its very comparable to the spitfires to me.
lot of stregths easy to fly and a few weaknesses.

the next plane i want to try out is the ki-84 ive only flown it a few times and that was in hth 8 player.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also im of the opinion that most bomber jocks should learn to fly fighters,
if anything it will distract them from the craving they have for b29 superfortresses. :O :aok :rofl
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:39:34 AM by goober69 »
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Tips and clues
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 11:22:35 AM »
Originally posted by xtyger

I actually disagree with the one who suggested getting into furballs right away, at least right into the middle of them. You'll likely get shot down too quickly to learn anything. One on ones are good, or even hanging around outside of some dogfight and sneaking in and cherry picking (I know it's frowned upon by most, including me) will help you learn how to approach targets, and how to get away from them.

I understand any player getting frustrated with the lurning curve in AH .

I was chatting with Drex a few years ago about how he became
arguably the best player in the game .
Drex said he flew into the biggest mess he could find with 100 fuel
and bombs on . It took a lot of dying but the results speak for themselves .

I don't believe you can truly be good at this game without commiting
to getting beat again and again .
Timid with results leads to happy and stale game play .

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Tips and clues
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 05:01:26 PM »
I get shot down plenty enough to make the game exciting, ;)  The point I was making was that getting into no win situations doesnt make much sense in a learning environment. It doesnt really make sense in any environment. Im just not at that stage Goober where I worry about 10 kill fights.

What I do worry about, when hitting the chute, is not learning something out of it. Its a lot to take in, even for someone with the flying hours from bombers. Fighters are simply a different ballgame.

Yaknow I dont want to turn this into a h'oe thread but i'd say if Ive been in 110 HO situations the other guy started shooting first in 108 of them. Im starting to think that maybe Im a dummy for not HO'ing too.

Ive only been hit a few times by it tho, and rammed a few, and Im starting to use it for my own benefit in my separation tactics. I figure the few seconds He's wasting h'oe'ing me I could be setting up for post merge.

I think the Hellcat, Jugs, Nikkis, are great airplanes. I took the KI-84 and zero up a few times and really liked them.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"