Author Topic: Vehicle Base Question  (Read 381 times)

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
Vehicle Base Question
« on: February 08, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »
What is the best thing to do if I am in a Tiger at a vehicle base belonging to my country when it was captured by the enemy?  I知 sure the first order of business is to eliminate any enemy ground GVs that are threats.  After that do I want top start shelling vehicle hangars first or ammo bunkers?  Another option is to get out of Dodge but I would think there would be a chance of taking down the base before it spawns any GVs and the Tiger would probably have the advantage over any spawned at first.

I was in a damaged Ostwind under just these circumstances.  I was thinking of jumping into a Tiger when the base was taken.  Now I知 wondering what would have been my best options.  And yes, it痴 probably obvious, I知 new to GVs.:)

Thanks
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Vehicle Base Question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 12:54:43 PM »
First thing for me after killing any enemby gvs would be to kill the manned ack. Then I would go either to the indistructible or the main pad vh and camp it. Then call out on your country channel and notify them of the situation.

One of the cool things I did once in a tiger was actually go into the main vh and shoot them when they upped. Your save from ack, and sure is easy to range the enemy :lol

I learned that one from Whels a couple of years ago. (The hard way)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Vehicle Base Question
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 01:02:23 PM »
Originally posted by Getback
camp it. Then call out on your country channel and notify them of the situation.
yup. easy capture, then land all those kills and tune 200 to enjoy the whining. :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Vehicle Base Question
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 02:14:49 PM »
I had exactly that happen to me one night.  I rolled out of the spawn hanger in a Tiger just as the field was taken.  I immediately moved behind the spawn hanger to camp it, out of the manned acks line of fire and put a call out on country channel.  I had 38 kills before my countrymen took the base back and I was able to land successfully :)
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
Vehicle Base Question
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 02:30:46 PM »
wtg bald
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Vehicle Base Question
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 02:51:35 PM »
Originally posted by Condor
What is the best thing to do if I am in a Tiger at a vehicle base belonging to my country when it was captured by the enemy?  I知 sure the first order of business is to eliminate any enemy ground GVs that are threats.  After that do I want top start shelling vehicle hangars first or ammo bunkers?  Another option is to get out of Dodge but I would think there would be a chance of taking down the base before it spawns any GVs and the Tiger would probably have the advantage over any spawned at first.

I was in a damaged Ostwind under just these circumstances.  I was thinking of jumping into a Tiger when the base was taken.  Now I知 wondering what would have been my best options.  And yes, it痴 probably obvious, I知 new to GVs.:)

Thanks

#1.) Manned Ack
#2.) GVs (If Any)
#3.) VHs
#4.) I'm not sure what you mean, the Tiger has the biggest gun, and the slowest turret. The tiger is not the king tank or anything, Firefly's can still take a tiger with 1 shot.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Vehicle Base Question
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 03:41:42 PM »
Originally posted by Getback
main pad vh  

From this one, all gv's spawn despite their being 3 hangars?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Vehicle Base Question
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 03:54:50 PM »
Originally posted by Hap
From this one, all gv's spawn despite their being 3 hangars?

Yes. Just like all fighters spawn in one and the same FH when clicking on "H".
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
Vehicle Base Question
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 07:25:22 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  And yes, I thought the tiger was the super tank.  That's  the impression I got from the descriptions on the trainer's page; not invincible, but by far the toughest.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Vehicle Base Question
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 07:43:54 PM »
Originally posted by Condor
Thanks for the responses.  And yes, I thought the tiger was the super tank.  That's  the impression I got from the descriptions on the trainer's page; not invincible, but by far the toughest.

Oh, that it is indeed. But it excels at long ranges not for close combat, where it's thick armor doesnt help as much and the slow turret traverse is big handicap. If you are able to keep the fight at distances >3k you fine, even when fighting it's biggest adversary: The Sherman Firefly
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman