Author Topic: X52 issue  (Read 428 times)

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
X52 issue
« on: January 29, 2008, 02:33:13 AM »
I tried to search, but guess what, the BB won't let you search for anything "X52", to short of a word. :lol

This has to do with my "Y" axis, up and down, elevator.

The Y axis on my X52 is very "notchy" from 0 to 100% both up and down, my scaling moves in increments of about 1000 all the way to max. So say it starts at 31335 in the middle, pull back on the stick slowly, 32344, 33356, 34369, 35378, so on. Same thing when I push down. there is NO jumping around, if I stop and hold the stick in one spot it is rock solid.

Now, the "X" axis is just like you would expect it to be. Nice and smooth no jumping, and it runs through all the numbers , both left and right.

Yes I have reinstalled drivers, re-calibrated many times. and I am not using a HUB both JS and pedals are plugged into computers USB ports.

any ideas?
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
X52 issue
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 05:25:25 AM »
You are saying that it's jumpy in flight right?  Not just the numbers in the analog window?

If it is bothering your flight you could try a couple of other things.  Unplug the USB cable and then plug it in again which should force the drivers to recalibrate (there is no separate Windows calibration for this stick, it's automatic).  If this doesn't work (and just as a troubleshooting procedure) try swaping your X and Y axis in AH and see if the problem remains in the same axis.  If it is then it's probably related to AH, not the stick.  I don't have my game computer with me but I believe there is a stick config file that you can delete but do a search on that before doing it as you'll probably have to remap any AH programmed buttons.  Also, on Saiteks forum there has been discussion of similar problems and their tech help has provided a detailed process to reset the drivers so you could search for that.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
X52 issue
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 05:50:18 AM »
I believe he is saying his Y axis is jumping in 1000 point intervals wheras his X axis is moving smoothly throughout the range.
Is the stick itself physically notchy or is it somewhere in the signal? If the stick is notchy, the hall effect wheels may be misaligned and touching the sensors. This can cause the response you describe.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 05:52:29 AM by SD67 »
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
X52 issue
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 11:12:18 AM »
Ya, SD has got it. the stick itself feels fine. it is jumping in 1000 point intervals. but only on the Y axis.
USMC/71sqn

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
X52 issue
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 11:42:47 AM »
SLED,

There is a saitek utility to wipe the stick settings in the registry so that when you plug the stick back in it regenerates from scratch. I wasnt sure if you've tried that yet or not...if not i'd start there just in case its corrupted at the registry level (in which case "recalibrating" normally wont help).

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
X52 issue
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 04:06:02 AM »
I don't see a "utility" per-say on the Saitek site, but there is complete uninstall directions.

if you know of a utility, give me a link please.

I tried their recalibration program, it didn't help.
USMC/71sqn

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
X52 issue
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 07:34:59 AM »
The recalibration utility is what I was thinking of...recalibration

Sounds like you've already tried it though...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
X52 issue
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 10:35:47 AM »
Don't delete your stick calibration file from AH unless you only use a single mode and can re-map the buttons without too much grief.

Unplug you rudder peddles.

This is independent of Saitek's driver, it's built into Windows:

Open Start:Settings:Control Panel:Game Controllers
Double Click Saitek X52 Flight Control System
Select the Settings Tab
Select Calibrate... follow prompts
Click Display raw data
This should fix it.
Select Test to see if it's tracking ok.

You may find you need to plug into a different USB port if you have the option.

In-Game, recalibrated again, it's separate from what I can tell.

Invest in an inexpensive USB hub as most motherboards can't handle the circuit loads with multiple devices.

After you make sure the stick is working, only then reinstall your rudder peddles.

GL
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Ramon

• Copper Member
X52 issue
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 08:23:56 PM »
Man Sled, you better get that fixed before Friday!  If you can't, let me know, I think I have an old Atari Joystick laying around you can borrow!:aok

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
X52 issue
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 08:34:22 PM »
:lol

I suddenly have BIGGER Computer issues.

:(
USMC/71sqn