Author Topic: mn38  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
mn38
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 09:44:16 AM »
Gotta back up VonMessa....
Switching sides is not only counter-productive, but is always construed as downright mean, by those of us who stick with one side or the other.  Switching sides subtracts from the over all immersion that the new AvA was designed to create...  If you wanna play dirty, go back to the Ma.  Please?!

InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
mn38
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 09:48:57 AM »
Originally posted by VonMessa
Heythere,

No offense to you at all, but. Look...... deep into my eyes.............and......... .

tell me when or if you find someone who gives a flying

This switching sides is garbage.  Take away the choice.  Once per round, heck even let em earn medals for it.  I know (if I am correct) that medals are  forfeit right now if you switch sides.

Because I'd rather forfeit a cartoon medal than forfeit the fun-which has already happened with more than a few people, who have come in and tried it, then left.

A side imbalance only encourages the 'dweeb' behaviour that many here have fled from in the MA. The hording. The vulching. The Milkrunning. Too many people on one side or another seems' to cause this. HTC realized this, that is why in the MA, there is an ENY.

Now, I know that this is a different situation than the MA, in here. However, to make this work, we have to police ourselves. That is both sides of the ball; I won't, and can't, condone MN38's behaviour. That is simply 'gaming the game', as-it-were. However, the reason that many have called this the "mini-MA" is noticably in those periods' when the side imbalance is the greatest. IMHO, this is the biggest issue facing the AvA right now.

The AvA hasn't seen numbers' like this in a long time. Which explains' why this problem has cropped up. Scenario's and snapshots' are directly controlled by an arena master, which is part of the reason for their success.
In here, Slash and Soda are more lenient with us, mainly because this event takes place over so many hours, and most likely they can't be on all the time. This is the time that we need to step up to the plate and police ourselves...so let's watch the balance, eh?

P.S. Yes, It took more than one try to fly the goon off of the CV. Never did it before.

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
mn38
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 10:01:48 AM »
he's a kid!!!  no offense taken but kids do kidstuff.  he's also playing on his dad's account.  his dad is a standup guy.  lighten up fellows

Offline republic

• Silver Member
mn38
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 10:08:38 AM »
Originally posted by thrila
Truekill that is not the full story....

Oh but it is.

I was one of the goons you plastered.  The numbers had actually gotten better when you switched.  You knew the goons were feet dry and minutes from the town.  I was flying in a roundabout arc to get to the town away from the upped aircraft...then a lone con comes straight for me...lo and behold...
P-47 pilot

Offline republic

• Silver Member
mn38
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 10:11:31 AM »
Originally posted by captain1ma
and now for my 2 cents. I pick a side, i stay with it.

I agree.  Once someone joins for the war, they should be tied to that side for the duration of the round.  If there is an issue of one side being oppressively large (doubtful), the admins can divvy up the squads as needed.
P-47 pilot

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
mn38
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 10:20:28 AM »
Oh please! view the film, i flew in the opposite direction setting up my views for the first minute.  If i thought the goons were imminent don't you think i would have headed straight to the town.  Do my actions in my film look like i knew where there were?  Most of my time headed to the town is me scanning my views checking for cons, i had no idea where there were, their alt or how many there were.

You're right the sides had evened up after i changed.  When i landed my first sortie since i changed the odds were only 11-6.

It may not bother you having overwhelming numbers and hording a base.  But to me it is rather dull.   If the numbers are significantly different i will change to the side with fewer pilots.  I have no affiliation with either side.  Ganging a con with 3 or 4 others isn't particularly enjoyable.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:25:04 AM by thrila »
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
mn38
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 10:25:13 AM »
Again, what is the point of separate forums?  The arena should probably follow suit to a point.  The way it is now, an individual can pick up intel, and go right to the other side with it without even changing their uniform.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
mn38
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 10:30:15 AM »
hmmmm

looks like frankc1 is bypassing the profanity filter....

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
mn38
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 10:32:07 AM »
probably a good thing storch hasn't been tuning 200.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: mn38
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 10:35:07 AM »
Originally posted by Larry
mn38 was on our side trying to sink a rook CV. About thirty minutes later I see a lone dot heading to TG7 that it about 75miles from the front line and maybe 25 miles off shore. Only way to know it ws there is if you were searching for CVs or if you did what mn38 did and switch sides. So I hop in a 5"er and see a set of B26s coming right for the CV. Killed them all but thats not the point. We need to do something about people switching sides and knowing stuff they souldnt. Few days ago some one was on our side and switched "because of numbers" which were like 11-5. About 2 mins before we said "ok two goons heading for A## is town still down?" When we get to the town the guy who switched knew we were coming and went right for us.

If we ever do this "war" thing again I ask that the mods set time limit to that frame (one week).

Well on the CV thing I can see your point, but the other could have just been luck.

I've switched sides a few times to help even things out. The night before last when we had that big battle for 57. I logged off right after we captured that base and sides were fairly even.

I logged back in about a hour or so later to see side way unbalanced, so I switched sides but before I did I told everyone on the Allies team I was going to do it.

I upped out of a base started getting some alt, next thing yea know I see 4 dots coming in at 64, I end up killing 3 of the 4. Now in the time I switched and upped and the time it took them to get there I have to assume they were already in the air when I switched.

So it would make me look like a side switching mission buster, however I have to say it was just pure dumb luck. I didn't have a clue they were attacking that base. It was just dumb luck, I upped at one of the two front line bases they happened to attack.

If I switch sides I'll fly for the side I'm on and won't give intell to either side, hell I almost saved that base for you guys but was about 30 secs late in a M8 to kill the troops.

So just like anything else, there will be people whom game the game. The best you can ask is to have a side switcher tell the team he's flying on that he is switching sides. This at least gives that team a chance to change their plans if they feel they need to.
"strafing"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
mn38
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 10:44:37 AM »
Originally posted by soda72
hmmmm

looks like frankc1 is bypassing the profanity filter....

Sounds like some is gonna get Soda-Popped.

:eek:

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
mn38
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 10:44:44 AM »
Originally posted by VonMessa
Again, what is the point of separate forums?  The arena should probably follow suit to a point.  The way it is now, an individual can pick up intel, and go right to the other side with it without even changing their uniform.

The problem with that is the hours each team has the most users tends to be different. So the only chance to even things up is to have guys whom aren't members of the team forums switch sides.

Prime time seems to be the only times teams tend to be even any other times one team always seems to have 60ish% and the other 30ish%
"strafing"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
mn38
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 11:10:58 AM »
I am with Vonmessa on this one.  Make a commitment to one or the other and stick with it.  Disallow side-switching completely. I am willing to take on the hoard, and be part of it the next.  I appreciate you "side-balancing" guys, but there is no need to balance if those who are aligned are willing to deal with the consequences.  The best solution is for all of us who enjoy this arena as it is, promote the living hell out of it.  We just need more bodies on both sides of the fence.

Oink
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
mn38
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 11:16:16 AM »
Originally posted by waystin2
I am with Vonmessa on this one.  Make a commitment to one or the other and stick with it.  Disallow side-switching completely. I am willing to take on the hoard, and be part of it the next.  I appreciate you "side-balancing" guys, but there is no need to balance if those who are aligned are willing to deal with the consequences.  The best solution is for all of us who enjoy this arena as it is, promote the living hell out of it.  We just need more bodies on both sides of the fence.

Oink

either way way I'm having more fun in the AVA than the whack-a-mole MA. I've tried to get my squad to come on in but It's falling on def ears, so I've started my own AVA squad with my brother.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
mn38
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 11:17:41 AM »
Again, where is the secrecy?  If not a member of forums, where does the loyalty lie?  

Mercenaries, eh?  Sell to the highest bidder.

But seriously, mission objectives given in the forum are invariably going to be vocalized on country text, range, etc.   Someone who is ...err....."neutral" has no incentive to either keep mum, or to spill the beans with wild abandon.  Bye bye surprise.  Forget feint tactics, decoys, superficial attacks, et al.  That kinda ruins certain aspects of gameplay as dictated by the arena setup.