Author Topic: the wasted vote thing...  (Read 1994 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 02:33:40 PM »
Originally posted by sluggish
Then tell Huckabee and Paul to get out.  If you get rid of those two Romney wins hands down.  I swear that mccain has promised Huckabee a juicy cabinet position if he doesn't drop out...

Romney isnt alot better either of the other 5
He insituted his social health care in his state.

Too bad they found out its gonna cost some 400 million more then they expected.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 02:36:14 PM »
Originally posted by Speed55
Check your states voting record.

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/

Republicans haven't counted in my state for the past 24 years.

So either way.. i vote for Ron Paul.  Then i vote for McCain or Romney, and a democrat wins anyway.

I voted for Dole, and clinton won.   I voted for Bush Sr. and clinton won. :(

Same thing here in Jersey.

Most of the people I know support Obama. clinton. Or Paul.
NOBODY I personally know. Even die hard Republicans support  ANY of the other 3 republican candidates.

But NJ tends to vote Democrat anyway. so its the same situation
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 02:38:42 PM »
Originally posted by myelo
If you vote for the Republican nominee and the Democrat wins, is your vote wasted?

If you vote for the Republican and your wife votes for the Democrat, are both your votes wasted because they cancel each other out?

If you vote for a candidate that ends up winning by more than a 1 vote margin, is your vote wasted because they would have still won even if you didn't vote, so what did you accomplish?

The purpose of voting is not to pick the winner. Voting is exercising your conscience.

The only wasted vote is the vote you didn't cast because you were too lazy to get out and vote.

there ya go :aok

and there is ALOT of people guilty of that.(not voting)
Yet do not hessitate to complain about who we get
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 02:42:37 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
And as it gets stronger, the other voters who have lost hope might just end up voting their conscience the next time. Eventually the best candidate wins and we stop our bleeding.

Voting for the less of two evils? I doubt our founding fathers envisioned this pessimistic outlook.

If you had bigger breasts and a cuter butt and a more feminine anatomy I'd marry you.

I could even deal with the whiskers as I've had Itallian girlfriends ;)
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 02:48:39 PM »
I'm registered Republican, so I can't vote for who I want in the primaries.  So I wont vote until the Presidential Election.

I don't see anything extremely wrong with social programs.  Our country is only as strong as our weakest links.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 02:51:12 PM »
you don't have to vote for someone that has no chance to win to "send a message", you can send a message to the govt any time you want to, ever hear of e-mail?

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »
Originally posted by AquaShrimp
I'm registered Republican, so I can't vote for who I want in the primaries.  So I wont vote until the Presidential Election.

I don't see anything extremely wrong with social programs.  Our country is only as strong as our weakest links.
This is the only thing that's wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_budget,_2007
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 02:53:19 PM »
Seems to me the democrats are eager to defend the anti-social allowing that their belligerence is the fault of society excluding them. I can't say that they've actually done anything to change the condition of those left out of the American dream for the better but I suppose that is debatable.

If I simply withdraw apathetically do I not become one of those disenfranchised? If the democrats win the election are they not then obligated to take up my cause? I'm not sure which would be worse, supporting republicans even though they lost or having the democrats take up my case.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »
your-o-peans have had almost 1000 years longer to develope their countries, governments and taxes.

give it time young one, america will mature.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 03:00:31 PM »
We are going to pay for certain people regardless.  Ever heard the old saying "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"?

If we don't provide neo-natal care for new mothers, and health-care for children, we will end up paying their medical bills down the road when they develop serious health problems.

If we don't provide adequate schools and after school programs, we will end up paying for the welfare and correctional facility costs for those individuals.

We are going to pay for it either way.  If we catch it on the front end, it will be cheaper.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 03:32:25 PM »
We are going to pay for certain people regardless.  Ever heard the old saying "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"?

If we don't provide neo-natal care for new mothers, and health-care for children, we will end up paying their medical bills down the road when they develop serious health problems.

If we don't provide adequate schools and after school programs, we will end up paying for the welfare and correctional facility costs for those individuals.

We are going to pay for it either way.  If we catch it on the front end, it will be cheaper.
Agreed---the thing is where do you draw the line. Right now, over 50% of our annual budget goes to such things, and it isn't even negotiable
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 06:53:18 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
you don't have to vote for someone that has no chance to win to "send a message", you can send a message to the govt any time you want to, ever hear of e-mail?

And those can be deleted without ever having been read.

The voting percentages, however, are not so easy to ignore. That is the message that is being discussed.

Of course, I wonder what that increasing percentage of votes' going to someone who cares might do-Like, force the two power blocks' that we have now to try to do the right thing? Possibly?

Or perhaps' force their hand...to do something more depraved. Like hasten their path of the destruction of the Constitution, to try to preserve their own hold over this country?

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 06:55:34 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
your-o-peans have had almost 1000 years longer to develope their countries, governments and taxes.

give it time young one, america will mature.

They are constantly changing too-I don't think that any European nation has had the same system's in place for 200-300 years' without major changes. (Correct me if I'm wrong, please.)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 08:15:39 PM »

**** that ****.  Why are the competent always expected to pay for the failures?  

No one is entitled anything.  **** them if they didn't get the neo-natal care they wanted.  If they want a better life, better health care, THEN THEY HAVE TO WORK FOR IT.  It's ****ing ridiculous that they even expect a single cent of money of which they have not earned.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
the wasted vote thing...
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 08:51:18 PM »
Well that is the reply of an extremely uneducated person.  

People don't choose to be born into poverty.  But they unfortunately are, even here in the U.S.A.  Like I said earlier, your tax dollars are going to pay for them one way or another.