Author Topic: Scoring/Stats causing issues?  (Read 942 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Scoring/Stats causing issues?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 04:03:08 PM »
Originally posted by a4944

Think about it.  Would you play slightly more aggressive if you were resetting stats after every session?  

No.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 04:17:08 PM »
I really doubt the majority of people who do not engage in a fight do so because of their rank.  I think it has a lot more to do with confidence, plane match-up, E status, fuel remaining, ammo remaining and a host of other factors.

I would bet that if rank were taken away you would see little to no difference in the arenas other than the loss of some of those who do like to play for score/rank.  It is, afterall, a game, and most games have some type of scoring system.

I'm just curious why you're so worried that someone ran from you anyway?  I count those as unrecorded wins.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 04:41:23 PM »
There's nothing wrong with keeping score, its making the information public that f@%$'s things up.

I would like to see a penalty imposed from bailing from a flyable aircraft, perhaps a 5 minute wait before re-upping.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 04:48:28 PM »
Originally posted by VERTEX
There's nothing wrong with keeping score, its making the information public that f@%$'s things up.

I would like to see a penalty imposed from bailing from a flyable aircraft, perhaps a 5 minute wait before re-upping.

And that would make people much more reluctant to engage in any fight.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »
Why?

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 09:35:49 PM »
The scoring system would remain exactly the same.  The only difference is that people could choose to reset at any time.  It's individual choice.  The thought is that a percentage of people (not all) would become more agressive and this would show up in overall game play.

Venom
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 09:42:35 PM by a4944 »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 09:39:38 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
I really doubt the majority of people who do not engage in a fight do so because of their rank.
I cannot count the times I've typed on 200 "So and So is running."    Guess what?   They usually turn around to save face.   Most DO NOT engage because of their rank.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 04:12:27 AM »
Originally posted by FireDrgn
Just Hide scores till the end of tour. Then let us know how everyone did.

This idea has some potential.

Also, why not keep hidden who killed you and who you killed until end of tour, then have detailed list available.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 04:14:28 AM by AAolds »
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 06:54:13 AM »
Score and rank have nothing to do with what or the way I fly.

Main is just a place to fly, talk with a few old friends, and if I'm lucky get a kill or 2. My main focus has always been Friday night FSO.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 07:44:12 AM »
I'm glad I consider real life more important than this.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2008, 07:50:39 AM »
Originally posted by thndregg
I'm glad I consider real life more important than this.

Real life is a myth.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2008, 04:18:56 PM »
Never understood why HT post the scores each tour on the Homepage.

Might of been cool in the old days when you could stamp your initials on the top of the "highest scores" at the corner shop arcade game. But I'm sure we've (except a few) have moved on from there.

...-Gixer

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2008, 09:05:21 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Score and rank have nothing to do with what or the way I fly.

Main is just a place to fly, talk with a few old friends, and if I'm lucky get a kill or 2. My main focus has always been Friday night FSO.

Roger that!  What does a low score get you anyway?  A low AHII score and a buck will get you a cup of coffee.  

I suck and my score is in the top 10%:rolleyes:   There are ALOT of people here who are excellent sim sticks who would own me in a second that have terrible looking scores.  Go figure.

I could play alot more/harder and get my score really low, but what would that get me?  I would get laughed out of my work/bar/friends' house if I brought up how well I was doing at a video game.

To me, and what I feel is a majority of others, this is a fun way to kill time, unwind and communicate with some online friends who share the same passion for WWII aircraft.

Stop paying so much attention to scores and I guarantee you will find it much more enjoyable.
"Rotorhed"