Author Topic: mn38  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
mn38
« on: January 28, 2008, 09:20:31 PM »
mn38 was on our side trying to sink a rook CV. About thirty minutes later I see a lone dot heading to TG7 that it about 75miles from the front line and maybe 25 miles off shore. Only way to know it ws there is if you were searching for CVs or if you did what mn38 did and switch sides. So I hop in a 5"er and see a set of B26s coming right for the CV. Killed them all but thats not the point. We need to do something about people switching sides and knowing stuff they souldnt. Few days ago some one was on our side and switched "because of numbers" which were like 11-5. About 2 mins before we said "ok two goons heading for A## is town still down?" When we get to the town the guy who switched knew we were coming and went right for us.

If we ever do this "war" thing again I ask that the mods set time limit to that frame (one week).
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
mn38
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 09:31:33 PM »
We can adjust the change-sides feature to the MA standard of 24 hours or 24 days -what ever you guys need.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
mn38
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 09:39:19 PM »
I have to agree with TK on this; I witnessed both counts he mentions.  I personally feel we need a much longer change sides future than we have now.  I know some will gripe about side balancing, but side balance will naturally shift back and forth through out the day.  I don't mind being out numbered because I know sooner or later they will be out numbered.  I know I'd much rather fly out numbered than have a guy that helped me close a base switch sides and shoot down our c-47s.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Chapel

• Copper Member
mn38
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 11:10:43 PM »
Agreed.

I think 1 week is plenty good. Though I'm sure some will complain.
At least this way they can't gleen uselfull information as it'd be out of date.
Rolling Thunder

Offline Tattered

• Copper Member
mn38
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 11:17:50 PM »
No, my opinion, not a whole week. I say 24-48 hours. That would be better.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
mn38
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:32:13 PM »
The answer is not to increase the time to change sides, the answer is to stop the people who do it for the wrong reason. This is no different than vulching except that there is an arena setting related to it.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
mn38
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 12:44:36 AM »
Hey fellas- That might be a terrible idea.

I know where everyone's coming from, especially with the CV's. But the biggest problem is, That some of us that change sides to even the Bal. (I do) might have to jump every hour, sometimes' sooner. When numbers' are lower, moving even a few people can unbalance sides' even more. Usually, I limit my jumping to when one side get's to have a 5-player advantage over the other. However, when numbers are lower, say, 10-15 players a side, I might jump sooner. When arena #'s are lower, only 2 or 3 people might give too much of an advantage to one side or the other.

My only exception is when my squad flies in there (The 367th.) Tonight, for example, Dh and Cooley thought it would be cool to have squad night in the AvA. We did, and everyone had a blast. But, we all came in on the allied side, about 6:00-6:30ish PST. because the sides were 32-34 Bish(Axis) and 22-26 rook (allied.) So, we went rook and flew for the allies.

To make a long story short, we can either (a.) put up with side imbalance, sometimes grossly so, to preserve things' like CV and aircraft availability, or we can (b.) take our chances, but have the ability to keep things' on an even keel. I vote for even sides.

To fix the spying problem, I propose this, among you Allied/axis commanders: If someone is caught doing this again, The side that the perpatrator comes' from, should be forced to reveal like information about their own side. So thusly, if say Chapel 'pops' over into the axis, and just sits in the maproom, looking around, and going to different fields' and looking at things' like aircraft availability, or CV postitions, and is caught doing it, then Truekill should be allowed to come over and do the same. My theory is that if the penalty might allow a 'backfire' of said spy attempt, then the incentive to do it will be considerably dampened. You fellas' see what you think.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
mn38
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 05:30:46 AM »
Truekill that is not the full story and the numbers were almost 3 to 1.   I announced over country channel that i was switching sides, i stated which field i was going to up, i even told you guys it was ok to try and vulch me.  What exactly did you expect me to do? It was the only field being attacked.  I didn't go straight for your goons either, it's not my fault the 109s led me straight to you.   Of course i was going to shoot the goons down if i saw them.  It's not my fault the 109s chose to pretty much ignore me until i shot you down.  You post indicates that i knew where the goons were, which i didn't.  I knew goons were inbound, but i had no idea from where, but then any base with a CAP over it is more than likely to have a goon inbound.

You may enjoy having a massive numbers advantage, i don't particularly care for it.  I switched sides yesterday when the allies had massive numbers, i had no complaints the allies, infact they wished me well.

I hope you sent that film, Truekill.:rofl  Here's my film, i'll let you decide for yourself if i went straight for your goons or not.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 05:49:34 AM by thrila »
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
mn38
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 05:43:13 AM »
This is really only a problem when CVs are involved. I think if anyone wants to cheat bad enough. they can do it for an extra 15 buck under a second account. Maybe its worth forcing them to pay it if they have to wanna cheat that bad, maybe it just makes it harder for guys who like to side switch and play fairly.

~AoM~

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
mn38
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 05:43:26 AM »
That was the full story I only left out the name, but since you want to talk about it. We said we were rolling goons from the cv heading to the base. You said the numbers were uneven. They were 2 to 1 our side you said you were ganna roll from that base and before I could tell you something you were already there. The two goons were heading into the town when an ack poped. I asked a fighter to deack it real fast and he did I start droping troops and here comes a spit right for us, the other two enemy fighters didnt see us but somehow you did. Bad thing about it was we never took that base, if it wasnt for you we would have. What you did is as bad as what MN did and just the same as having two accounts just to spy on one country.

As others said I would rather be out numberd then have someone know intel they shouldnt just becuase they felt like "evening the numbers".
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
mn38
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 06:31:55 AM »
keep in mind that MN38 is a young lad.  I don't mean for that to be an excuse and he should be called on it but he is a boy and not a man.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
mn38
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 06:46:55 AM »
and now for my 2 cents. I pick a side, i stay with it. i have not changed sides once due to imbalances. its like a condition of the game. sometimes we have enough guys, sometimes we're outnumberbered-- so what!! pick a side and stay with it. i dont know how many times ive been flying and will have a guy with me and then all of a sudden hes blasting me out of the sky because he switched sides. not my idea of fun. those of you who think you're doing us a favor by switching....dont. the axis can deal with anything that arises. we are a much stronger group of sticks, if we're out numbered, so much the better. we just rack up the points. if you feel you need to switch sides, go play in the MA. All switchers should be considered spies and be shot on sight!! hehehehe sorry just getting into the moment. anyway my advice would be to pick a side and stay with it. its much better that way. bad feeling are brought by switching. again just my 2 cents. have a nice day :)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
mn38
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 08:33:30 AM »
Originally posted by FrodeMk3
Hey fellas- That might be a terrible idea.

I know where everyone's coming from, especially with the CV's. But the biggest problem is, That some of us that change sides to even the Bal. (I do) might have to jump every hour, sometimes' sooner. When numbers' are lower, moving even a few people can unbalance sides' even more. Usually, I limit my jumping to when one side get's to have a 5-player advantage over the other. However, when numbers are lower, say, 10-15 players a side, I might jump sooner. When arena #'s are lower, only 2 or 3 people might give too much of an advantage to one side or the other.

My only exception is when my squad flies in there (The 367th.) Tonight, for example, Dh and Cooley thought it would be cool to have squad night in the AvA. We did, and everyone had a blast. But, we all came in on the allied side, about 6:00-6:30ish PST. because the sides were 32-34 Bish(Axis) and 22-26 rook (allied.) So, we went rook and flew for the allies.

To make a long story short, we can either (a.) put up with side imbalance, sometimes grossly so, to preserve things' like CV and aircraft availability, or we can (b.) take our chances, but have the ability to keep things' on an even keel. I vote for even sides.

To fix the spying problem, I propose this, among you Allied/axis commanders: If someone is caught doing this again, The side that the perpatrator comes' from, should be forced to reveal like information about their own side. So thusly, if say Chapel 'pops' over into the axis, and just sits in the maproom, looking around, and going to different fields' and looking at things' like aircraft availability, or CV postitions, and is caught doing it, then Truekill should be allowed to come over and do the same. My theory is that if the penalty might allow a 'backfire' of said spy attempt, then the incentive to do it will be considerably dampened. You fellas' see what you think.

Well spoken.  Especially for one who seems to like the switching.  Although with your skill at getting a goon off the CV, we probably shouldn't worry a lot.  Did it hurt much?

Cast your lot for a side, stay there for a whole round, period.  Piss up a rope if  you or your squad choose unwisely.  Screw the numbers.  They even out from time to time and not because guys are trying to "even things out".  

If not one whole round, why even bother with having segregated forums?  Why did we need to choose a side in the first place?

If I had only one complaint, this would be it.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
mn38
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 08:40:41 AM »
The problem is not just this one little incident, the real problem is that this could happen to either side at any time. If a 24 hour side swiching timeout is the best solition available then lets impliment it.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
mn38
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 08:47:15 AM »
Originally posted by heythere
keep in mind that MN38 is a young lad.  I don't mean for that to be an excuse and he should be called on it but he is a boy and not a man.

Heythere,

No offense to you at all, but. Look...... deep into my eyes.............and......... .

tell me when or if you find someone who gives a flying

This switching sides is garbage.  Take away the choice.  Once per round, heck even let em earn medals for it.  I know (if I am correct) that medals are  forfeit right now if you switch sides.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.