Author Topic: Account deleted for good.  (Read 2996 times)

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Account deleted for good.
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2008, 11:58:57 AM »
Take 'er easy trieze.  I'm almost to that point where I'm asking why I'm paying $15 a month for a game I only sort of like anymore. If it wasn't for the 332nd I doubt I would still be paying/playing.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2008, 01:48:28 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive

I think a permanent squelch list with unlimited entries would be a nice add-on.

This would be the best improvement to the game in years. I don't care if I have to watch it scroll through my text buffer while it squelches them either.

If the little tardlets, young and old, have very few people to talk to them this behavior may just subside.

On a side note, if a general call to the community for a 'global squelch request for {gameid}' went out and was rebroadcast on country channel for those not tuned to 200 and the greater part of the community acted on it. It also would have a profound effect

Offline W2004

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2008, 02:08:52 PM »
I can sort of see where he's coming from but only to an extent. I've been playing online flight simulators for about twelve years now (God I'm old!) but out of all of them, I'd say Aces High is the best realistic combat flight simulator out there and while I haven't taken to the cockpit on AH in about four years ever since getting a laptop, one of the first things I'm doing when I get my desktop computer in a month or so is signing back up to Aces High.

I originally came to Aces High after Air Warrior (R.I.P) and then a brief stint at CFS2 but the community was great. It consisted most of my pals from AW from Gamestorm, EA, and of course AOL, and the action was great and while there were subtle accusations against certain pilots for possibly cheating and/or hacking, it never really materialized, they were debunked my administrators. But as a new crop of pilots emerged, most of the younger generations, I could tell that the game was changing for the worse when I finally left after getting a new job and having to lose the desktop computer.

Now Aces High 2 is here and I can't wait to get back into the cockpit but the original poster doesn't hit on anything I didn't know already - the community has changed and there is now a clear distinction, now that AH has been around for awhile between the veterans and the noobs. Add in the fact that there are certain bugs out there, which I've seen firsthand since they're posted on YouTube (the one Me109 carpetbombing the field each time he flies over it is quite amusing but also unfortunate at the same time), and I can see why he might be fed up. With the money that is spent each month on the game, you want some value to that and cheaters don't make the game enjoyable but I have the utmost confidence in AH's Administrators to fix any bug and identify and ban any cheaters/hackers.

That is all.

Offline BiGBMAW

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2008, 02:52:57 PM »
whaaambulance and Cry Fries..Ordered

If you dont like 200..there are dozens of other channels you can pick....Sorry are you anti 200 guys saying you cant have a channel where idiots talk back and forth..No free speech?..I know there are plenty of kooks typing on it... BIG DEAL..Dont read it..or ...!!!!! GASP!!!! Make your own Channel!!!!! HTC deleted Channel 1..We had to make our own!! Remember that?..We said lets all log on to 200 to talk smak to the other country!!

You can name channel 202..The "Gentlemen s channel"...and slap each other with a white glove....Good Show Ol Boy!!..Care for a spot of tea?

And yes ALt-Alt..I understand you dont like it when ur pee-38 is not on the "Alt advantage"....

It amazes me that some folks think the gameplay has changed so dramatically..OMG!! new players!!! ahhh  Were you the same Blue Hairs that said the Beetles were the Devils?