Author Topic: settings (two fold questions)  (Read 267 times)

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
settings (two fold questions)
« on: January 27, 2008, 05:37:03 PM »
I was thinking about this the other day. Can it be possible for someone else adjust settings on JS (sliders, deadbang, etc, etc) if you gave them your log in name and password? If so, what about if the JS they use is completely different one?

Second question is I couldn't find this topic although I posted it several weeks ago so figured might as well ask again

I haven't been able to use my F6 button nor the external views that come with certain planes. I figured I might have to go into program files or something but would I need to do? Hopefully someone can explain this question in step-to-step since I am not very good with computers (turn it on, turn game on, play, leave, turn off computer is the extend of my knowledge)

Thank you in advance
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 08:45:24 PM »
YOUR settings are stored on YOUR computer in the HTC file.

So, no.  Someone else can't adjust your deadbands, etc.

Don't know about F6 and external views other than you need a bombsight for F6 to work and external views are for bombers only and fighters while on the ground.

wrngway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 09:28:10 PM »
F3 is the external view that is available in the bombers, and all other planes while on the ground.

The only way to have someone else set your joystick would to give them remote acess to your computer. Seeing as the game is CPU intense, you'd have to have a real good machine to do both, as well as the other guy trying to set your stick.

If you find someone that flys with the same basic style, and the same stick, you could ask them to send you a copy of their stick config file in the game. You could replace yours with theirs and after recalibrating your stick have the same set-up. There still will be the practice time needed to get use to it, its not really a "quick fix"